1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Ways to deplete Deuterium

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by shiran, Oct 30, 2017.

1. JanSz

JanSz Gold

I did both.
    My breath condensate is tested by Breathy.
    My urine is being tested by Health.

Initially I ordered Cholestertol because at the time I thought that it is what I want.
    Then I got series of e-mail communications and eventually I landed on those two.

/

Last edited: Dec 18, 2017
  2. Earth Monkey

Earth Monkey Photo at a blue party, pre-blueblockers

Thanks Inger :) I was in a rush when I posted that and have since read the comments below the Youtube vid. If you didn't read them you might want to as there were a few variations on the method mentioned, including a link to an article outlining a method where, after you remove the first ice, you continue freezing until the water is frozen then let it melt and drink it (https://medium.com/@didi_sokolova/the-health-benefits-of-frozen-water-64b8c48d1889). According to some it doesn't work but I might try a version of it :)

3. Inger, I am drinking Lauretana for years now, it is an artesian spring water with only 14 ppm TSD. It costs 1,10 €/liter.

But I am confused about deuterium content and TSD. Does the amount of TSD say anything about deuterium content?
    The company told me, the deuterium content of Lauretana was δ² H‰ – VSMOW – 79,2.

4. JanSz

JanSz Gold

The company told me, the deuterium content of Lauretana was δ² H‰ – VSMOW – 79,2.

I will assume that 79,2 comes with negative sign. But double check please.

Describe TSD?

//

5. Inger

Inger Silver

That sound good! :) I know Lauretana, I can get it in the health food store :) I wonder how many ppm -79,2 deuterium means?

The Isbre-Glacial water I got from Norway and has been drinking the last days,
    has only 4 - 6 TDS... wonder about its deuterium content...

6. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

There is a formula one can use to figure it out somewhere on the forum.

7. Inger

Inger Silver

Thanks Jack! I have searched but have not found yet, but I found this;

and that made me think that Lauretana does have less deuterium than Pellegrino, because Pellegrino is -56 which according to above is 147 ppm
    So if Lauretana is -79,2 it must be quite a bit better :) it is a difference of -24,8!
    I need to go and look for where Lauretana is bottled now...lol

8. JanSz

JanSz Gold

143.42 Lauretana

what is TDS?

//

9. Inger

Inger Silver

So I found this;

It says Lauretana comes from the Italian mountains at 4600 m high and it is bottled at 1050 m height from the Lauretana natural spring.

I guess Lauretana is a great water too! Might need to buy some of that too :) :)

10. Inger

Inger Silver

Thanks JanZ :) :)
    TDS is "dry residue", it says on my Isbre water bottle... I guess it is how many minerals it has in it, because the Isbre water has almost none..... all minerals are less that 1 mg/l. Most minerals in it are around 0.2 mg/l so it is really a light water!

11. JanSz

JanSz Gold

12. Inger

Inger Silver

If one freezes that Lauretana water a couple times it might be soon at 130 ppm ;) :)

13. Inger

Inger Silver

Oh man.. too complicated math for me I guess.... :tears: I need a bigger brain :thumbsdown:

14. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Do not even dream about it.

-

15. karenr

karenr Silver

16. Inger

Inger Silver

LOL
    do you think I have to freeze it that many times that there is nothing left in the end, Jan. that is what you are telling me? :confused: :oops:

17. JanSz

JanSz Gold

If you take standard water you need (perfectly working) rectification column with about 30 stages. Each step removes 4% of D)
    If you add to the process significant vacuum, you will need less steps. (each step removes 8% of D).

Unless someone is sick and need commercial DDW the best solution seems to be
    Aquafina from Pepsi. That was tested by CignatureHealth and have
    139.5ppm that equals δX=(-104.4)

http://www.cignaturehealth.com/wp-c...000x_YYYY_MMDD_Samples_Row01_Row04_NameMF.pdf

https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/deuterium-in-foods.20423/page-2#post-228434

That same water is also sold under couple different names.
    I had two of those names (and lost them).
    But look around among the cheapest waters available.
    Unless proven otherwise, it looks like low deuterium content in Aquafina is because among other treatments that water gets, it is RO water.
    So I have hypothesis that all RO waters are as low in deuterium as Aquafina.
    and Jack seems to supports that opinion

One of the members is planning to test his RO.

If that test supports this opinion,
    there will be no sense in spending $$ on expensive fancy waters
    that are full of deuterium.
    Unless one is into collecting fancy bottles.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2017
    Earth Monkey, Jude and shiran like this.
  18. Inger

Inger Silver

Thanks Jan :) you are always straight to the point ;) :)
    I do not think the glacial water is full of deuterium but testing will show for sure! :)
    As I am healthy I have room to play around a little doing biohacks and recording how I feel, and so far I do seem to feel a difference but I need more time to rule out other things I have been changing.... ;)

JanSz likes this.
  19. Sue-UK

Sue-UK New Member

WalterNL and Lahelada like this.
  20. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

It might be useful for product selection/ avoidance according to origin and time. Taking in account the other factors of course,like photosynthesis type and evapotranspiration of the plants. I think ... so far.. Fighting myself through this https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1761995/

WalterNL, Sheddie and Sue-UK like this.