1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Vitamin D levels are a proxy for redox Rx.........

Discussion in 'Redox Rx' started by Jack Kruse, Aug 3, 2019.

1. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

[​IMG]

Anyone with a 25(OH)D around 20ng/ml (EU units) will require around
    https://grassrootshealth.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/chart-serum-level-intake-5-by-3-ngmla-both-charts-single.pdf
    8000 IU cholecalciferol daily. 52 iu vitamin D3 daily for each POUND of bodyweight.
    2000iu daily is fine for someone weighing around 40 pounds so fine for someone about 4 years old.

https://grassrootshealth.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/PTH-serum-D-curve.pdf
    Humans at the bare minimum need to get 25(OH)D up to 50ng/ml 125nmol/l to optimize PTH.

Most people can avoid calcium stones by reducing/eliminating high calcium food sources or making sure they eat natural foods with Vitamin K2 (raw milk cheeses and charcuterie). We can easily increase our citrate intake UP to a limit TO PREVENT CALCIUM AND URIC ACID STONES.

Citrate is an intermediate in the TCA cycle which is the central metabolic pathway for animals, plants, and bacteria. Citrate synthase catalyzes the condensation of oxaloacetate with acetyl CoA to form citrate. Citrate then acts as the substrate for aconitase and is converted into aconitic acid. Aconitase is where metabolic water is recycled and this makes it vulnerable to deuterium kinetics. This is why processed food is dangerous for humans because of its hydrogens have no protection of the photosynthetic pathways to make sure of the fidelity of the isotope of hydrogen around specific carbons. The cycle ends with the regeneration of oxaloacetate in the TCA cycle.

https://kidneystones.uchicago.edu/citrate-to-prevent-stones/
    My choice is to use lemon-lime in my water and use shellfish with high citrate concentrations like Royal Red Gulf Shrimp. You can also use a half teaspoon Magnesium citrate powder is simple to dissolve in 2 liters water and if consumed through the day with food. It usually does not cause diarrhea in my experience. Most people consume less than the magnesium RDA daily so have too much calcium in relation to magnesium. Most people who are Mg deficient have a high BUN/creat ratio's from melanopsin dysfunction dehydration. This implies they also have significant thiamine issues. If we all consumed more thiamine/magnesium we would see fewer people complaining about problems with vitamin D levels because it would support water formation in the matrix and skin to perform the photoisomerization step of LDL to Vitamin D intermediates. Magnesium speeds up the raising of 25(OH)D and reduces the rate of increase over 30ng/ml so protects you from the results of excess calcium.

Attached Files:

Theka, Alex97232, primalmofo and 9 others like this.
  2. This is the type of content I vote for. Stretches my mind but gives me a strategy to improve my actions.

Dave Key, God loves you and JanSz like this.
  3. Dave Key

Dave Key E-sick

this is one of the issues I mentioned to you about living in the tropics and adjusting electrolytes. Drinking plain water all day lowers your minerals so structuring water pH, Mg, K, chilled...is a must.
    You need Mag to make vit. D
    Interestingly, magnesium is the only element with a magnetic nucleus.

Marko Pollo likes this.
  4. Could you please describe how you prepare/filter/mineralize/structure/chill your water.

Dave Key likes this.
  5. JanSz

JanSz Gold

I have an ongoing pleasant experience with potassium, K.

For a number of years I would get muscle cramps, usually when sleeping but not always.
    Most often after too much dancing.
    That eventually was remedied with potassium/magnesium pills.
    I was always wondering why magnesium when my spectracell indicated good magnesium levels.
    Potassium was also ok on tests, (Metabolic Panel (14), but that is always suspect.

I noted that potassium/magnesium pills have very little potassium (99mg).
    Now I am taking much more potassium and my muscles like it.
    Two days ago I got another metabolic panel test, potassium came as usual in mid-range.

Apparently, I am losing potassium.
    Why what to look for???

John Schumacher and Dave Key like this.
  6. Dave Key

Dave Key E-sick

I have glasses in the freezer with an inch of water made with RO water(saves time making cubes)
    I chill the water in a fridge or ice box.
    First I raise pH with ACVinegar and/or baking soda(Al-free)
    Add a dab of MgCl2 and K, squeeze a lime.
    Lately, I've been trying a squirt of liquid chlorophyll sometimes.

In New Orleans, I used a copper pitcher and sat it on my magnetico, sometimes shined IR light into the water as it sat over the magnets.
    Now that I'm settling on Isla Mu. I need to find a source of magnets and Cu pitchers.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2019
    Marko Pollo likes this.
  7. Dave Key

Dave Key E-sick

Could your sodium intake be pushing it down?
    Or drinking too much water?

8. JanSz

JanSz Gold

I guess negative to both.
    I still drink my usual 1.5 - 2 liters/day
    Salt to taste.

9. Jim Laird

Jim Laird Gold

Would adding in some Dark Chocolate help with Mag levels as well ?

Thanks

10. Dave Key

Dave Key E-sick

Thats a tasty experiment I am trying right now, making chocolate at this moment.
    coconut oil
    ghee
    iodized sea salt
    cacao powder
    stevia raw
    cacao nibs for crunch
    a little banana if you want extra flavor

Duane Baumgartner and CjHedberg like this.
  11. digital

digital Gold

Thiamine (tpp) spectra :
    http://www.jbc.org/content/131/2/615.full.pdf

Lahelada and Dave Key like this.
  12. JanSz

JanSz Gold

I am concentrating on a sentences taken from Jack's post above.
    =========
    charcuterie====>>> eat lots of pork,
    pork is cheap, in my local Costco store pork butt and whole sheets of pork bellies, are under $3/pound
    If I go few miles out to Kearny's Mexican area, pork butt is under $0.90 /pound

Magnesium
    ===========================
    I have a ongoing hack with magnessium.
    I am more and more convinced about bodybio.com way of supplementation of a variety of elements.
    In the past, I was low on chromium, that created
    glucose-insulin interaction (per Spectracell testing)
    I was not able to supplement chromium sufficiently using a variety of supplements.

Now, (hopefully until now) I had a problem with muscle cramps (in the bed, during sleep, especially close to wakeup time).
    That is an obvious magnesium/potassium problem.
    Indeed, using this supplements I was able to get relief.
    But that was short-lasting and not really consistent.

It is the third day of me using bodybio's chromium/potassium, with no cramps so far.
    Wish me luck.
    --------------

About their chromium
    I have later found that they use a form that is nowhere else found, or at least not in the supplements that I used.
    So I assume that they must know something that is good to know.

bodybio.com
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07B8WQ3N7/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

upload_2019-8-16_10-10-53.png

Last edited: Aug 16, 2019
  13. Katie Durham

Katie Durham New Member

***Now, (hopefully until now) I had a problem with muscle cramps (in the bed, during sleep, especially close to wakeup time). That is an obvious magnesium/potassium problem.***

My late husband had that issue occasionally in the middle of the night. I treated him homeopathically. Magnesium preparations did very little. Homeopathic copper consistently moved him from screaming pain to snoring within 10 or 15 minutes. (When homeopathy works - when the right remedy is given at the right potency, it's a thing of beauty.) Much faster than any drug not main-lined could have worked. What would have been better would be to fix the problem so it wouldn't recur.

14. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Homeopathic copper

@Katie Durham
    Thanks for responding.

I am still not on the clear, either with my cramps or the levels of the elements.
    Now you have introduced copper. (You have mentioned that previously).

I do testing of magnesium and potassium. Tests look ok.
    Potassium using Complete Blood Count (CBC) test (so not that great)
    Eventually, I will do potassium RBC.

Magnesium using spectracell also good.
    upload_2019-8-16_10-42-31.png

The copper that you have just mentioned looks good too.
    -------
    Also, when I tested Mg & K (the body-bio recommended way), it did not look like I need them, but I took them anyhow.

So there may be something else going, still to be found.

15. Katie Durham

Katie Durham New Member

I didn't recommend taking material dose copper. I said homeopathic copper, not homeopathic magnesium, was my husband's solution. (And I don't recall ever mentioning copper before on this forum.) Homeopathic remedies may help with symptoms caused by the **toxicity** of the material ingredient, and taking copper can imbalance whatever you are consuming for zinc. So you'll need a different reason to take a copper supplement.

Hope you find a solution!

16. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Sorry, I did not mean to put words (copper) in your mouth.
    Thank you for your help.

No, I am not supplementing with copper (other then what comes with food).
    But I do supplement with zinc.

17. Nrelax11

Nrelax11 New Member

Do you think it is still positive to eat pork even if it is not pasture raised. I have access to pasture raised pork, but it is expensive and I have to have a minimum to order it. ( Farmfoodsdotcom)

JanSz likes this.
  18. JanSz

JanSz Gold

What does it mean pasture raised pigs?
    Do they have 100 acres to roam around and eat what they found there?
    Or
    they roam around on 50 acres
    and
    come home to get chow?

19. Nrelax11

Nrelax11 New Member

This is from the site, "The pork is pastured on grass that is only fertilized by the pig manure left there by the hogs. The hogs eat a nutritious all-vegetarian diet (forage and feed)." So I dont know exactly how much land they are on though. Its actually farmfoodsmarketdotcom. I also order from primalpastures, but they don't have as much pork in stock. Maybe i should do grasslandbeef which Jack recommends

20. Dave Key

Dave Key E-sick

I have been boiling banana peels to make a potassium-rich tea