1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

We need a "Migraine RX"!

Discussion in 'Meet and Greet' started by Cpt.Tired, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Penny

Penny New Member

Cpt.Tired likes this.
  2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

We are what we eat eats.......and all foods come from light..............don't forget that

Penny and Cpt.Tired like this.
  3. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

DHA + COLD Is essential to kill a migraine. for me Cold just numbs the pain. doesn't deal with the sensitivity to sound, light, smells. Raw Oysters nail that every time. Other forms of DHA aren't as effective but still help. for me its gotta be Raw Oysters + Cold.

I've had a magnetico (20G) for over 2 yrs. Love that thing. Hate sleeping w/o it. I've had no issues with "detox" on it.

Josie Thomson and Cpt.Tired like this.
  4. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

...and only seafood eat a natural diet when it comes to anything at the grocery store. Shellfish would have been an easy meal for early man.

5. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

I agree 110% on the cold for headaches.
    Back in my early partying days, when I would wake up with a migraine, I would go to 7-11 and grab a Slurpie. I would sip it fast to induce a "brain freeze headache". Obviously that was painful, but when it dissipated, the headache would be gone! I would be all ready to go drinking again Saturday! (That was a looong time ago..)

But that doesn't work for me anymore. It just lingers.

But my headaches don't feel near as intense as they used to be. I don't wait for them to 'go away' like I used to. I deal with them as soon as I feel symptoms -which usually requires me to leave work, drink a bunch of water, take the Mito. RX (if I have everything) a triptan, a naproxen and then lay down.
    I know my headaches would be much better if I didn't take stimulants, but then I would feel just lifeless and bored. No zest at all.
    For some reason my headaches get much better if I roll my head back, shrug my shoulders up and flex these muscles really hard. If I hold this position, my headache will go away. But it just comes back again when I release. I really don't know why this works. I have wondered if I have a disk pushing against my spinal cord but there are so many other factors as well.

6. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

Good video - MSG is in absolutely EVERYTHING with a bar code

7. Penny

Penny New Member

You know, you might try the following: take a magnesium malate every couple hours - getting in 6-8 per day - and drink a ton of cold water with it - keep eating seafood so eventually you can hold the charge... I'm assuming your calcium is effluxing like crazy from your environment so since you don't seem to be improving in that realm, crowbar it with the mag... the malic acid will help get rid of the aluminum you undoubtedly have - which IMHO screws up your enzymes worse than any SNPs you might have...

If you're eating carbs, that will increase your need for the mag - oh God I'm so stupid - your environment acts like one big carb - which means you need more mag - I would also add chromium -

By stimulants, I'm assuming you mean caffeine - I will just tell you my husband no longer has migraines and all he did was stop drinking pepsi (or 7 a day)... he still has his crappy American diet with other sodas - but not pepsi -

Mag malate is quite cheap and may help you "find your focus" by also removing aluminum - it certainly will help you be less of an antenna... :)

Cpt.Tired likes this.
  8. louise

louise New Member

if you keep telling yourself that you will be lifeless and bored without the stimulants then that's exactly what is gonna happen......change the way you think ......

Cpt.Tired, nicld and nonchalant like this.
  9. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

Great information Penny I never thought about taking magnesium frequently like that- good idea.
    What do you mean by crowbaring with magnesium? Do you mean that the magnesium will push the calcium back into the cells?
    I agree with you but changing the way you think will only take you so far when you are depleted in neurotransmitters indirectly by something else - heavy metals, mold, etc.
    I need to get the right amount of neurotransmitter support so I don't need stimulants.
    I need to restore my endogenous dopamine level.

10. Robert_S

Robert_S New Member

Dopamine? how about specific amino acids? like Tyrosine? or DLPA? They are the precursors to dopamine.

Also might want to check out the DHA/Uridine/Choline thread at longecity. It's over 4 years running. It's interesting.

I'm leery of taking uridine everyday, but when I did take it, I felt pretty damn good. Supposedly up-regulates dopamine and is synergistic with DHA.

Rhodiola is also another herb that would be worth exploring. My understanding is that it's both an MAOI-A and MAOI-B inhibitor. Both of which involve dopamine. I have read this a couple times, but didn't see the study to validate.

Last edited: May 1, 2015
    Cpt.Tired likes this.
  11. Penny

Penny New Member

12. nicld

nicld Gold

13. Penny

Penny New Member

I use magnesium malate and I think Dr. Kruse also uses magnesium malate - I think he takes 6-8 per day - I use mag bound to malic acid to chelate aluminum as I think we are full of aluminum and it kills 2 birds with one stone - plus, malic acid is used in the Krebbs cycle so you might experience an increase in energy with it... I also use mag chloride (mag oil) on my tendons then rinse it off after 15 minutes and I'm a huge fan of soaking in Epsom Salts for the sulfate and mag -

At night I mix a bunch of mag citrate powder with water and just drink it -

Drink tons of water when you use it/take it -

14. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

I've tried the ones you posted. (oh, not the DHA, Uridine, Choline combo)
    They didn't really do anything but I do feel the tyrosine when I take the stimulant. It seems to make it work better, smoother and longer. It doens't 'jolt' my system combined with L-tyrosine, but then it makes my headaches worse :mad:

But do we really need more neurotransmitters? Maybe our redox potential is low. A low voltage will push less electrons across the synapse. That kind of seems like the right direction. Right now I'm detoxing some metals, doing CT in the ocean 1/2 hr a day diving down about 6 ft with goggles (for the pressure as per February webinar) and got a 20 gauss Magnetico. I think the detoxing may be starting to improve a bit.

Still good to know. Options are always good

Thanks Robert

15. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

Mine could be in there too (allergy, mold etc.). I think a lot of this will fix itself when we get our charge up, pay strict attention to circadian rhythms and EMF.

16. Robert_S

Robert_S New Member

That's the interesting part, we're gonna find out. We'll either feel better or not. Although I am definitely doing better than two months ago for sure.

Cpt.Tired likes this.
  17. Gabriel Miller

Gabriel Miller New Member

Penny, I just wanted to thank you sincerely for this post. My wife has been struggling with debilitating migraines the last 10 years and I have been trying my best to figure out what was happening to her, to no avail, until I tried your suggestions!

Our life went from borderline hell (8month breasfeeding child, no sleep, migraines... ugh), to a happy place in a few days. THANK YOU.

The migraines are now way less frequent/powerful and we seem to be able to control them with heavy doses of magnesium malata and magnesium bicarbonate + some of the supplements you mentioned -

p5p (1 a day)
    25mg zinc gluconate (1 a day)
    2-4pills 1500mg mag malate per day
    magnesuim bicarboate mixed in throughout the day,.
    cod liver oil, 2Ts day
    home made sourkraut all week
    lowering extra glutamate foods (soy sauce, dried shitake, fish sauce,etc)
    CT soon.

I've also started implementing Kruse's ideas as heavily as is doable. We currently have a 8month son, my wife is breastfeeding, and we live in central Los Angeles. 5G/wifi signals are everywhere.

I'm wondering if you had a minute to recommend any other steps she could take?

I am ordering hydroxy b12, pantethine and molybdenum now.

Little background:
    My wife has struggled with poor health the last 10 years, been stuck in a blue light room designing in front of a computer. She developed psoriasis,
    debilitating migraines (she would take exedrin for years). She HATES cold water and has never been able to participate in sports due to scoliosis. She was also stuffed with grains and dairy as a kid and developed ear infections and was pumped full of antibiotics throughout her childhood. Joy.

Now she eats a home made paleo diet (4+) years - evolving to epi-paleo the last 2months, and her health is improving heavily. But the migraines have persisted, so here I am, looking for the next step beyond the food... I've switched all the lightbulbs to red incadencent, installed Iris on the computers and we got our Uvex glasses. Oysters were found fresh at Lax-C downtown LA... And we're considering moving closer to the ocean if we can afford it.

My wife is off Irish decent, red hair, fair skin with frekles. Her redox is without a doubt, probably quite poor... but improving.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Gabriel + Amanda
    LA,

18. Penny

Penny New Member

Wow - this is such an old post:) Glad it helped:) The scoliosis is because of the calcium efflux from the wifi - I hate to break it to you, but... you should move... I mean, no amount of supplements are going to put calcium back in the bone if the wifi is constantly ejecting it... and your baby is not mylinated - he is suffering the worst - honestly, get out in the sun - it's a natural calcium channel blocker - oysters are a great move - lots of zinc - I have to go because honey has to go back to work - but I will ping you later:)

John Schumacher likes this.
  19. Gabriel Miller

Gabriel Miller New Member

Thanks for the tips! Well up the zinc to 50mg citrate... Already about to wire the WiFi but Neigbbours are more tricky. yes, out of the city at some point we hope.

We’ve tripled the sun consumption lately, that’s an easy one !

To clarify, she developed scoliosis when she was young, she’s 33 now, and it isn’t a major problem now but she kept her from childhood sports - except swimming. She has an S curve to her back.... think it’s there for life.

I’ve been trying to search the forum, but I can’t find/understand the true cause of her magnesium deficiency - assuming that’s the migraine trigger? Poor gut function? Auto immune problem? Low redox?

lack of CT? She hates cold, so that’s a sign...

can I ask what the molybdenum and panthatene will do?

do you see any other solution this problem other then heavy supplementation, or moving to the beach?

Thanks for any help,

now back to trying to get her into this cold pool!

All the best

Gabe

20. Penny

Penny New Member

You might want to add salt - eat a little salt before using water to hydrate better - google Jack Kruse Potassium for why - magnesium clings to water and when your mitochondria don't make enough water, there is nothing for magnesium to cling to - and so magnesium atp-ase slows down (the enzyme that makes ATP) so you get dehydrated - Dr. Kruse has spoken in many places about magnesium - there is a Knoll's post in the blogs - you can also add vitamin B1 in whatever form you like - 200 mg once a day and she can chew nicotine gum - if she gets nauseous on the gum, just stick her face in a salad bowl of ice water - even just doing that is enough to increase your redox - anyone can stick their face in ice water... after the shower, just rub epsom salts followed by baking soda all over the body and then chase it with a 30 second cold shower - that one move will halt neuropathy... And don't discount the flicker effect from your immediate lighting - google jack kruse flicker effect - actually now even the lighting manufacturers are talking about the flicker effect - go to incandescant bulbs - yellow, red or even regular incandescent bulbs are better than those energy savers - get iris for the computer and stick it on health mode so the screen is red and there is no flicker - you can also look into Ben Q monitors which have the flicker free effect built right into them - at the very least, get flux for the computer - camping would be a great move and walking on the beach is fantastic - good luck finding parking these days:) And watch the sunrise and sunset and put on some UVEX blue light blockers on Amazon - $8.00 and it'll save your eyes - If she is a stress box, you can try some adaptogens like ashwaghanda - l-serine would be great before bed along with taurine - honestly, it is getting more and more difficult to mitigate the harm that is coming to us - red light therapy is also massive - you can check out rubylux for their light bulbs which work great - try to get an 850 nm infrared light - works great - even sticking ice between the bottom of your head and clavicles would cool down the cerebral spinal fluid which is a fantastic health move - there is a redox rx, and a mitochondria rx - in fact, you can read all the rx's - they are marvelous:) take care:)

BTW, all B vitamins, turmeric (would be a great move for anyone), aspirin emit light - B5 and B12 and turmeric emit it massively...

Jason F, Alex97232 and Sheddie like this.