1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Vitamin E and OxLDL

Discussion in 'Heal Your Hormones' started by CoolSwede, Mar 8, 2017.

1. CoolSwede

CoolSwede New Member

Attached to my latest labs, there was a lab suggestion of high dose Vit E and betacarotenes in order to reduce my sky high OxLDL.

In this post @Jack Kruse says that exogenous Vit E should be avoided. which vit E supplement is based on olive oil

Is vitamin E a friend or foe in my case?

(Of course I would like to find out which gear in my mitochondrial engine that is faulty instead of supplementing...)

Martha Ray likes this.
  2. CoolSwede

CoolSwede New Member

Ok, so here I am almost one year later, asking the same question since my latest labs once again came back sky high after a trend of decreasing values. 2095 ug/l in a reference range of 20-170 makes me uneasy, to say the least...

All conventional wisdom says "throw in antioxidants" so it is tempting to biohack Vit E and betacarotenes. But at the same time, it feels like hoping a fuel additive in a Ferrari (or rather Volvo) tank would magically fix a blown piston...

Martha Ray likes this.
  3. Martha Ray

Martha Ray Martha Ray

Agree about focus on mitochondria. Seems like more of a root cause focus to me too.

Re: Supplements
    Your 2018 comments bring up my own questions about Vit E and the pro and con information out today just past 2020 about antioxidants (Ronda Patrick PhD).
    I found this You Tube video, I like Dr. Jay Davidson but a m not sure about these conclusions.
    Do Not Supplement with Vitamin E - Genetics Genomics - Dr. Jay Davidson

Here is another online article 2005 I found https://www.geneticlifehacks.com/vitamin-e-genetics-and-inflammation/ I am also sure the form of Vit E matters, quality and perhaps there are other environmental or nutrient co-factors that are still unknown.

I would like to get away from taking synthetic supplements and I prefer 100% food and herbal supplements, but at this time I do take a lot of all types of supplements and have felt good results with a number of them.

Wondering if you have learned more about Vit E?