1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Warmup Time?

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by meyoolia@gmail.com, Mar 15, 2012.

1. agatha

agatha New Member

Yes, if you artifically warm the periphery whilst warming up it will pull blood away from the core and you will feel very very very cold. I have found this, even holding a hot drink after CT. Naked is definitely better.

There is a fabulous article linked by KiwiLauren on page 2 of the What body parts are you prioritising thread. (sorry don't know how to paste it here) - it mentions that the UCP1 (which warms us up in non shivering thermogenesis) takes a few weeks to be produced in quantity so we need to give ourselves a few weeks to adapt before the shivering will lessen. I think this is probably what Jack means by the pilot light switching on. Presumably we need to allow ourselves to shiver a little as this will then tell the body that our current levels of BAT/UCP1 are insufficient for the environment and it needs to generate more.

2. MonteD

MonteD New Member

I thought we were aiming to not shiver during the CT sessions? Isn't that a much different form of thermogenesis (muscle contractions). BAT formation occurs above shivering. Just wondering...

3. omlh@todmi.com

omlh@todmi.com New Member

I took bitter melon for the first time yesterday prior to a cold bath. For the first time yesterday, I felt initially very cold (although not as cold as normal), and then almost burning hot in the bath. My warm-up time afterwards was much shorter than it has been - fifteen to twenty minutes as opposed to a couple of hours. But I would say that the shivering involved was much more intense, even though it was for a shorter time. Very strange feeling, and wondering what today will bring.

4. vwaggs

vwaggs New Member

I also agree with less clothes after CT! I keep really busy after and I warm up super fast and only shiver for 5 min with a t-shirt and shorts. When I put on tons of clothes and got under the covers, it took me hours to warm up. A few (3 sets of 10) pushups help warm up the "inside" while my skin stays comfortably cold which I think is the goal. Plus when I had detox symptoms (rash, cough, and sinus junk) it was super hard to CT and to warm up. Much easier now that the detox is over. Did that happen to anyone else?

5. Destiny

Destiny New Member

Do you wear a hat? It really helped me with the cold upon entering the water. I also had another small towel around my neck. Later, I just took them off.

6. vwaggs

vwaggs New Member

I detoxed for 3 solid weeks and it took about 3 weeks before I started even detoxing. Baths were very painful during that time and my appetite which was nothing the first 3 weeks, increased during the detox. I took it a bit slower with the baths when I felt horrible. I stay in the bath for 25-30 min every other day. Temp started around 50-55 in March and is now up to 60-63 even with tons of ice. I also use ice under a compression garment to get the skin temp down to 50-55. I use the ice on my butt, thighs and back. Even though I haven't lost much weight (I am close to goal after doing hCG) the cellulite is going away which is very exciting. So now 7-8 weeks in, things are getting easier as the detox symptoms are almost gone. I shiver for the first 3 minutes in and last 3 minutes before I get out. (I do shiver a little in between there but nothing like the first few baths).

7. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

Cellulite going away? Hmmm, I sure hope this works over time for me. I did just lose a little weight but I haven't noticed cellulite budging. I don't have weight to lost but I do want to swap muscle pounds for fat pounds - you know, bad body comp, skinny fat!

8. vwaggs

vwaggs New Member

Yes I do but only for 5 min. or so and then I am fine. I still feel cold for awhile but not uncomfortable. I used to shiver for hours after. My back starts to heat up about 15-30 min. after and it feels great!