1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

We Need a "Where to Move to" thread.

Discussion in 'Feedback/Suggestions' started by brent-next, May 24, 2017.

1. The same with me. Two years ago I found my dream house and wanted to build up a farm, now I think about selling all my stuff and moving south, living a "mobile" life. But I also need money :(

ScottishEmma and caroline like this.
  2. brent-next

brent-next Gold

My testing from a resort in Northern Cyprus shows me that your basic contain ship at about a mile off shore produces radar pulses with the same signal strength on my meter as a typical Wi-Fi at 15 feet away.

I think the lesson here is don't ignore the marine, military and aviation EMF pollution, but whatever you do, don't think that your wi-fi and your mobile phone are harmless. I've tested two new Toyotas that have what are essentially always on cell phone transmitters built in.

I think that your following the sun idea has a lot of potential. Before you go, get yourself a small portable RF spectrum analyzer and learn how to use it. These things are made for tech savvy engineers, so expect to take some time to learn how to use it. You want one with as much of the spectrum covered as you can find.

3. Sean Waters

Sean Waters New Member

Yeah I tend to have a habit of ignoring planes and boats, but it's alarming that it is similar strength to wifi and phones from that distance... Can you advise on any decent product for the RF spectrum analyser?

caroline likes this.
  4. caroline

caroline Moderator

when you have tested the toyotas Brent - is this Blue tooth you are speaking of?

brent-next likes this.
  5. brent-next

brent-next Gold

I'm not sure what the source of the signals was. One Toyota was a late model Hilux Pickup, I was a passenger in, and the other was a late model Rav4 that I was renting. The Hilux had a continious signal (that went away when you turned the car off) and the Rav4 produced about four ten second bursts per minute, that also went away when the car was turned off.

This is the meter that I was using: http://www.emfields-solutions.com/detectors/acoustimeter.asp I have found this to be a very useful meter.

The obvious solution to this problem would be to check the documentation for any features like tracking, wi-fi, or bluetooth that might be emitting these signals.

If the car was yours, you could then find which fuse supplied power to that transmitter and pull that fuse. Hopefully it wouldn't also disable other features that you needed.

I also have one of these spectrum analyzers. http://j3.rf-explorer.com/ This will let you figure out what the source of a signal is without any documentation, but it takes more time, effort and skill. Try to find a local RF engineer and see what he uses and recommends. Expect there to be a learning curve with any spectrum analyzer.

There is one easy to get to place in the United States that is NOT an EMF hell hole and it might be a good choice for some people, some of the time. It's the United States National Radio Quiet Zone and it's located mostly between West Virginia and Virginia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_National_Radio_Quiet_Zone

Radio transmissions are very limited in this area. In some areas you can't even use a microwave oven. It's a lot further north than I would like at 38 to 39 degrees, but between some time in May and some time in August, it might be the easiest and best choice that most North Americans can get to.

It's also a naturally very beautiful place. If you can find camping or hiking areas they might be wonderful in the summer: It will be very cloudy in the winter time and much of the spring and fall.

https://www.google.com/search?q=wea...69i57j69i64.9198j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Within this zone, there are various levels of radio frequency restriction, with towns and anything near a road being worse, and the areas away from towns being better.

The scientists will probably tell you if they are also transmitting, and they may also be able to give you some good suggestions on which type of cars emit less RF.

This image shows a sign that allows only diesels.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unite...ile:Warning_signs_at_NRAO_zone_1_entrance.jpg

The right diesel is probably your best choice for a low EMF producing vehicle. All older diesels would be fairly low EMF vehicles and only some new ones would have low emissions.

6. caroline

caroline Moderator

thanks Brent for all the info.

Sean Waters and ScottishEmma like this.
  7. ScottishEmma

ScottishEmma Silver

YES to this! My husband said yesterday he always had in his mind we'd live in a beautiful old house in Scotland but that's not longer the dream...

Sean Waters likes this.
  8. caroline

caroline Moderator

honestly Emma - rent a camper and take the kids to the beach and or the bush ....show them the milky way! Let them play naked.

Can your hubs work from anywhere? Could you rent or even buy a fifth wheeler and just travel?

Do you know the woman - Irena Macri? she has done a couple of fantastic recipe books - paleo. She currently lives in England - but they have travelled all over Europe in a camper van of some sort. We often hear of people going to Europe and buying a camper and travelling around in it for a year or two and then selling it for what they paid for it.

We have one we just bought and love - but may sell it for something different. We will be able to sell it for more than what we paid for it.

I can't remember - do you home school your kids?

9. caroline

caroline Moderator

I forgot to say ....I used to be a four star luxury hotel girl, designer clothes, cashmere sweaters etc. etc. - lol

now a pair of shorts and a tank top does me just fine. I love being parked next to the ocean in a national park. No lights, drop toilets, outdoor cold water shower ....you get the picture!

get to know Irena - she seems so lovely.....keep me posted!

Mayuri and Earth Monkey like this.
  10. drezy

drezy New Member

Yeah you still seem to be a little high maintenance @caroline ...

Mayuri and ScottishEmma like this.
  11. caroline

caroline Moderator

if you only knew Dan!

Mayuri and drezy like this.
  12. ScottishEmma

ScottishEmma Silver

Yeah, we're going the homeschooling route. Yes, my husband can work from anywhere but here's the kicker - he needs full internet and mobile phone signal wherever we go.

Plus, you know, I LOVE my children but the prospect of the four of us in such close proximity would probably end up with me throttling everyone - esp around day 23 of my cycle :)

It's a wonderful idea in principal that I'm totally on board with. We'd just need a camper van each! :) Plus my husband is all about the luxury hotels!!

caroline likes this.
  13. brent-next

brent-next Gold

Some of you, especially Europeans and Canadians, should consider spending more time in Cuba.

The apparently have the best control of mosquitoes of any place in the Carribean.

https://www.nature.com/news/mosquit...how-cuba-kept-zika-at-bay-for-so-long-1.20429

https://www.statnews.com/2016/11/08/zika-in-cuba/

While no one is in love with the chemical sprays they are using, they are better than getting evil mosquito borne diseases.

I haven't been there so I can't report on it personally, but it looks like it has a lot to offer. United States citizens still have travel restrictions on going to Cuba, but US citizens apparently can legally go to Cuba now if they do the right paperwork.

My guess is that there is less wi-fi etc in Cuba, than in most other countries. But that's just a guess.

Phosphene and Sean Waters like this.
  14. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I'm headed there tomorrow.

Phosphene and Sean Waters like this.
  15. caroline

caroline Moderator

Have a great trip .....can't wait to hear what you think about Cuba

Sean Waters likes this.
  16. Sean Waters

Sean Waters New Member

This place crossed my mind as a place to move to... but I brushed it aside because I assumed/imagined it would be difficult to actually emigrate and live there. Not sure why I thought that, I think I still associate it as a communist country and that becoming a resident there would be difficult. But that's probably a massively incorrect assumption... I'm glad you pointed it out too, because my Mother visited there recently, she said she felt really really good in Cuba, and when she got back to the UK she was ill for 3 weeks... must have been the bombardment of Wifi and EMF after a week of almost nothing.

I'm going to start researching Cuba...

ScottishEmma, Phosphene and caroline like this.
  17. caroline

caroline Moderator

What about some of the other Caribbean islands? Nevis comes to mind - but it has been years since I have been to the Caribbean.

Sean Waters likes this.
  18. Sean Waters

Sean Waters New Member

Yeah it's probably worth researching that whole region...

ScottishEmma likes this.
  19. brent-next

brent-next Gold

After two months here in Costa Rica (late June to late August) I definitely can say that many places in the USA would have been a Lot better than Costa Rica now. Definitely don't come to Costa Rica in the rainy season. UV disappears on most days about noon with rain and thunderstorms all afternoon most days.

I didn't go to any of them, mostly because I have a Ukrainian girlfriend who can't easily get a USA visa.

Here are locations that I would consider in the USA.

1. Somewhere close to the Green Bank radio telescope in West Virginia for the mid May to mid August time frame. This location probably has the lowest amount of non-native EMF of any easy to reach, nice place in the world.

Plan on spending as much time outdoors in your tan through swimsuit as you can.

2. The Florida Keys, any time that a hurricane is not blowing. It's a long string of small islands and some probably have much less non native EMF than Key West which probably has much lower non native EMF than say Miami. The sunshine is intense and it's good almost all day sun.

Hopefully someone with more experience than I have in the Keys can comment on which ones (or what times of the year) might be good for mitochondriacs.

3. Some places in the US Virgin Islands. Beware of locations with mosquito problems. I've never been there, but I hear good things about St. Thomas.

4. Some places in Hawaii that are very sunny, notably Maui.

seanb4 likes this.
  20. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator