1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Vitamin D level over 100

Discussion in 'Ask Jack' started by Destiny, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Destiny

Destiny New Member

Dr. Kruse,

My vitamin D level is 114 which I achieved too easily considering that I am light skinned, blond and was avoiding sun. I have been paleo only for over 6 months so not sure that the diet would make a really big difference. My digestion is not great either - no gallbladder. Could this be indication of something wrong with me?

Should I continue supplementing? How much of Vitamin D do you take daily?

2. Dextery

Dextery New Member

Continue to supplement with 5000IU D3. Toxcity does not happen until one reaches 250ng/ml. Recheck your D3 level in 6 months. You are only 14 points over what Dr K wants to see....so not big deal. If you were supplementing at 5000IU/day you can back it down somewhat...but I would rather have more D3 circulating in my blood than less.

With a good level like you have, I suspect that you will start to see tanning in the sun without a burn. And with CT you may find your body color will darken somewhat...especially your face that is exposed to the sun.

If your digestion is not good, many people use betaine HCL to aid in digestion.

3. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

Careful with the sun... I did burn recently (all-day altitude mountain sun exposure, though) and my level was 124 last time I checked. I do tan easily now.

4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Dex hitting a homerun.......