1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Water Additive to Remove Flouride?

Discussion in 'The EMF Rx' started by MeghanK, Apr 14, 2013.

1. MeghanK

MeghanK New Member

Is there anything you can add to your Brita/Pur water to get rid of the flouride or reduce it, if you don't have the $$ for Reverse Osmosis?

2. Raiken3712

Raiken3712 Jonathan/Jon

That would be cool if there were. I think the best bet is to get plenty of Iodine through food and perhaps supplementation and I think you should be fine. I'm not certain its that clear cut, but I don't think Fluoride sticks around when there is plenty of Iodine. Dr. Brownstein mentions several times in his book Iodine that Fluoride excretion levels in addition to bromide go up substantially when supplementing Iodine. I'm not sure if that is just Fluoride/Bromide that are being taken it at the same time or if it makes you get rid of the stuff this is already there as well.

My guess is it aids in doing both, but I am not absolutely certain. If someone has some good articles on this or can clarify that would be great. He talks about Iodine being used in all the cells of the body and if that's the case than if there is enough Iodine to replace the Fluoride than I think Iodine might displace all the Fluoride and remove it given enough Iodine and time.

3. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

If I had to drink fluoridated water, I think I would add iodine to it. Not sure if that would do the trick, but it sure wouldn't hurt. I don't plan on drinking fluoridated water ever again.

4. NittDan

NittDan New Member

My local Whole Foods has a RO machine that also employs ultraviolet and multiple filtering steps. I refill my gallon jugs for 35 cents each, which is pretty reasonable to me.

5. MeghanK

MeghanK New Member

OOOOooo.... I"ll have to ask my Whole Foods...... and my Iodoral is on the way....
    I drink A LOT of black and green tea and usually use the water from my PUR filter... is this worse since there is flouride supposedly in teas?