1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Waking up in the middle of the night

Discussion in 'Ask Jack' started by Sajid Mahmood, Oct 4, 2017.

1. Sajid Mahmood

Sajid Mahmood Administrator

Hi Jack,

When asleep, I always wake up in the middle of the night after like 4 or 5 hours of sleep. It takes me a couple hours to get back to sleep. How do I sleep consistently for 7 or 8 hours without waking up in the middle of the night?

By the way, I have no wifi a night, keep the lights low at night. I wear my DEWALT DW0714 after sunset.

Thank You

2. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Try to use tryptophan, either before getting to sleep or when you wake up at night.

500-1000mg

It will not prevent waking ups but should help falling back to sleep.

seanb4 likes this.
  3. Sajid Mahmood

4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Waking up then tells me something is stimulating your SNS and that points to your environment at night.

Danny likes this.
  5. Danny

Danny New Member

Do you have a way to measure nnEMF in your environment?

6. Sajid Mahmood

Not yet, looking to buy a Cornet ED88T. Will a magnetico help?

Brent Patrick likes this.
  7. Sajid Mahmood

Does the magnetico act as a faraday cage?

8. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

No........but it can help but your specific issues would be more wise to save the money to move. A Pakastani at a high latitude is a recipe for mitochondrial disaster.

9. Emma Sabin

Emma Sabin Gold

Talking of waking up in the middle of the night, I occasionally do with itchy feet. It used to be more but lessened and its started again. What is this Jack? I vaguely remember that it might be my thyroid..?

10. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

That sounds more like a histamine issue locally........get your feet on the ground and in the sun. I had this once in Nashville late in the autumn and I was convinced it was from declining sunlight and not grounding enough. Now I hardly wear shoes and when I do they are always leather soles sockless or with cotton socks.

11. Emma Sabin

Emma Sabin Gold

Great thanks Dr K - Jack, what do I call you?
    More of the same then