1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Vitamin D 130ng/mL

Discussion in 'Optimal Labs' started by Dave Key, May 11, 2019.

1. Dave Key

Dave Key E-sick

After one week in Playa Del Carmen I checked basic labs. It was very affordable and easy to do.
    One thing that surprised me was my vitamin D level(25 hydroxy calciferol).
    130 ng/mL !

2. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Christine_L, Dave Key and recoen like this.
  3. Dave Key

Dave Key E-sick

Thanks JanSz. You saved me some research time here because the lab report raised concern about toxicity levels. The lab report listed >100+ng as toxic.

Christine_L likes this.
  4. Dave Key

Dave Key E-sick

2 months later, my D is down a little. Last week's labs were 122ng...wierd. I expected it to be higher after 8 more weeks in the Yucatan.

JanSz and Marko Pollo like this.
  5. Mary B

Mary B New Member

Just came home from Dermatologist visit. I told him I was trying to get my G to 60. He said all the skin cancers he removes are from sun. No one needs that much D. Govt guidelines were raised due to vitamin manufacture request. I should get my D from a pill. I didn’t even tell him my thoughts.

6. JanSz

JanSz Gold

I had to change my dermatologist.

It takes a month to build up skin resistance to sunlight (and you can lose it quickly).
    Weekend warriors do no apply, that may indeed cause cancer.
    Short vacations into tropics, same problem.

/
    https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.p...re-to-move-to-thread.19529/page-6#post-222624
    https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/supplementation-not-a-fan.21465/page-2#post-243630

In the video Jack says:
    The toxic level of vit D 250 ng/dl time 31:55
    People in the equator should have 150-200ng/dL from the sun.
    In Montreal should have 60-80 ng/dL (at 3 weeks before summer solstice)

Last edited: Jul 30, 2019
  7. Mary B

Mary B New Member

Totally agree. I don’t burn any more, just covered in freckles. I just find it sad that they are so closed minded. Fortunately I don’t need a dermatologist very often. I watched his young assistant work on an iPad from her lap and we sat in bright lighting (me with my blu tech glasses) I want to speak up but I know their ears are plugged.

Duane Baumgartner likes this.
  8. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

9. Mary B

Mary B New Member

Working to get my next D lab higher. Wanted it all from sun time but think I will try adding some D supplements too. Have some 5000 I can take. This dermatologist wasn’t pleased with my tanned skin and me saying I wanted to get to 60 on D lab. I’m sure he figured I was going to spend more time in the sun which I will. More for me to read on Vitamin D from my favorite Doc. Thank you!

10. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Cuffy, MisterT, Dave Key and 6 others like this.
  11. Mary B

Mary B New Member

Now I’m looking at how Brazilian neurologist Dr Coimbra treats MS with large doses of Vitamin D. Guess that is too dangerous to consider in the US where we are to shun the sun and Vitamin D. Also found him explaining how comatose victims who are organ donors may not be “brain dead”. The silent brain may recover if treated properly. https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/n...ulti-billion-dollar-organ-transplant-industry

Dave Key and JanSz like this.
  12. BrunoB

BrunoB New Member

Hi, thanks for your input. How do you feel with such a high level of vitd3?

13. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

130 ng/ml is not high. High dose is above 250ng/ml

BrunoB likes this.
  14. BrunoB

BrunoB New Member

Wow! thanks! ... how outdated my laboratories are! -_-
    So the question is, do you feel much better with these levels of vitd3?or what change / s did you notice?

15. Dave Key

Dave Key E-sick

I feel much better when it's higher. As soon as we get close to winter when there's less sun (lower UV, shorter days, more clouds and rain) I get "seasonal". It happens every year.

BrunoB likes this.