1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Vitamin D levels are a proxy for redox Rx.........

Discussion in 'Redox Rx' started by Jack Kruse, Aug 3, 2019.

1. JanSz

JanSz Gold

upload_2019-8-17_8-12-35.png

CarolandNick likes this.
  2. Nrelax11

Nrelax11 New Member

drezy likes this.
  3. drezy

drezy Gold

4. Dave Key

Dave Key E-sick

we (Corey Nelson and I) ran into a pig last night at sunset as she was crossing the street, and she followed us for a while...one of those little things that keeps Mexico interesting

Attached Files:

5. Dave Key

Dave Key E-sick

I can tell calcium buildup is an issue with me. Even after a teeth cleaning my teeth build plaque right away.
    At the moment I'm trying to source vitamin K2, M4 and M7 to mitigate this calcium problem (and hack the environmental cause of the calcium issue too)

6. Anne V

Anne V Gold

look up life extension super k with advanced k2 complex contains k1, k2 as M4, k2 as M7.

when in the sun open your mouth.

Phosphene likes this.
  7. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

8. Dave Key

Dave Key E-sick

Thanks for this great article on vitamin D
    From the the article"
    A large percentage of human vitamin D requirements are provided via sun exposure [14] (at latitudes with adequate UVB exposure) which acts through stimulating the conversion of 7-dehydrocholesterol into D3 in the skin [15]. Lifestyle patterns and environments that do not facilitate adequate sun exposure (indoor occupation, “screen time” and active sun avoidance) predispose to inadequate vitamin D synthesis and status. Such populations are therefore reliant on dietary or supplemental sources of vitamin D; a factor that may be playing a role in the current allergy epidemic [16,17].
    The global rise in adult and childhood obesity [18] may also be linked to lower serum 25(OH)D."

Phosphene and Marko Pollo like this.
  9. Nrelax11

Nrelax11 New Member

Do you know how vitamin D supplementation or low vitamin D plays a role in the allergy epidemic? Very curious about that.

10. Dave Key

Dave Key E-sick

I think the report I quoted that Dr. Kruse posted covers it pretty well.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3277098/

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
  11. Dave Key

Dave Key E-sick

This is an ID pic of me after a year in Portland, OR.
    I weighed the most in my life, a 217 pound fatass with extremely low vitamin D low testosterone, and high as hell blood pressure.

I went to a dental school in Portland and they refused to work on me until my blood pressure came down.
    Now, my blood pressure is very good 112/71 and I weigh 162 pounds

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
    Phosphene, Anne V, Jude and 1 other person like this.
  12. Nrelax11

Nrelax11 New Member

Dave Key likes this.
  13. Ronald Waters

Ronald Waters New Member

Interesting, so did this help with cramping or your potassium levels?
    Sometimes on nights after CT I will get some cramping in the sides of my lower legs. I supplement some with a potassium magnesium and it seems to take care of it but I would prefer to stay away from the supplements when possible.

14. Dave Key

Dave Key E-sick

I haven't done labs in a while but cramping legs tell me what I need.
    Boiling peels gives you a tea full of natural potassium, seems to be helping
    Dr Jack told me to avoid fructose (fatty liver thread) so I have to be creative

Last edited: Sep 8, 2019
  15. Ronald Waters

Ronald Waters New Member

I will give it a try. Thanks

Dave Key likes this.
  16. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Magnesium, RBC TEST: 080283, CPT: 83735
    Labcorp - 202314 Potassium, RBC

17. Ronald Waters

Ronald Waters New Member

Good thought JanSz,. I wanted to check my vitamin d level again before winter so I just might add another test or 2.

18. Ronald Waters

Ronald Waters New Member

I grew up feeding pigs and I would agree it unlikely that a pig would/could live on only grass. Pigs can and will eat almost anything but most pigs are eating corn mixed with soy protein. That's still vegetarian diet right?
    To me the issue with pork ( and other meats too) is antibiotic use, and GMO corn.

19. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Cannot help you with antibiotic and GMO.
    But you can check your levels of oleic acid. We need it, pigs have it.
    While doing it, you may want to also check 30+ other interesting items.
    Spectracell.com
    https://www.spectracell.com/order/

upload_2019-9-12_9-48-54.png

20. I believe the corn fed pork has and gives us an unhealthy omega 6/3 ratio. I still eat factory pork but am looking forward to raising some pigs. Pasture pork sells for $12 pound locally. Still hard to find sometimes.