1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Weighted Blankets

Discussion in 'The Cave' started by Sajid Mahmood, Sep 3, 2018.

1. Sajid Mahmood

Sajid Mahmood R.I.P Kobe Bryant

https://gravid.ca/

"The heart of your Gravid. This is the inner layer that is weighted in proportion to your body weight.
    The Gravid Inner Weighted Core has a specialized grid design to keep its weight evenly distributed. Non-toxic glass beads are sewn into small pockets throughout the blanket for a calming experience.
    Studies have shown weighted blankets to be effective in elevating mood, reducing anxiety and improving sleep."

Anyone tried or know anything about these weighted blankets, or are they just a another useless product?
    They claim to improve sleep by increasing melatonin to promote deep REM sleep.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2018
    Martha Barger likes this.
  2. They are very calming for autistic kids

Martha Barger and Sajid Mahmood like this.
  3. Freader

Freader Filtered

Awesome for people with Anxiety or Amplified Nerve Pain. They are calming. Can't confirm your last sentence.

4. Mike David

Mike David Same name new person

My wife has one she loves it. Says she sleeps very well with it. Good too if you move around a lot when you sleep and get yourself into funny positions that don’t feel good when you wake up. They are heavy as shit too.

5. Martha Barger

Martha Barger Martha Ray

If anyone knows any back up or possible reson for the claims of 'increasing melatonin' and, or 'promoting deep REM sleep' or if you have any weighted blanket brands you've liked please mention.

I've also wondeed if size matters because a local CT therapy company is selling a like crib size weighted blanket for adults and the owner said that size was all that was needed.

....I used to sleep with a Bed Buddy Hot/Cold Pack Thermatherapy from Bed Bath & Beyond on my chest at night in the winter and it was warm and relaxing but used microwave to heat and after I got rid of my microwave I changed to use a Fomentek Hot/Cold water bag https://fomentek.com/ The Fomentek bag are also great for using for castor oil packs.
    Water bag would provides weight but cool rather than warm may be better for health...
    What think y'all ?

Last edited: Dec 28, 2019
  6. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

The way they possibly work is to induce artificially a static ,frozen states that should occur at some point during sleep.
    I remember eiderdowns from when I was a kid, basically bags filled with feathers that were really heavy. I never slept so good and making the bed was your workout for the day as you had to shake them vigorously to redistribute clumped up feathers.

caroline and Martha Barger like this.
  7. Have you seen or read about Temple Grandin? She is an autistic university professor that pioneered low stress animal handling. An amazing, inspiring story. I highly recommend her 2010 movie for all , and any of her books for those interested in animals.
    Anyway, while in college, struggling mightily with social stress, she built a squeeze chute to calm herself like the ones used in cattle handling. This squeeze effect may be similar to the weighted blanket or that provided by submersion in water. OG biohacker extraordinaire! Changed and is still chsnging. her environment and the environment of other stakeholders (animals).
    I see many parallels for those with developed natural field sensitivities or nnemf . 5GCanary ! We can improve our own environment and advocate for other less represented members of our ecosystem.

8. Martha Barger

Martha Barger Martha Ray

I agree! Loved the 'Temple Grandin' movie and it endorses the idea that a big body squeeze / hug is stress relieving... Some of the selling points for the weighted blankets mention oxytocin. Hugs, Dogs, dancing etc. are also believed to increase oxytocin level.

5G Canary and Marko Pollo like this.
  9. caroline

caroline Moderator

and great sex.....

Martha Barger and 5G Canary like this.
  10. 5G Canary

5G Canary Gold

I always hated going to the dentist. Obviously it makes sense to me now... X-rays, bright lights, nnEMF’s. When I was little I used to ask if I could keep the lead vest on after they took the X-rays. I liked the way the weight of it felt on me. I actually would even fall asleep while they would work on me.

I have used a very heavy blanket my whole life. I have to admit these new weighted blankets that came out a few years ago are awesome but I still like to cut out a notch in the top... just like the dental lead apron. For me it’s all about covering and weighing down the shoulders and chest... it’s like when a massage therapist holds the tension in your shoulders down.

caroline and Martha Barger like this.
  11. 5G Canary

5G Canary Gold

I hadn’t heard of her... looking forward to watching her movie. It is funny how it mirrors both ways with animals. Animals, like us, are part of nature.... we aren’t separate from nature we are nature. We can learn a lot from them and the environment if we take the time to observe. They follow their instincts when to migrate... also when to isolate themselves so they don’t infect the pack.

Unfortunately we have been conditioned to ignore our natural instincts. When we do follow these natural instincts it’s usually now because of our subconscious. We don’t realize why we are doing certain natural behaviors and can’t articulate it. Sadly I think people can end up divorced or separated a lot of times when following these natural urges without understanding them or going deeper. Especially when we get sick....we unconsciously isolate ourselves as to not infect the pack or we migrate to save ourselves.

I remember when we where living in the 5G test area. Myself and the animals were all sick....skin issues, gut issues, joint issues, bone issues and major inflammation. The dog was on all kinds of creams, allergy injections, antibiotics and anxiety meds. The dog wouldn’t eat her food and she was always leading me to the door out of the house. The dog was actually trying to migrate- she was following nature’s rules. I remember the vet saying she will eat when she is hungry enough and not to worry about it. This kind of reminds me of what we do with intermittent fasting... as I did that for many years too. There was a reason I was not hungry and always felt better fasting. But it was also only another bandaid and it didn’t follow nature’s rules. I wasn’t using my sixth sense and I should have migrated.

I remember the little girl that died of leukemia a few doors down from us in the old neighborhood. She had a kitten and it died a week later also of leukemia. The kitten in nature probably would have migrated. But being forced to stay with her it developed the same illness. It mirrored.

The video below is by a veterinarian who had a horse named “Lily” that had EHS. What I found really interesting is that the horse with EHS in the stable affected the other horses red blood cells. Once she got her horse Lily with EHS red blood cells good... all the other horses in the stable self corrected. We are always mirroring our environment.

12. ElectricUniverse

ElectricUniverse New Member

Weighted blanket meme is certainly a sign of the times. So many of us are stressed by modern life with its toxic assaults, most especially RF/MW waves coming at us 24/7 with no respite.

Whatever ways we can use to cope we will use these days-- blankets, emotional support animals, or pharma drugs like sleeping pills and antidepressants. Support horses have been spotted on airplanes:

upload_2019-12-31_9-51-56.png

Remember Linus and his security blanket from Peanuts? Life imitates art:

upload_2019-12-31_9-55-51.png

Attached Files:

Martha Barger, caroline and 5G Canary like this.
  13. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Happy Healthy and Prosperous New Year 2020!

Due to dying activity on this board, I am spending some time watching veterinary shows.
    Specially veterinary Jan Pol.

Large parts of his busy life and his employees' other vets are around delivering very large calves and stapling turned cow's stomachs to prevent their turning.

Part of my life I spend on my parents farm.
    I have newer, not even once, came across this type of situation.
    No cow or calf died in delivery. Cows were able to go through delivery with practically no help.
    Ok, my parents had was a very small farm.
    The village we lived in was on a dead road in complete sticks.
    But in total there were about 30 small farmers, likely even less — the same story.

I think cows there were not altered monsters as I see now.
    Monsters that need IV calcium to produce this horrendous amounts of milk.

==================
    We are quickly becoming species that are not able to procreate naturally and deliver healthy ofspring
    and are altering our animals to be in our image.
    ====================

We used to be much smaller.
    Now each new generation is taller by number of inches.
    I am 5'8", taller than my father, and he was taller than his father (who spend about 20 of his working years in NYC area. Supporting his family in Poland (even before there was a Poland).
    My son is at least 4" taller than me. Little over 6 feet.

I suspect that other than electronic technology there must be other factors at play.
    I do not think that bigger people give humans a long term advantage.

What do you think?

How is she supposed to fit in those seats?
    upload_2019-12-31_12-6-32.png

14. ElectricUniverse

Yes, I've noticed younger generations seem to be taller. I am tall for my generation (near 6') but I find many millennial men are as tall or taller.

I suspect there is an environmental/epigenetic reason behind taller growth, but exact causation may not be known yet. I agree with you that larger size is no longer an evolutionary advantage in modern life (if it ever was in human history).

I believe Dr Kruse posted something about human size and how actually smaller may be better >> longer life.

The little horsie just stands there by the owner's seat behind the aircraft bulkhead (or sits on floor) during flight. I suspect owner had to buy the extra seat to fit in horse. No word on if the horse enjoyed the flight.

Martha Barger, caroline and JanSz like this.
  15. 5G Canary

5G Canary Gold

I heard the passengers asked...“Why the long face?” Lol!

Enjoy your New Year! Cheers to a world with clearer vision... in 2020!

16. caroline

caroline Moderator

since we are talking about animals .......there is something that is really bugging me and my DH and lots of others here as well.

We go every day to the ocean. This particular piece of paradise is NOT dog friendly. It is a pretty small bay and lots of people bring children here and have picnics etc.. There are multiple signs that say NO DOGS - at every single access to this beach ...and yet, every single day, people disregard all the signs and let their dogs run loose. This morning I was walking in the surf and a dog ran at me and jumped on me. The dog proceeded to run over a Lady and her two toddlers on their blanket. I said to the owner " no dogs on this beach" He totally ignored me and has been here very morning for a week.
    We have inadvertently stepped in dog poo more times than I care to remember.

We have a gorgeous ocean pool here as well that our council maintains ......and people take their dogs in it.

I must say that we have many, many kilometres of beach here that IS dog friendly.

I don't understand people's complete disregard for the rules and, I am thinking, that is their attitude to everything. They will do what suits them, when it suits them.

This morning a lot of random people were picking up beer bottles and cans and wine bottles and chip bags and food debris etc. Every day our beautiful beaches and parklands are littered with garbage.

When we tell someone politely that our beach is not dog friendly - we often get very abused. One guy used more filthy language in one sentence than I have heard in a long time and became very agitated and hostile.

Yeah - I know - low dopamine. Just thought I would get that off my chest.

and no .....we don't hate dogs - not at all. We, in fact, love dogs and have had various and assorted kinds through out our lives.

17. Anne V

Anne V Gold

18. Anne V

Anne V Gold

i thought i put an answer, and cant see it! gone in the ether:rofl:
    not saying anything to low dopamine people is in my view giving consent to things
    that are wrong or wicked.
    i ll get you some earplugs for next time ;) you wont have to hear the answer xoxo

JanSz likes this.
  19. ElectricUniverse

I have come to the conclusion that pets, like children, are an extension of people's egos. So bad behavior is excused with no apologies.

caroline likes this.
  20. Hannah Barrows

Hannah Barrows New Member

upload_2020-1-2_15-37-10.jpeg upload_2020-1-2_15-39-46.jpeg Snug as a bug in a rug