1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Waldorf Education

Discussion in 'Feedback/Suggestions' started by Billybats, Dec 26, 2018.

1. Billybats

Billybats New Member

Hello everyone

I wasn't sure where to post this.

Can you all give me more understanding of his teaching.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waldorf_education

It sounds good but I want to know if his teachings are Christian not anti Christ.

Thank you for your help ahead.
    Susan

2. Billybats

Billybats New Member

I think I found the answer. I kept on reading which I should have done before asking. .lol. Found this:

Waldorf schools were historically "Christian based and theistically oriented",[60] as they expand into different cultural settings they are adapting to "a truly pluralistic spirituality".[38]:146 Waldorf theories and practices are often modified from their European and Christian roots to meet the historical and cultural traditions of the local community.

I am really liking this Waldorf Education practice. I still would like some feedback.

3. Anne V

Anne V Silver

Look up Rudolf Steiner. you will get all your answers

4. Billybats

Billybats New Member

Okay. Thank you.

5. JoeBranca

JoeBranca Silver

Our daughter is in a Waldorf program, knowing that Steiner had connections with Theosophical society / Thule society I don't readily accept his mystical reasoning for various aspects of what became the Waldorf system. The main priorities for us are the nature centric approach, hands on creativity, more thoughtful and relevant approach to 'academics' for younger kids, the social dynamics, seasonal awareness etc. The esoteric spiritualism underpinning Steiner's ideas are not my cup of tea as a Christian, but neither are they dogmatically expounded in the Waldorf curriculum.

Lahelada, drezy and Inger like this.
  6. Aimée

Aimée New Member

I went to a Waldorf school- it was not religious or Christian at all. A little on the spiritual side, but in a mindful/loving kind of way. What Joe said above rings true... Nature-centric. Deep thinking. I highly recommend pursuing a Waldorf education :)

LieselK likes this.
  7. Billybats

Billybats New Member

Thank you. Not many schools around here and the one that is close isn't hiring at the moment.

8. LieselK

LieselK Titanium Member

2 of my 3 kiddos are in a new waldorf sytle charter school here. We love it. So much more time outside, fits with our beliefs about nature and our place in it, the kids are doing so much more hands-on brain work (like knitting for instance) and they come home so much more refreshed than traditional public school. They don't do any tech until 6th grade and only minimally then. I just attended a parenting class by the Parent Education Director from the local private waldorf school and it was excellent. We are also Christians and it also fits right in with our beliefs about how God created this world and our place in it.

Christine_L and Billybats like this.