1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

We need a "Migraine RX"!

Discussion in 'Meet and Greet' started by Cpt.Tired, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

This is an area that I'm sure many people would be interested in since it is so common. From what I have learned so far from Jack, the "Mitochondrial RX" seems to fit good here.
    But man that ubiquinol is expensive! Maybe other people can post what has worked for them, suggestions, etc.
    I know that proper hydration is a HUGE issue. (For me, having to wear a hardhat in the summertime is just ridiculous!)

2. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

The following is my personal Migraine RX. go to whole foods, order a dozen or more blue point oysters, while oysters are being shucked go stick head in freezer. eat oysters outside while grounding.

Also if I'm working from home, I'll get in the CT tank, as well as place icepacks on my head/neck currently waiting for the cryohelmet to get here. that bad boy is going on my nugget daily.

Cpt.Tired likes this.
  3. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Simple: Eat seafood, limit blue light and nnEMF and use CT.

mamadell, Shijin13 and Cpt.Tired like this.
  4. Penny

Penny New Member

Lower the glutamates/sugar/blue light - anything that chews up magnesium - take P5P (turns glutamates into GABA), take zinc so you can make p5p from the sublingual hydroxy-b12 you should also take -
    take k2/d/mag to keep the calcium in the bones where it belongs -
    Avoid excess methyl groups which turn into glutamates -
    I like glycine at night - it uses up excess methyl groups to make TMG and it's great for sleep -
    Epsom salts would be amazing for you - gets rid of toxins, raises glutathione, helps sleep and is a very bioavailable sourse of magnesium -

Go to this page:
    http://www.heartfixer.com/AMRI-Outcomes-Non-CV-Autism-Methyl Cycle.htm#Glutamate – GABA Imbalance Þ Excitotoxicity

And ctl-f (search) for:
    Glutamate – GABA Imbalance Þ Excitotoxicity

Cpt.Tired likes this.
  5. shah78

shah78 Gold

All Western Philosophy is but a footnote to Plato-Alfred North Whitehead ........All one million and a half words (and more to come) of this blog are but footnotes to this one sentence.-Shah 78

Last edited: Apr 20, 2015
    Cpt.Tired likes this.
  6. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

Oysters it is then!
    At first I had a hard time with the raw ones but I learned to shuck them and chase them with some water. You barely taste them that way.
    I've noticed a couple months back that after eating several oysters I would not feel very good. I feel the same after CT.
    Inger told me that they are both probably detox effects. I think she is right. I don't think my liver is in the greatest shape considering many years of partying and drinking while taking an SSRI! (I don't drink anymore- a guaranteed 3 day migraine)
    My stimulant medication is the WORST for headaches. I'm walking on eggshells when I take it! It really seems to help my mood and makes me want to learn everything that is on Jack's site (The good) but makes me lose focus on other important things (Like work, chores, wife etc.) AND gives me migraines if I'm not careful.

My wife says, " You completely idolize this 'Jack Kruse' guy! All you talk about is what you learned today about EMF!" LOL!

Last edited: Apr 21, 2015
    Martin likes this.
  7. nicld

nicld Gold

I had fresh oysters with some sort of balsamic vinegar sauce with them and it was so so so yummy.

Cpt.Tired likes this.
  8. Robert_S

Robert_S New Member

Am totally new here. But I had migraines with aura for a long time (2 decades). Have ZERO migraines now. Haven't had one in 7 years. I was even thoroughly probed when I was a teen for why I'd be having stroke-like symptoms. EEG, CT, etc. Dx = Migraines.

My Solutions (unorthodox & borderline quackery) :

Eliminate dried fruit (sulfites - particularly dried apricots)
    Hydration is huge
    Feverfew herb (when needed)
    CranioSacral Therapy (stopped the migraine instantly during the session on the right parietal release). I know the skull is supposedly 'fused' but I am merely relaying my personal experience here. I am sure a neurosurgeon might dispute this. Perhaps it stretched the fascia enough to free the blood vessel. Who knows.

Of course, if we consider we are electromagnetic beings, then our hands (with or without instruments) could be used to heal. The true basis for 'hand-on healing?".

Those were the keys for me. Good luck.

And yep, I agree PQQ with ubiquinol is crazy expensive. Am going without this month.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2015
    Jude and Cpt.Tired like this.
  9. JMO

JMO Gold

I haven't had a migraine in years either. I think mine may have been attributed to diet soda....I haven't had a soda in prob 10 years...haven't had any migraines or headaches which used to be common. I still have problems with MSG (numbness) so avoid that completely.

Cpt.Tired likes this.
  10. Robert_S

Robert_S New Member

Yeah, seemed like allergic responses were part of the equation. The bad part! Or protective depending on the point of view ;)

Cpt.Tired likes this.
  11. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

Thanks for sharing your experiences. Feverfew helps me to take the edge off as well. Plus getting on it as soon as you feel symptoms is also huge.
    I have also been told that my skull bones are out of place from a blow to the head, which I don't remember. (Probably was drunk or something)lol!

12. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

Thanks for the idea. I'll have to try that.

13. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

Yep - diet soda will do it. (Caffeine and aspartame) It seems that the things that I am 'addicted' to all contribute: chocolate, coffee, or any stimulant.
    Its tough - for me it's either take a chance and feel normal or don't take any stimulants and feel lifeless...
    But this site is going to help me change that!

14. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

Do you find that the oysters make a significant difference or is it just a piece to the puzzle?
    I guess everyone is different.
    Do you have a Magnetico and if so, how has it been treating you?

15. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

Thanks Penny for the great advice! I didn't know that the B6 (P5P) turns glutamates into GABA.
    Interesting that you mention the excess methyl groups - This is what Dr William Walsh says as well in his book "Nutrient Power" mentioning that some people do not tolerate excess methyl groups.
    I think Ben Lynch is stumped on that one because last I saw on his site he said "I'll have to look into this"

http://www.walshinstitute.org/the-book.html

16. Penny

Penny New Member

Taking a mag with excess methyl groups should alleviate the headache one would get with excess methyl groups IMHO -
    molybdenum will help with all your vices: caffeine, xanthines, alchohol and ammonia - and stick cardamom in your coffee - it'll also help clear it -

Cpt.Tired likes this.
  17. Penny

Penny New Member

Aspartate in diet sodas binds to glutamate receptors so you might as well be downing Chinese food... :)

I once had a woman who regularly drank diet sodas have a grand mal seizure in my living room - and good luck googling the down side of aspartate - they hide it from you - so the doctor put her on a seizure med which - I think - binds to or makes it so nothing else can bind to the glutamate receptor - you would think one would be stupid after enough of those pills as you do need glutamates to think... and remember things...

JMO likes this.
  18. cantweight

cantweight Gold

Improve your redox any way you can....it is very much a N=1 venture. I used to have migraines multiple times a week. I made no plans ever because they ruled my life....haven't had one in years :)

Shijin13 and Cpt.Tired like this.
  19. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

Thanks Penny, great advice. I'll definitely start on the molybdenum again since my past research told me that I should take it because of my two CBS snips (both hetero -C699T and A360A).
    I had a bizarre incident a few months back: I was on the computer and the screen caused a headache (as usual). I took a bunch of random stuff and it went away - even with me still on the computer! That was odd.
    I'm pretty sure molybdenum was in that cocktail

20. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

Glad to hear that you have conquered your migraines! So there is hope! It's hard for me to imagine what life would be like without them.