1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Week 1 is down - how's every one doing?

Discussion in 'Optimal Reset 2013' started by Shijin13, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

How's everyone doing on their 90 day optimal reset?

2. kathylu

kathylu Gold

Ok. Sleep is better, but not great. I've lost 5 lbs (which is not my focus at this point, by the way). I am hoping for great energy and to regain the ability to exercise, which I miss. The few times I have exercised vigorously recently, playing with my son, has resulted in hugely sore muscles the next day, which of course Jack says is due to mitochondrial inefficiency. I have seen so much improvement in my energy level from the taurine, acetyl L carnitine, d-ribose and ubiquinol that I am very excited to continue this path. My CT has been inconsistent, mostly face dunking the last week. Of course I tell myself that is because I have been working so much...but there is certainly an element of procrastination in there! The diet is easy...no cravings to speak of and I am barely hungry. Overall, a good first week!

3. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Im getting my ass handed to me at 8500 ft.....But I like the ice cold lakes!!!

4. BJK77

BJK77 Gold

kathylu - If you haven't already posted it somewhere, would you mind sharing your doses and timing for the supplements you're taking? Thanks!

My week 1 started out good, but sleep now sucks thanks to an indulgence of shellfish and my crappy histamine issues . . . I'm staying tight with my diet though and earthing as much as I can handle on the snow-covered ground.

Went for a hike with the kids yesterday and did some major tree hugging and even a little smooching . . . my kids thought it was hysterical :) I was pretty stoked when my 12-year old daughter said she could feel tingling in her hands that moved up her arms as she hugged the tree . . . made her want to do it even more because she thinks she's now "magical!" LOL!

5. caroline

caroline Moderator

You guys are doing great - very impressive

6. caroline

caroline Moderator

Can you tell us more?? Altitude is bothering you? You are in such good shape - you would have had to call an ambulance for Darleen and I - for sure.....

7. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

altitude can kick the snot out of any one when they're not used to it. I do better at altitude but it getting and staying hydrated is a bitch...

8. Zorica Vuletic

Zorica Vuletic New Member

How do you stay hydrated at altitude?

9. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

you show up hydrated, and drink water like crazy...

10. caroline

caroline Moderator

so Gretch - you are generally used to altitude? so you retain that mostly? except for hydration issues....When I was in the Himalayas and came down from altitude - I had so much energy I didn't know what to do with myself and everyone else was dragging their ass .... Interesting - I hadn't eaten anything at all for a couple of days because I got sick from some eggs - so you would think I would have been really depleted - instead I felt incredible! the energy was way over the top.....

11. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

I sleep better at altitude, and in general feel better at it. my asthma is actually doesn't bother me at altitude either. not sure if its from spending summers on the high desert step of the snake river plain, or if it was b/c I spent 4yrs at 7250ft for college. whats crazy is during college I never got muscle fatigue/ soreness - but lots of others did... I think at that point in my life while my mitochondria weren't optimal, they recovered quickly. granted I wasn't eating an optimal diet...

I think we each have our sweet spot... the question is where is that for us?

12. diane

diane Gold

I have had a good week overall. Felt amazing last week - really upping the BAB and had very little cravings. Then one day of being at a conference all day and some late night wine, kicked me out of it for a couple of days. It wasn't horrible, but worse than I have been feeling. Although I got some good sleep Saturday and Sunday night and feel kick butt today.

One thing I've noticed - because there has been talk of histamine on other threads - is that mine has been much better lately. I have had constant congestion and runny eyes for a couple of years- and has been on and off for short periods of time. I've probably had it for longer, but just noticed that I had it a couple of years ago (it's amazing what we have and don't notice). My eyes have been clear and I don't feel as much stuffiness in my sinuses. I think it's been since I started upping the CoQ10 and adding D-rhibose and L-carnatine. Can't say which one has done it. Sometimes my throat feels "closed" as well, almost like I have breathing issues (especially going up stairs and I don't believe it's because I'm "out of shape") and it hasn't felt like that either. Will see if my sense of smell comes back!

13. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Well I got in a bad wreck going to airport and hurt my left knee......and then yesterday we climbed 1500 ft down into a canyon barefoot, did deep CT for 45 minutes and climbed the rocks out of the canyon and I hurt my operated knee during ascent.......I got two bad wheels. Today we went in at 10,500 ft at 22 degree and I made it four hours........My knees just wont allow for the extreme environments Erwan has us in........lots of fun and Joe Brancelona is a stud........he is out in shorts in it all day eating Epi paleo..........This is no beginners course. Erwan says this is the most difficult terrain and conditions he trains in. That made me feel a bit better.

14. Zorica Vuletic

Jack do you still use vit D3 at this time of year? I know in past you said you use it extra in winter starting from Sept 15 to March. In some thread back in September you had said your D tanked (I don't know why it did though) so you were upping your D3 supplementation (and I believe you meant as an actual supplement instead of just food since you already eat all the seafood). To which someone argued why you would need to b/c of epi-paleo and then I responded to that person that it's b/c of your labs and level of broken-ness.

So just curious if you're still using vit D3 and/or with combination with all mitochondrial supps. And if you feel just mitochondrial supps are actually enough in place of vit D3.

15. Zorica Vuletic

Ok thanks for the reply. I am a bit confused though b/c I always get mixed cues on drinking water. I thought for some reason drinking too much (which you imply you should do) would over saturate the cells even further and push out important electrolytes. So you do drink an electrolyte fortified (natural and not sports drink of course) drink? Is the water just bottled water?

Thanks again. :)

16. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

I always just drink water. that's it... maybe some green tea. and avoid the alcohol.

17. caroline

caroline Moderator

Glad to hear you are having fun even if your wheels aren't working to optimum ..... Sandy is going to have to give you lots of TLC when you get home. Is everyone that is along at about the same fitness level? I suppose Erwan must run newbie courses? We need more pics especially of Joe!

18. caroline

caroline Moderator

How is your red truck? ...... you are such a guy!

19. kathylu

kathylu Gold

No problem, but remember that Jack says this is quite individual. At 8 am I take 5 g d-ribose + 0.75 g taurine + 4 drops 2% Lugol's iodine (10 mg iodine), dissolved in 1 oz of water. Then I take a 500 mg capsule of acetyl L carnitine and a 100mg ubiquinol softgel. At 6 pm I repeat the above doses without iodine. If I remember, at 1 pm I will take another 500 mg of acetyl L carnitine. There is certainly room to increase the doses, but I am feeling really good (energetic) here, so I think I will stick with this for a few weeks before any increases.

20. Aussie Nana

Aussie Nana New Member

I've had a difficult week. My usually supportive husband suddenly withdrew and made life harder than it needed to be. I backed off, complained on this forum and then spent a lot of time relaxing, reading and generally being nice to myself.

Eating epipaleo, no cardio, not much of any exercise other than a slow walk for the dog. I've added the 3 Mg and its too much but have left a question on Ask Jack as to how to deal with it. Also added ubiquinol once a day and K2. Other than that Vitamins A & B plus betaine hydrochloride when I remember at meals. I've also put in for Jacks assessment of the labs that would help me optimise. When I get those back I'll reassess where I'm at. The family has had a bit of a shock as my 69 year old sister had a heart attack at the weekend (yes, I know the heart doesn't actually attack, but its what the Dr said).