1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

waking between 1:30am 2:30 am no sleep after

Discussion in 'Adrenal Rx and Leaky Gut Rx' started by freshveggies, May 2, 2012.

1. freshveggies

freshveggies Silver

HI, I have been consitently waking between 1:30 & 2:30 am and not going back to sleep. Any ideas? I am beat and I can't fall asleep during the day either. Is this adrenal problems.? I am taking glandulars and working my way up to more. I have a reverse T3 problem and started T3 in a small dose. Could it have anything to do with diet? I eat the norm, veggies, protein and fats and some nuts.

2. finnite@dccnet.com

finnite@dccnet.com New Member

waking between 2-4 is a classic AF sign, can be from high or low cortisol so you have to test with a 4x salivary cortisol test

3. shilohman

shilohman New Member

Are you doing CT? Dr K states that CT is very effective at destroying rT3. I use to have the same problem with waking up around 3:00 am and not going back to sleep. Doing CT in the evening helped, but what really did it for me was turning down the lights

after sundown and wearing the blue blocker glasses.

4. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

+1 on the salivary cortisol test. You may have high cortisol at night, and low cortisol in the morning, opposite of what it should be. Have you tried the Leptin Reset protocol?

5. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

I was able to fix this with Pregnenolone, DHEA, Phophatidylserine (PM), mag, and LOTS of CT. Don't even wake up to use the bathroom any longer (do have to stop the fluids a couple of hours before bed). My heart used to go crazy as well during this waking.

Unfortunately, it fixed it a bit too well for me... now Dr K told me I sleep too much.... CT puts me out now no matter what time of day.

6. freshveggies

freshveggies Silver

Did 4x cortisol test. Not too bad. I am on PS at night. I am taking adrenal supps, CT, DHEA, and turning down the lights Sounds like I am doing what I can do. Just having a hard time. Thanks for the replies

7. I concur with Colleen about AF. You may want to do the 6x salivary test. It costs a little more but some feel the extra info helps. But you'll have to wake up around 3am to spit!

I used to wake at 2-3am and after mucho CTing, 6 weeks daily, I finally started sleeping through the night!

8. freshveggies

freshveggies Silver

It is great to hear the progress. There might be light at the end of the tunnel for me.

9. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

This can also be a sign your liver needs Detox support... several weeks ago I suddenly started waking btwn 1-3 and my adrenal issues are fixed. I was also having tightness in my upper back, and pain under my shoulder - key signs of a sluggish liver.. once I got the liver detox support on board I started sleeping well again...

10. freshveggies

freshveggies Silver

Thanks. Glad I am doing liver support. I just need something to kick in and see a difference.

11. chasee33

chasee33 Silver

One thing you might consider along with being really strict with your light cycle exposure is finding another form of PS to take. It sounds to me like glandular's are going to be missing the mark because I think your cortisol rhythm is off. PS will help with your rhythm, but you need large amounts that can't really be obtained with capsules. The only alternatives I know of are a cream from Apex called adrenacalm and a powder from Designs for Health.

12. Guest

Guest Guest

What measures did you take or do to detox your liver?

13. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

14. finnite@dccnet.com

finnite@dccnet.com New Member

Thanks Shijin

15. freshveggies

freshveggies Silver

I used to take adrenacalm. I am taking DFH soy free option. 6 capsules, but I am looking to changing to the powder as it is eaiser to swallow. I have to drink too much water to get the capsules down. I openend them up and dumped them in my mouth last night.

16. Destiny

Destiny New Member

I have been using PS and CT for my high night cortisol as well. I could not use pregnenolone and DHEA since my DHEAs was high when I got tested.

I still wake up around 2 AM but go back to sleep pretty quick without the awful palpitations.

17. PaleoCowgirl

PaleoCowgirl New Member

I, too, wake up around that time each night. My doc told me yesterday I should eat protein before bed, but obviously, that doesn't follow the guidelines ala Kruse. Thoughts?

18. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Try the liver detox - see if it helps... if it doesn't continue working on the circadian rhythm

what adreanal support supplements are you taking???

19. PaleoCowgirl

PaleoCowgirl New Member

Thanks, I just ordered the glasses last night after constantly fighting with my hubby in the evenings to keep the lights off! I've been drinking a liver detox tea and taking Wilson's Adrenal Rebuilder.

20. hazyjane

hazyjane New Member