1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Week 1 is down - how's every one doing?

Discussion in 'Optimal Reset 2013' started by Shijin13, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Raylynn

Raylynn New Member

First week down

Eating okay. Sleeping great, but can't get up in the morning. Think my low T is responsible for that. I am doing the leptin reset and Jack's post last week about more fat with my BAB really hit home. Added some avacodo and pepporoni with my BAB and did much better with the hunger. Eating more fat with lunch also and am not getting hungry mid-afternoon.
    Do other people have trouble with lunch? Trying to remember to prepare ahead with having protein and fat already cooked is not going well. If we have leftovers, I am fine. But if no leftovers, I am stuck. Will try to cook some extras this weekend!

2. caroline

caroline Moderator

Raylynn - have you tried throwing something in a crock pot so you always have left overs? That is what I do - cook a big roast and then there is plenty and I don't get caught short. I also keep lots of canned salmon and sardines on hand and shrimp in the freezer. You will get into a pattern and it gets alot easier.
    Are you having a big enough BAB? I had to have around 85 gms of protein some days [most days] and then I wouldn't be hungry until about 4:30pm. That is when I have supper and then I am not hungry until the next morning. Have you tried a BPC?
    Don't forget to pay very close attention to light cycles - extremely important - for me - it is the most important.

3. I started a new job that is temporary and then on to another position. But, what I am learning now is how to "do lunch": drive to the beach, eat mostly salmon skin fried up the night before, walk in the water all in less than an hour. Then I go back to a room with no windows and a few machines always on. Thankfully this is only temporary. But I feel really great for the last three hours of my day after the walk in the ocean. I slug through the Pacific ocean, mid calf to above the knee high water as the waves come in and out. I got the BAB down to a science and with my BPC w/ goat butter, mct oil, and a little d-ribose I seem to do quite well for 6-7 hours of the day. Just working out the kinks now in the timing of everything including getting all my supps in. Just wish I had some orange glasses for work. I'd feel less vulnerable in the "room with no life".

The mag citrate has given me the Big D so I'm switching off tonight to try the malate at night. I take the threonate in the morn and then at lunch I take the orotate.

4. caroline

caroline Moderator

It is amazing what we can do with a little forethought and some simple planning. The walks in the Pacific at lunch time is such a terrific idea and don't you find that food doesn't have the same power? Cold salmon cooked the night before is perfect.....

5. Aussie Nana

Aussie Nana New Member

I am so sleepy. Is that normal? Day 2 of huge BAB and I haven't needed lunch.

6. diane

diane Gold

Aussie nana - mag makes me sleepy. Sometimes other vitamins too. But I haven't been sleepy from the BAB.

7. Aussie Nana

Aussie Nana New Member

It might be the magnesium as I've just started taking it. I'm OK with the threonate in the morning and the malate at night but if I have the orotate at midday I really get bad diarrhoea. Does anyone else have that problem? I'm not sure if it is the orotate causing the problem or its just too much magnesium in total for me at the moment. Any ideas anyone?

Terrible sleep last night after two nights of good sleep. Perhaps it was the nap in the afternoon that threw things out.

8. ashryn

ashryn New Member

Yah, too much Mg will do that.. Mines a blend of a bunch of versions.. And if I take too much it's all bad :/ it seems like you can work your way up to it though.. I still don't know what constitutes 'plenty of Mg' so every few days i take an extra one to see if I can use more.. So far, not.

9. HelenaVon

HelenaVon New Member

I lost 3 pounds on the third day,then today it's back! Bummer,I hope things get better for me..
    I'm having a hard time trying to find things to eat in the mornings.I just never feel hungry and force eat some canned sardines and eggs..it's getting un appatizing quickly lol! I am excited about being healthier and want this to work.

Best of wishes to you all.

10. caroline

caroline Moderator

I would suggest that you read the leptin R/x again and make sure you haven't missed something. Are you making sure that your last meal of the day is at least four hours before bed time? I usually have dinner around 4:00 pm and then don't eat until the next morning. Are you following the light cycles? that is really, really important. Do you have the blue blocker glasses? How are you sleeping?.
    Make sure that when you cook - you plan for leftovers...... like a roast .... and have some bacon and BPC to get your fat up. Keep asking questions .....Remember to think outside the box - think more dinner stuff for breakfast - I know if I was eating sardines and eggs every morning I would be throwing up lol
    Hope that was of some help.

11. Aussie Nana

Aussie Nana New Member

I've divided the Mg orotate tablet into 4 and just taken a quarter. We'll see if my body will tolerate that. Orotate is for the ATP I believe and its my ATP that's playing up. So I probably need it. I forgot to take it earlier as I'm no longer eating lunch. It seems a little odd to serve it up to my husband and not eat anything myself. Shopping day for veg tomorrow. Variety is rather narrow when I go epipaleo with no eggs, no tomatoes, no bell peppers, no potatoes, no nuts because of my auto-immune problems. I have to say I've not had a flare up since I started this thougg and the tightness caused by the arthritis is now in only two fingers - one on each hand. Best for a long time.

I had a weird experience this morning. Straight after BAB I started to get itchy patches on the back of my arms and they got very hot. I looked down at my hands and had huge red blotches over four knuckles and very red patches on the backs of my arms that lasted almost an hour. The knuckles had been fine before, fine since. The patches on my arms were over where I have a lot fat underneath. I'm not sure if I'm imagining things but the fat underneath doesn't feel quite as hard as it was before. Something happened anyway.

12. caroline

caroline Moderator

What did you have for your BAB? I get like that when I work with eggplant. I always used to eat them and was fine but when I was preparing them my hands would be bright red and burning.

13. kathylu

kathylu Gold

I found what helps me with sardines (which I definitely do NOT love) is to drain the olive oil off first. I know some of you drink it, but...yuck! Then I pour on 2 tbsp of red wine vinegar. The acid seems to cut the taste enough that I kinda enjoy eating them! Shhh...don't tell anybody.

14. I love sardines on toast w/peanut butter. So no toast and no peanut butter makes sardines boring and kinda fishy (and I love fish!). So I am going to try this suggestion and see what happens. It sounds like a Sardine Salad w/o the lettuce! LOL

15. Lyndra

Lyndra Gold

I mix my canned (in water) sardines with half an avocado and roll up in a sheet of nori. It makes me feel like I'm actually cooking ;)

16. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

I sneak sardines into tuna salad w/apple, avocado, celery, and fish roe... yum...

of course the kids when the don't want what I'm serving for dinner go straight for the pantry now and pull out oysters and sardines... how awesome is that???

17. caroline

caroline Moderator

What a great idea! - it would work to roll in a lettuce leaf too

18. caroline

caroline Moderator

I seem to have given up on cooking ...... a little raw meat, some ceviche and every once in awhile I throw a lamb shoulder into the crockpot and then there is cans of salmon and sardines ...... so easy!:D

19. I'm still trying to understand if I can have avocados. In So Cal they grow almost all year round if one is willing to switch out varieties. I would like to bring them back into the eating plan soon. This idea sounds great!

20. Great idea! I may sneak that in on myself for lunch! ;)