1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Wearing blue blockers in public?

Discussion in 'Beginners Area' started by John Smith, Feb 1, 2016.

1. John Smith

John Smith New Member

How are you supposed to wear uvex blue blockers everywhere in public and even during the day without someone asking you? If someone asks you what it is, what do you say? How will my boss accept this? I can't wear this if I am having a job interview.

2. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

There are other options out there. You can request at the optometrist to get glasses with a blue blocking tint to them. I wish I could remember right now some of the details but I understand what you are saying. There are styles available that look pretty normal. Ruben Salinas has a nice pair
    I have a pair of uvex as well. The colour is pretty intense. They are a bit difficult to see through for some reason. It's hard to explain but I tend to shy away from them because of this.
    Tell people that the fluorescent lights gives you headaches. That's what I say..
    Sorry for the vague answer...

caroline likes this.
  3. RobH

RobH Gold

I wear Bluetech glasses. They have a slight yellow tint. A few people have asked and I tell them that they block blue light from computers. Some ask more, some don't. Not a huge deal. You just have to get used to not worrying about what others think and know you are doing the right thing for your health.

I've work my dark (orange) tints a few times ...

RobH

caroline, nicld and Cpt.Tired like this.
  4. Inger

Inger Silver

I cant use blueblockers at work as I am a waitress.... or I might be able to use the less tinted one but I do not have those. The guests need to see my eyes well, it is part of my work.. Otherwise, I do not care one bit what other people say. I put them on as soon as I leave the restaurant. They think I am weird and ask why I use sunglasses at night and I tell them I am healing my hormones... always makes for lots of fun...lol people, do are interested!
    I have realized guys are watching me when I walk around after dark with the blueblockers..... maybe they think it is sexy...lol

I try to choose jobs where I do not have to work late.. and when I do have to, I do more healing stuff to balance the damage.

Cpt.Tired and nicld like this.
  5. John Smith

John Smith New Member

Do bluetech glasses block most of the blue light or not? Are they not fine for during the day?

I need blue blocking glasses not are not freakish and ugly because I have to tutor a few students and I am applying for other jobs at the moment. Can anyone suggest one that blocks most blue light (maybe not all) but looks stylish and people do not think I am a freak.

I know that uvex types are suitable for the night so I will continue to wear them at night.

6. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

If I'm wandering around normally obviously I don't care what others think however when I started wearing my blue blocker sun glasses to work I got complaints from managment. I have since switched to glasses used for computers that block blue. No complaints yet. They don't block all blue, blue looks barely any differen't in them however everything is overall more yellow. You can tell they are working because if you look at the outside as light shines on them you can see blue getting reflected back.

I think why blue looks the same is because your vision shifts the wavelength of colors in lower light situations. Bare with me here. If you look at your black lights in daytime they look dark blue however at night they look more violet. If you look at your red light in day it looks red however at night it looks orange. As the light level lowers it appears your vision compensates by moving the colors to smaller wavelengths to help you differentiate things.

caroline and Cpt.Tired like this.
  7. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

Interesting....

8. Jenny S

Jenny S Gold

seanb4 likes this.
  9. John Smith

John Smith New Member

Are they Gunnar's computer glasses? Which type?

seanb4 likes this.
  10. Jenny S

Jenny S Gold

mine are - not sure which ones but can follow up later if you want. Packing up to move at moment.

11. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

They are type doesn't really matter as I think all of theres have blue block in but they are:
    phantom -gloss onyx-amber

12. Toby King

Toby King Gold

I have used quite a few different blue blocking glasses (I have a draw full of them now haha) my personal favourite for out and about are the Swanwick Blue Blocking Glasses http://www.swanwicksleep.com/products/swannies
    Unfortunately they don't block all blue, but definitely do a better than Gunnars or other non-uvex blueblockers. And they look great!
    Also, I found this discount code for 15% off 'BIGBRANDONCARTER'

I know Jack has a couple of really nice prescription pairs with BPI 550 tints, and if you want to find specific dips and coatings for prescription glasses to get at most optometrists: http://www.callbpi.com/Therapeutic_Tints.html

Attached Files:

Xavier Rodriguez likes this.
  13. dantothep

dantothep Follow life's little clues...

Hi Sean, in my opinion the fact that the Gunnars reflect back blue light from the inside coating is not good. This is creating an intensified blue light of the colour wavelength you want to block directed back into your retina; I guess Gunnars (I own a pair, but don't use them) would be ok if you sat in a dark room...

Just use the Blutechs indoor for Daytime PC use, and BPI 550 for Evening use.

14. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

Hmm, I did worry about this. If light enters from above lighting it could reflect in my eyes. I do have some sun glasses that are supposedly blue tech although they were only like £8 so I'm not sure. These also seem to reflect the blue though...
    Are the blue-tech meant to absorb it instead?

15. dantothep

16. dantothep

£8 is too cheap...for Blutech BTW

17. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

Yes.

I thought it was too cheap.

How much blue light do you think gets in the sides if you wear them close to your head?

Don't fancy shelling out again.

18. dantothep

Get them re-lensed with Blutechs, i might have a way to do it for £50.00

19. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

Im googling but where would you even get them? I cant find anywheere that sells them online...

20. dantothep

I'll get mine done and then i'll let you know. Sending mine off early next week, so will report back here.

seanb4 likes this.