1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Vitamin A and blue light question

Discussion in 'Beginners Area' started by shannoncorrin, Apr 11, 2018.

1. shannoncorrin

shannoncorrin New Member

I am listening to the Vermont 2017 talk for the 3rd time. What trips me up is around the 39-40 min mark when he is talking about why there is so much DHA in the eye to make the eye clock run faster (this makes sense). he starts talking about vitamin A and blue light. First he says that blue light is the antedote for vitamin A and DHA. then he said blue light makes vitamin A. How is this? Am I missing something? I cannot figure out how blue light can both destroy and create vitamin A. I have spent the past hour googling and reading.

2. Billybats

Billybats New Member

3. shannoncorrin

shannoncorrin New Member

Thank you!

4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

All opsins are linked to retinol which is vitamin A. When artificial blue light is prominent the retinol disassociates from the opsin and the opsin and DHA complex is no longer functional. This lowers Vitamin recycling, DHA recycling, and proton recycling in the TCA/urea cycle via Kreb's bicycle. This is what causes the breakdown in the circadian mechanism. As Vitamin A cycle becomes extinguished by the chronicity of the blue light, its thermodynamic coupler, Vitamin sulfated D3 also drops in kind. This mimics the example I have often given about the relationship between predator and prey. Whatever is done to one side eventually occurs to the other side.

5. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Vitamin A is also called retinol and it is normally found bound to every opsin protein in humans. It is designed to work with visible light from the sun only. Today, it is being forced to work within the spectrum emitted by technology devices. This creates massive optical signaling problems in cells. The major collateral damage is in how protons can operate in cells properly. Vitamin A is yellow in color. It is a complementary cole to BLUE. This is why Vitamin A levels in the brain are a direct proxy for blue light exposure. Our human blue light opsin is called melanopsin. It found in our eye, skin, and subcutaneous fat mass. Kids with autism always have delayed speech onset. Have you ever wondered why? Did you know Vitamin A helps humans acquire speech? Do you think anyone in autism research might be interested in that link? I told you 5 years ago in a podcast with Dr. Tim Jackson, of MTHFR support, that I believed autism was 100% an epigenetic disease tied to mitochondrial damage. Vitamin A linked to artificial blue light exposure is one of many reasons why I believe this. Why is it that no one talks about Vitamin A in the brain?

Simple, they can not measure it directly with labs. I told you in Brain Gut 11 blog that close to 50% of the circuits in our brain are wired to sunlight and not to dietary metabolism!!!!

How important is this? Consider this biologic factoid about songbirds: "Songbird studies examine the effects of retinoid signaling on vocal/auditory learning and are uniquely suited to study the behavioral effects of Vitamin A Deficiency because the neural circuitry of the song system is discrete and well understood. Similar to human speech acquisition, avian vocal learning proceeds in well-defined stages of template acquisition, rendition and maturation. Local blockade of retinoic acid production in the brain or excess dietary retinoic acid results in the failure of song maturation, yet does not affect prior song acquisition. Together these results yield significant insights into the role of vitamin A in maintaining neuronal plasticity and cognitive function in adulthood." http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20077419

6. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

Does the visible yellow (crescendoing in the a.m from around +6 solar elevation and decrescendoing p.m. ) act as a brake on blue, protecting those pathways?

7. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC). The CDC report found that autism is now diagnosed in one in every 59 American children, representing 2 ½ times more autism in 12 years and a 15 percent increase in just two years. This is DEFINITIVE proof autism is not a GENETIC disease related to the NUCLEAR genome.

The alarming increase in autism prevalence over the past 10 years signals the need for a significant change in the federal response to addressing autism in the United States. We need advocacy for technology diets for these kids. A more accountable, effective, and strategic plan is necessary to meet the needs of those with autism and their caregivers today. Concerned Americans should be working toward a major overhaul of the current response as the Autism CARES Act is reauthorized.

If you want to have a kid and avoid autism begin educating yourself about blue light toxicity and how it changes the epigenetic switches in your own germ line. That is where the disease begins in my opinion. Once the epigenetic changes occur it changes the free radical signals made in mitochondria which change signaling to the nuclear genome and this can hard wire nuclear changes into the offspring. Usually, this is not the case. Most of the changes associated with autism are transgenerational post-translational modifications that can be changed. The reason is obvious. They are mitochondrial defects. If you become a mitochondrion before you have sex to have a kid you can prevent this condition. If it was a nuclear genomic disease, there statistics over the last 30 years in autism would be impossible. Because the mtDNA changes 3-5 times more quickly it should be obvious this is a mitochondrial disease at its core.

The CDC report, “Prevalence of Autism Spectrum Disorders Among Children Aged 8 Years—Autism and Developmental Disabilities Monitoring Network, 11 Sites, United States, 2014,” states that in some of the communities represented in the network, nearly three percent of eight-year-olds had an autism diagnosis in 2014. It uses the same methodology that produced the CDC’s 2010 prevalence findings of 1 in 68 children with autism.

The extraordinary cost of autism care is expected to escalate dramatically as prevalence continues to increase. University of California Davis health economists estimates the national cost of caring for all people with autism in the billions, heading towards $1 trillion. Their forecasts for autism-related medical, nonmedical, and productivity losses were $268 billion for 2015 and $461 billion for 2025. The researchers noted that if ASD prevalence continues to increase as it has in recent years while effective interventions and preventive treatments are not identified and made widely available, the costs could reach $1 trillion by 2025.

Notably, the economic and social costs related to the autism crisis will continue to impact every American taxpayer as funding and priorities are redirected into areas, including, but not limited to: WE need to recommend all kids AVOID all blue light devices until the brain is fully myelinated. We need to educate pediatricians, teachers, school boards, and technology companies how their beliefs are COMPLICIT with this pandemic.

• Medical and other health insurance expenditures for co-occurring conditions. Research shows that 47 percent of children with autism had at least one co-occurring condition
    • Increased funding for social security disability and SSI benefits
    • Training of public safety resources to manage the explosive increase in wandering and elopement cases, as 49 percent of children with autism wander/elope
    • Programs addressing the needs of adults with autism including employment, housing, and community integration.

8. Billybats

Billybats New Member

I heard that NJ has the highest rate in the country.

9. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

If you live in NJ this should tell you to call a mover.

And, yet, insanely, there are still people in positions of power and influence at the AAP, CDC, and Autism Speaks who don't acknowledge that the rise in autism is REAL and an EPIDEMIC:

"Autism diagnoses in New Jersey have tripled in 14 years and show no signs of leveling off, according to the study's lead researcher. The rate of increase accelerated in the most recent two years, climbing by 19 percent to one in 34 children.

"We don't understand the reason for it," said Walter Zahorodny, director of the New Jersey autism study and an associate professor at Rutgers New Jersey Medical School. In the 14 years since the monitoring study began, "it has never stabilized or decreased."

https://www.northjersey.com/…/nj-autism-rates-hi…/551910002/

Maggie P likes this.