1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Ways to deplete Deuterium

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by shiran, Oct 30, 2017.

1. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

They have. All silver Gold and Platinum members have got emails and there is a private FB group for those who answered questions and are coming.

2. George Papamarkos

George Papamarkos New Member

Yeap. This is one of the most famous sparkling waters in Greece, as it comes with out as it is (sparkling) and it is bottled straight away with no further processing or addition of CO2 as most other sparking waters.
    But all sparkling waters contain CO2. For therapeutic purposes we need water containing molecular H2.
    The most popular ways to create molecular H2 is either via hydrolysis (use electricity to break H2O to gas H2 and O2 ) or through a chemical reaction eg Mg and citric oxide.
    The key here is to achieve high concentration (ppm) of H2 in water in order for it to act therapeutically.

I am looking into it. I will keep you posted @shiran

WillTheHammer and shiran like this.
  3. shiran

shiran Curious

Thanks ,

4. shiran

shiran Curious

Thanks looking forward

5. shiran

shiran Curious

Dose RO create H2?

6. George Papamarkos

George Papamarkos New Member

Nope. There has to be a separate hydrosis stage that will break the H2O to H2 and O2. There are such modules in US - from as far as I know - that combine RO and Hydrolysis, so when you drink the water in the output you get a RO water with diluted H2.

Catalin likes this.
  7. shiran

shiran Curious

So sleep is a huge deuterium depleter...
    And the more the redox the more the deuterium detox ...
    Do you think the focus should with the deuterium issue should be more from the food side or from the redox /sun / sleep etc .. or combinations of both? (N=1)

Last edited: Nov 12, 2017
    Bettan and seanb4 like this.
  8. shiran

shiran Curious

seanb4 likes this.
  9. shiran

shiran Curious

Dose RO water contain a smaller amount of deuterium compared to mineral water, tap water ​

10. Da-mo

Da-mo Gold

So, after a bit of research I have an idea how to seperate out the D2O.

Some advocate partially freezing the water and since D2O supposedly freezes at around 4degC then it will be concentrated in the ice that initially forms. I disagree with this method because they offer no controls on the temperature gradient throughout the body of water and so ice would tend to form at the cold surfaces first even though that might not be where the D2O is necessarily residing.

But I also know that water reaches maximum density at 4degC. Because of this, a pond or lake (no flow) can freeze at the surface where the air temperature is colder and remain liquid at the depths. Convective currents stop at this temperature and so any heat transfer is purely by conduction - hence the still body of water tends to remain liquid at the bottom.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maximum_density

My idea is that to separate D2O from water by freezing out the D2O, we need to apply low temperature underneath the body of still water (rather than on top as in nature and errant methods described above). In this way convective currents will stop when the water reaches maximum density at 4degC thus preventing mixing. Since D2O is around 2x heavier than H2O, theoretically it should all sink to the bottom and then freeze.

How to test the hypothesis?

If the above method is correct, then D2O ice at around 4degC should SINK in H2O liquid at around the same temperature - rather than float as would normally be expected with H2O ice, as per this anecdote . . .

http://www.quirkyscience.com/heavy-water/

If someone tries it before I do then please post back what happened.

seanb4 likes this.
  11. Andrea

Andrea What is NOT on the menu?

Your idea seems more plausible to me. However, the suggested testing may be difficult. Considering "regular" water contains about 150 ppm deuterium, it would take a LOT of water and freezing (in a highly controlled manner) to make a heavy water ice cube...

Lahelada likes this.
  12. Da-mo

Da-mo Gold

I just thought of a way to enhance it while you were replying . . . .

Supposedly the Chinese have found a relatively efficient way to produce large amounts using platinum and hot and cold temperatures but the exact details of the process are vague so far as my brief search has revealed.

However, and just speculating here, what if we consider the nett electrical charge of H2O versus D2O relative to density (since they will be different per unit mass due to the extra neutron) and use another substance (maybe platinum or something else) that has a greater affinity (electrostatically speaking) for one or the other?

13. Da-mo

Da-mo Gold

Probably the best way to go - and it always seems to come back to this - is to find out how nature does it in biology and ask the question that JK more than likely has the answer to already - since nature tends to find the most efficient way.
    https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.p...e-deuterium-depleted-water.20394/#post-227670

seanb4 likes this.
  14. Da-mo

Da-mo Gold

One further idea . . . . apparently the hydrogen bonding angles differ between D2O and H2O by a couple of degrees and the O holds the Ds closer as a result - meaning the width of a molecules is slightly different - hence one might be able to filter based on molecular size. I have no idea if technology is available at those scales yet.

seanb4 likes this.
  15. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Brent Patrick and seanb4 like this.
  16. Da-mo

Da-mo Gold

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sulfur_cycle

I think you might be getting closer to the biological process here with the H2S part of the process above - where H2S is involved in the mammalian dive reflex and possibly the oyster method JK mentioned.

seanb4 and Lahelada like this.
  17. kris90

kris90 New Member

Nice I'm on a well and my water is very sulfuric. Perhaps that's why my health has improved so much since living out here.

18. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Lol, so it works but out of 340t of water you get 1 .
    But in a human system we need the sun. Now I am thinking about the absorption spectrum drezy posted in the other thread.

19. JanSz

JanSz Gold

What do you think about that company?
    @Jack Kruse brought up this company, I assume hi supports what they do.
    --------
    Do you know which water dose this company in the video use?

Footer of video have this link http://www.cignaturehealth.com
    Video came from:
    https://www.cignaturehealth.com/resources-videos/

In their FAQ they comment on Preventa.
    https://www.cignaturehealth.com/pages/resources-faq/

Preventa is prepared in a distillation tower in Budapest, Hungary under strict guidance and certification of the European Medicines Agency. It is the most studied deuterium depleted drinking water (DDW) in the world. It is also the only DDW manufactured under the same strict pharmaceutical guidelines required for medicine. This helps insure that its products are safe, certified and exactly what it says on the bottle.

But they do not give more details on how (their) distillation/fractionation tower works.
    In the video they mention two ways,
    under atmospheric pressure (4% depletion on each step)
    or under vacuum (8% depletion on each step).

In the video
    time 55:34 they use fractionation, multiple distillation to produce their water
    time 1:07 distillation heating/condensation,
    one step reduces by 4%
    under low pressure one step reduces by 8%

upload_2017-11-12_8-4-46.png

45 step tower is need for 25ppm

//

Allin, seanb4, shiran and 1 other person like this.
  20. JanSz

JanSz Gold