1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Ways to deplete Deuterium

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by shiran, Oct 30, 2017.

1. Christine_L

Christine_L Gold Member

Thank you! I'll take that answer. I'll do myself a favor and re-read the CT blogs. Do you find yourself wearing lighter coats in the winter and exposing more skin anyway due to cold adaption from CT? Especially when active outside of course.

cherieanne likes this.
  2. Christine_L

Christine_L Gold Member

Nice one! Yes its liberating take off your clothes in the winter inside. Love it. Also my dog does your winter hack on the regular LOL

Phosphene and kris90 like this.
  3. kris90

kris90 New Member

Yes. I'm the only one not wearing jackets in late fall/early winter. I rolled in the snow last year in my bathing suit. Daughter thought it was hilarious lol... I drive with windows down always. I do what I can to chase the sun. My fav days are the cold, clear sunny days.

4. drezy

drezy Gold

I think this is a very valuable thing you did. She can learn that you all, as a family, don't have to be "normal". It takes some people many trials in life to eventually piece that together.

Your girl is lucky to have you as her dad.

Alex97232, Phosphene, kris90 and 2 others like this.
  5. Sun Disciple

Sun Disciple AKA Paul...That Call Drop'n Canadian

Yesterday I CT'd in the lake 45F. IT was late afternoon and sun was low not behind clouds but my head was getting pelted with snow from above. winds were so strong the water felt like it was dragging me out like a subtle rip tide. An hour later i did interval sprints in shorts no shoes mo shirt on a bike trail while people walked there dogs dressed for the artic. I got some googley eyes from people but I just returned a smile and a wave.

6. drezy

drezy Gold

There's no goddamned prize for "normalest"

7. Christine_L

Christine_L Gold Member

YES chasing the sun is definitely the right phrase. I've been driving with the windows down and blasting the heat :) Today was around 35 degrees in the AM, here I am in my shorts and a hoodie in the cemetery a block away from me. The younger guys always say good morning while the older guys look at me like I'm nuts! But what a gorgeous view it is!

Interesting thing I noticed that makes obvious sense ... As soon as I walk away from my block to the cemetery the temperature drops drastically and the ground is icy crisp. Clearly shows that all our house heating and electricity creates ambient heat in the air and ground.

8. Christine_L

Christine_L Gold Member

Whats positive about their stares and googley eyes is the choice it gives us in the reaction. To stare back, ignore, or smile and wave!

Phosphene likes this.
  9. kris90

kris90 New Member

Pool was 43 F this morning. What an awesome way to start the day! I'll be sad to close the pool in a couple days, but we're getting frost :(

I'm thinking of making a cold tub for this winter.

Christine_L and drezy like this.
  10. Wow. 43 degrees. Impressive. You must really be cold adapted. I just started with doing it since my pool is now finished.
    I've done my first two real days of CT in my pool in am sunlight. 30 mins first day and 45 mins 2nd day. After I got out, I stayed in the sunlight until I dried off.

Two questions:

1. Is it correct to assume (I certainly did) that both UVA and IRA light are still just as strong as being out of the water.
    2. I've been out of the pool now for at least two hours. My legs and buttocks are still feeling very cool if not cold. Is this normal?

SlamSlask and drezy like this.
  11. drezy

drezy Gold

I think setting the habit and being consistent for over 2 weeks is more important than the temperature for now.

1. Disregarding the angle of the light for now, I think it's safe enough to say 90-ish% of UV makes it through. In my book the IR is more importantly being generated inside of you when you are in cooler(than body temp) water.
    2. I've got cool buns myself right now after a lunchtime chill out. Yeah I think the BAT (along with your core) will warm up and the external WAT will stay cool. That cool is kind of extending your CT for free!

12. kris90

kris90 New Member

I've been cold adapted since 2016. Since I am lean, I prefer brief, extreme cold versus longer duration, because it doesn't take much to induce muscular shivering. Keeps me pretty jacked just going in for 10-15 mins per day, and the fat stays off my frame permanently irregardless of diet. I'm in a nice place, and have been for a few years now!

1. I think that's fair. The idea is that you assimilate more light when its cold (increased magnetism). You're a human magnet for sun in and out of the water during/after CT

2. Definitely normal when adapting. I'm quite numb even after 10 mins, but it's crazy how fast I warm up now that I'm adapted. Keep at it and your internal furnace will work better and better with time

13. SlamSlask

SlamSlask Newcomer / Gold Klub

When UV light hits the bonds between Deterium and Oxygen in bulk water UVB-C Light will be released you absorb this with your skin
    The UVB-C light puts the highest amount of pressure on the blood vessels which then puts pressure on the Deterium in your vessel so the same effect happens in your vessel aswell this is how the effect of UV becomes non linear in the skin

Water is an awesome way to increase the effect of UV light in the winter when you have less
    Jacks vermont 2018 talk is all about this - Think he mentioned the pressure on the vessels from UV in QT 5 or 6

14. Is that the primary goal for you - to shiver? I'm not at that point given the weather in Phoenix now, but my pool is cold. Getting a pool thermometer tomorrow to check the water temp. I'm also not in great shape like you so I've got quite a lot of fat to get through. Cold = Magentism. I'm getting there. Just a little slow.

15. JanSz

JanSz Gold

I've got quite a lot of fat to get through.
    =====================================
    Do not sell your fat cheap.
    Make DDW out of it (and get additional bonus for doing it).
    ================

Christine_L likes this.
  16. Can you elaborate?

17. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Drink less water,
    follow what camels do.

18. When I do that, I get edema in my legs. That's not an option for me at this point. Since I've been drinking more water, the edema has gone away.

19. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Edema (or Oedema) is the abnormal accumulation of fluid in certain tissues within the body.

Are you gaining weight when you have edema?

20. Yes, I retain significant water. It accumulates in my legs. Drinking much more water has cleared it up.