1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Week 1 is down - how's every one doing?

Discussion in 'Optimal Reset 2013' started by Shijin13, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Aussie Nana

Aussie Nana New Member

Just the usual, mussels and pork belly cooked in coconut oil followed by a cup of early grey tea. It didn't happen this morning after breakfast, so perhaps it was a one off.

2. Aussie Nana

Aussie Nana New Member

Question: on our optimising labs there are suggestions for the amount of exercise to do based on one's VO2 Max. On the Q&A Jack suggested we get it done properly as the proxy approaches aren't very accurate. That seems easier said than done as I can't find anywhere to do it, though I did see a report from several years ago that someone got it done at the university for $140, so I might have to check that out. And is it usual to have one's ears pricked every 3 minutes as they do it. The report indicated you should wear a shirt that didn't matter if it got blood spattered.

3. Aussie Nana

Aussie Nana New Member

I managed to tolerate a quarter of a tablet of Mg malate yesterday without setting off the diarrhoea. I'll try half a tablet today and see if I get away with that.

4. Lyndra

Lyndra Gold

You can often find a private athletic coach who can do a VO2 max test and universities with a sports science program can do it (as well as various athletic rehab or training clinics). Your ride a stationary bike or walk/run on a treadmill and they take a blood sample every few minutes.

5. I try to eat foods in season that grow in my area. Avocados contain aprox 15 gm of carb per avo. I eat them a lot in the spring through fall.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2013
  6. HelenaVon

HelenaVon New Member

Thanks for the kind reply Caroline,
    I think I need to work more on the 4hours empty tummy before bed,all your other ideas were great.
    thanks!

Today was my 40ith birthday and I got to eat lots of shrimp. yummy!

7. caroline

caroline Moderator

Happy Happy Birthday Helena - I hope you had a great day!!

8. caroline

caroline Moderator

I just re read ...... BRAIN GUT 6 : EPI-PALEO Rx ..... I have been forgetting about how important the sea veggies are. It was really good to refresh my memory. This is such an important blog and of course I am seeing it with new eyes....

9. Yep but there is still the seasonal issue that I try to adhere to. So until more research is done to understand which avocados are currently in season (and I've been told there are some) I will just continue with me beef tallow, MCT, CO, and goat butter as my winter fat. Hopefully I will be able to spend sometime today on this.

10. OK folks, the jury is in!! There are several varieties of avocados that yield either winter or year round, like Hass, Pinkerton, and the ever famous Fuerte, in So Cal. But there is even a mid winter varietal called Bacon. And who could say no to a bacon avocado??

Thanks Anna for making me do the research today. Off to the store to get avocados and the fish mongers to get my weekly dose allotment of fish!

11. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Finally kicked my Migraine to the curb.... upped my Pg, and pushed the snot out of mitochondrial Rx. I've decided I will be doing my own thing, and I'll tell Dzugan what he wants to hear...

12. caroline

caroline Moderator

I think that is such a smart move - no one knows you better than you. You have learned so much in the past 2 years and with JK's help you are going to be golden - failure is not an option!

13. caroline

caroline Moderator

Soooooo ........ How is your sleep??? Let's talk......It is so very, very important to be getting a great nite's sleep.

14. kathylu

kathylu Gold

Congratulations Gretchen! Just curious, what form of progesterone did you increase? Prometrium or bhrt cream? How much? Inquiring minds want to know...

15. ashryn

ashryn New Member

My sleep is good.. Go to bed round 9.30-10 sleep all the way to the alarm (5am) on weekdays or till 6 on weekends. I realise that I am probably getting an hour less than I need during the week, and try to address that by going to bed earlier when I can, but most nights I am not even a little bit sleepy till 9.30 at the earliest. Over time I am sure I will get more used to early nights, considering for all of my adult life i have been a night owl, and feel like I am missing out on some creative genius thoughts now by sleeping through them, I think I am doing well with this. Also, its summer, and it only gets dark at 8.30 right now.. Winter should be easier.

I wear orange glasses from 7pm, I have finished dinner most nights by 5.30, I don't watch TV in general, I mostly read with my ipad, with the colours inverted so all the white is black. This reduces the amount of artificial light that gets in. I sit in a dark room to read usually with the cool fat burner vest on, and I close my eyes when I walk past DH's brightly lit cave.. I am good at going places without turning on lights, and navigating the kitchen with my eyes shut so the blue microwave lights don't get me :)

Caroline, sleep is the magic thing that keeps me going.. I would have never have even considered i had problems with sleep before, but sleeping the whole night without waking at all has spoiled me, now if something wakes me up in the night I get a bit miffed that my sleep is disturbed! Now I just need the patience to let the sleep work its magic and make me young and skinny!

16. caroline

caroline Moderator

Yep - sleep is the magic thing .... I used to think I was super woman and didn't need hardly any. What have you done about your clock radio? I have turned everything off in the bedroom - my cock radio used to be beside my head - that could explain a lot of things! I do have to get up once to go to the bathroom tho. Now that my clock radio is off and I don't watch TV - I never know what time it is and half the time I don't know what day it is either.......

17. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

I increased 10% Pg gel to 2ml/day. definitely feel better, sleep is staring to return...but not great...still occasionally waking up btwn 130-2am but now I'm falling back to sleep easier.

Dzugan isn't a fan of oral prometrium for women w/migraines... I'm still contemplating talking PCP into giving my a rx for 200mg. to use vaginally.

18. Zorica Vuletic

Zorica Vuletic New Member

Gretchen, I hope you are still getting improvements!! Glad you upped your pg and turbo charging the mito rx. I think the mito rx is very helpful. I don't do all the supps b/c I can't afford (nor probably never will be able to) the different supps...BUT I go heavy on the magnesium. I am very happy with the magneisum so far. In just a month I no longer have an ankle pain in which when I tied my boots of equal pressure on both ankles the right ankle felt sore and it felt like it was digging into it. Now it is absolutely gone. :) I am also noticing WAY less -to none pain on right side of head even during right now when it is leading up to my cycle. (Well hope it does come b/c January was the first time after 6 months so hope it will come again 'and I am taking Vitex now for over a month').

Good luck and ya it would be nice if all of us were those 'lucky' ones who can be hard to their bodies and 'not suffer'....like so many it seems to be that I notice. grrrr. O well.

19. TheKid

TheKid Gold

Going rough for me. The leaner I get on carbs, the worse I feel. I've been doing the Mito Rx for quite a while, so I don't think that's it. So it must be my adrenal fatigue rearing its head. I'm up for some hydrocortisone supplementation this week, so hopefully that will turn things around.

Question: I forgot what to do if you wake up before dawn. I've been up earlier these days and I can't remember if we're supposed to eat within 30 minutes of rising and then just dose the sunlight when the sun comes over the horizon? Or are we supposed to wait and coordinate the two together? Thanks.

20. endless

endless New Member

I don't know what we're supposed to do, but I wake up before dawn and I put on my uvex and get up and start prepping my food. I take them off when I can start seeing light beginning outside.