1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

water drinking after CT

Discussion in 'Ask Jack' started by PaleoDentist, Apr 12, 2012.

1. PaleoDentist

PaleoDentist New Member

i was wondering how you came upon drinking ice water after CT. I am curious as the biologic mechanism to the benefit and the impedance of drinking cold water.

2. agatha

agatha New Member

Yes, I don't understand the ice water - I thought we were supposed to be cooling the skin but keeping the core warm?

3. ealachan

ealachan New Member

I believe you're actually supposed to drink it directly BEFORE CT. It helps gets your body into "must keep warm" mode.

4. Melinda

Melinda New Member

In the original protocol, it was drink ice water prior to CT. In the quick start manual, it says drink after. I'm confused too so I drink 8 oz before and 8 oz after, ha, ha.

5. ealachan

ealachan New Member

Worst case, you're well-hydrated! ;)

6. Cron23

Cron23 New Member

I remember him saying he drinks it as he gets in or right before. Basically, convincing your entire body it is in harmony with getting cold.

7. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

It does say after in the quick start guide! That's an error. It's before.

8. PaleoDentist

PaleoDentist New Member

ok I thought it was before, but having read the quick start guide I stared drinking it after.

9. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

We need to raise the temp of the water because of central receptors wiring to hypothalamus.......so it means we burn calories to raise the temp of the water.