1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Waking Up Before Sunrise

Discussion in 'Adrenal Rx and Leaky Gut Rx' started by AdamF, Mar 31, 2018.

1. AdamF

AdamF New Member

Jack,

Do you have thoughts on the best general principles to follow when voluntarily waking up before sunrise for a person w/ no acute or chronic Neolithic diseases?

i.e. red light only (?), CT immediately upon waking (?), etc...

I guess the real response is probably something along the lines of "high quantum yield environment present no need for such things, so if you're in a low quantum yield environment, then move to a high one"

Last edited: Apr 5, 2018
    Brent Patrick and Da-mo like this.
  2. JanSz

JanSz Gold

3. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Overall, I think, that it is better to finish complete sleep cycle and wake up naturally without alarm clocks.
    Starting next sleep cycle that must be interrupted by alarm clock do not seem wise.

4. drezy

drezy Gold

How long before sunrise are you waking?

5. kris90

kris90 New Member

I'm always up before sunrise, except summer when I wake up with it.

I just do CT right away, red lights only, and blue blockers when exposed to headlights and streetlamps on the road.

drezy likes this.
  6. drezy

drezy Gold

I continue tinkering with my routine about every 3 months. I'm doing morning CT and still throw in an evening CT here and there.

The only rule I seem to remember that I may be bending is the "fatty meal before CT" unless I'm not remembering that correctly. Doing the cold in the morning seems to supercharge my productivity.

Have you found any upsides to morning CT?

7. kris90

kris90 New Member

I think if you are quite lean, the fatty meal before CT will help keep you warmer due to the effects of mitochondrial uncoupling when you eat a high fat meal. I think if you are fasted you may have a lower tolerance to the cold due to down-regulation of the metabolism, especially if you are already lean. To me, being lean and doing fasted CT is just badass. It's learning to love the cold. It's never "fun" per se, but addictive in some weird way. Last night I was feeling quite cold before bed, and needed to shower. I thought maybe I would take my first hot shower in years, and then when I went to go in, I couldn't. Just could not abandon my CT. I am seriously a slave to it.

First thing in the morning is probably the best wakeup aside from sunlight. I think it probably does something similar: definitely a cortisol boost (like blue light from AM sun) and then red light being released from our fat. CT before bed = amazing sleep.

The way I see it is that if we are lean, and not basking in the sun, we should feel cold period. When we do not have an external energy source to tap into (i.e. sun) we have to tap into the energy stored within us. It's somewhat uncomfortable, but the animals don't seem to complain.

Alex97232, SlamSlask and drezy like this.