1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Vitamin D levels and COVID

Discussion in 'Optimal Labs' started by Aussie Chris, Jun 1, 2021.

1. Aussie Chris

Aussie Chris New Member

Hi All,

I know this is well known, but nice to see it consistently validated.

Recent (30 May) article in The Hindu (Indian media) discussing a recent study, published in Nature, on the impact of vitamin D levels on COVID infection:

https://www.thehindu.com/news/citie...ovid-infection-nims-study/article34684271.ece

"Dr. Maheshwar also observed that less than 5% of people contracted the COVID-19 if the Vitamin D level was more than 55 ng/ml in them. The mortality of COVID patients is almost zero if Vitamin D level was 60 ng/ml and it is very high if the levels are less than 30 ng/ml." (emphasis mine).

Here is a link to the study at www.nature.com:

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-021-90189-4

GavinH, Seth Nelson and JanSz like this.
  2. Seth Nelson

Seth Nelson New Member

I would like to know more about this too. On a recent interview, on YouTube I think, Dr. Kruse said something to the effect that “if your Vitamin D levels are above 60 ng/ml, you could kiss COVID and still not get it.”

Was that hyperbole? My wife and I both have VitD levels over 80 (mine’s over 100, without pill supplementation), so I’m curious. I wonder how to confirm his claim. I suppose it would only take one case to disprove it. I imagine that has been done; I’m just not aware. Are D levels routinely tested among COVID cases?

3. DrEttinger

DrEttinger Choice, the only thing we control

Observational report: I treat 75 patients per week with no mask. My office has never changed its schedule since COVID. I have traveled outside the States twice and in the states 4x, all flying. I have been exposed to active COVID and newly vaccinated patients. I have not had a sniffle. My Vitamin D is always between 47 (Winter)-90 (Summer) from Surfing. I also Take NAC w/selenium, which I have for 25+ years. Also, none of my patients taking one or more of NAC, zinc, vitamin D, vitamin C, quercetin, and colostrum contracted COVID, where non-supplemented family members did.