1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Vitamin D and Autoimmunity

Discussion in 'Optimal Labs' started by Souldanzer, Sep 2, 2012.

1. I'm reading. It's a lot to get through, what with looking up definitions every 3rd word. ;)

My primal senses are telling me supplements are bad.

2. bigknitwit

bigknitwit Silver

I'm reading too. Supplementing with D is good... but, only gives temporary results, somewhat like taking any other steroid, and meanwhile the bacterial origin of the disease process continues to grow, and finally overcomes the benefit of the oral vitamin D dose. Do I have the jist of it? I don't like that jist, so I would be delighted to be corrected... I do like the original part about addressing autoimmune conditions in this kind of light though. I need to go and re-read that...

3. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

my primal sense is telling me they need to be very very carefully selected

4. Havent read all i want yet - but the biggie here is that autoimmune disease has a bacterial component. Recently Rosacia was declared a bacteria, too.

Certainly puts a new spin on things if true.

5. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

actually, as I understand supplementing vitamin D would accelerate the process and make it impossible to activate the body's natural healing systems which includes a drop in D3. They compare the reaction in the body to that of a steroid (like prednisone) which lowers inflammation b/c of suppressing the immune response which alleviates symptoms but then allows bacteria to flourish instead of your body's inflammatory reaction fighting them.

I might be totally off..... don't wanna cause a ruckus if there's a plain and simple reason why this research is not valid. They aren't necessarily saying their theory is correct, they're pretty much just suggesting there might be something else going on according to additional evidence.

6. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

I need to read more about Terry Wahl's story. I wonder if she did something that might have caused this kind of healing effect..... if she can heal AI by correcting an imbalance, then so can I. Though she talked at length about the importance of vitamin D last night in the podcast!

7. As usual, I have a strong opinion - note the variety of foods in her diet. I think all of this reductionism (say, an all oyster diet) is too full of unintended consequences, and that maybe nature provided us with things in natural foods that we don't have the full pic on yet.

In all of nature - pulling out a singularity to find "the big picture" doesn't add up.

Sorry - saw a chance for my soapbox ;)

I am now learning about this bacteria stuff - can't wait ti get into the details of science to see if it's a junk study.

8. This is the same info I gleaned from your posts. Geeze that's a lot to digest and I don't have the focus/time/patience tonight. I will need to reread this. I have never heard the bacterial component in AI except for certain ones (like the aforementioned Rosacea). Never heard about that for Hashis. May have to check into that since I think that was a blanket statement and not all AI is bacterial related.

9. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

I haven't looked too much at her diet the only thing I noted was the vast amount of vegetables. Just like Broadhurst says..... every lb of seafood should be accompanied by a lb of vegetables. She also said that our very early ancestors were cooking at least some of the seafood.

10. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

there's so much info I've been stuck with this all day :eek: trying to figure out if this is a trap or maybe they got a point. They do mention thyroid autoimmune disease as one of the examples of AI that has been improved on their protocol. But I haven't found any particular study relevant to that.

11. I don't like the idea of antibiotics for months but I think I will see what I can find that may be different from what you found. I will of course, post it here too!

12. chocolate

chocolate Silver

13. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

I wonder if the abx are really necessary.... most of these people eat SAD. Maybe there is a way around it with optimal diet, cold to increase immunity and such.... just thinking. I am not thrilled really about the Marshall Protocol - avoidance of light, sun, food with D (That's seafood...). But I'd like to learn more about it.

14. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

15. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

It just kinda hit me while doing more reading on AI and vitamin D........ what a misnomer. Pretty much the entire American population is already on HRT. Some are on BHRT. They just don't know it.

Dairy Products

Processed Foods

Enriched Foods

vitamin D2/3 supplements

They all have vitamin D added. A steroid hormone.

But when you talk to your doc about wanting BHRT/HRT they throw their hands up in the air. While they get their own dose of it every morning in their coffee and bowl of cereal.

Let's just keep calling it a vitamin.

16. TheKid

TheKid Gold

So where are we? Does Vitamin D help with immunity or not. I have Hashis, and Jack wants my D levels high. So is that going to help fight infection as well or not?

This is pretty important to me since we may have a SARS outbreak developing where I live in the Middle East.

17. Momma28

Momma28 New Member

Has anyone factored in amalgam fillings in our teeth? Dr. Jerry Tennant's work with PH and electrons basically states that the amalgam ends up being a leaking point of electron's from the body as well as a chronic point of bacterial infection in the body. It has certainly been the case for me. Every mercury filling I have had replaced has had massive decay under it. Also, Dr. Tennant states that the infected tooth is connected by meridians to those areas of the body that end up showing the symptoms. I have had AI issues since I was in my teens. But this makes perfect sense now with the understanding of the bacterial connection to AI.

Dr. Tennant can be seen on youtube under "How the Body Works, part 2". I would be interested in hearing how others see this.

18. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I just tweeted about another Vitamin D and cardiac study today.

19. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

I have to look for that tweet. Don't usually follow twitter stuff.

@ Momma: most interestingly, while I was reading more about AI and D, I also ran into the implants causing AI disease in the body, specifically hip replacements. They found colonies of the suspected AI bacteria on the replacement parts after they had been in for a while. I'll post that study once I'm done with it. It's interesting to me b/c I just recently was studying up on the implant issue for myself. And then I was re-reading the D blog of Dr K which then led me to google AI and vitamin D and VDR dysfunction and I guess here I still am :rolleyes:

@TheKid: I think what Dr K says is he knows the topic is a bit controversial amongst some people yet he's made his choice with it and he's getting into why in some of the blogs. It's up to you to do it differently if you do not agree. You have to choose your own path here.... or just go with what Dr K says. I haven't made a decision. But I like what I am learning even though it is a bit confusing. There is lots and lots of studies out there to read that explain the different perspectives.

20. Momma28

Momma28 New Member

HI Kid....mind me asking where in ME you are? I'm moving to Dubai next spring...thanks