1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Vitamin D, DMinder, SNPs

Discussion in 'Optimal Labs' started by Bastian, Mar 19, 2019.

1. Bastian

Bastian Freedom to change

Hi guys,
    so my Vitamin D from September 18 was 29ng/ml. Fast forward to March 2019 and it is 53ng/ml. I spend huge amount of time outside in New Zealand summer and never got burned since I built up my solar callus which is awesome.
    Yet I am disappointed since I was using DMinder diligently for the entire period and according to the app I should be around 85ng/ml. So either the app is pretty inaccurate or my SNPs are playing into it or both.

According to my SNPs, I have a VDR Taq AA +/+, which should inhibit my VitD receptor function. Assuming DMinder is correct the SNP would make around 40% less efficient making VitD. That is somewhat scary...
    My SNPs are below and my maternal haplogroup is H1a3. Any input appreciated. Screenshot 2019-03-20 13.38.01.png

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

You need to run your raw data through MTHFR software. Too many untyped results in genetic genie.

Antonis likes this.
  3. Bastian

Which software / tool / platform do you recommend Jack?

4. Bastian

Sean Waters likes this.
  5. Bastian

selfdecode.com