1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Viewing the Sunrise in Mountainous areas

Discussion in 'Beginners Area' started by TrevorHirschi, Aug 1, 2021.

1. TrevorHirschi

TrevorHirschi New Member

Hi everyone,
    I’m new to the forum. I discovered Jack Kruse a few months ago on podcasts with Evan Brand and Luke Storey and have been listening to nothing but Jack’s other podcasts on my daily commute to/from work.

I’ve been steadily improving my health over the last several years which began with grounding that I was introduced to after “barefoot” running in Vibram FiveFingers back in 2008. It’s been all downhill (or maybe I should say uphill!) from there.

I was exposed to the idea that the sun is actually good for us by Nadine Artemis via “The Natural Lifestylist” Tony Riddle. I started getting more sun exposure, watching sunsets, and purchased blue blocking glasses in 2020. I never had much opportunity for getting the sunrise due to laziness or my work schedule. Since learning from Jack, I’ve increased my AM infrared exposure and am working on building a solar callus with the help from the patreon blogs.

My question I have is this. I was born and raised in, and still live in Northern Utah, 41.5*N and about 4300ft elevation. I live along the beautiful Wasatch mountain range, right on the foothills to the immediate west of them. I’ve been using apps like “Sundial” and “Sunrise Sunset” to follow the exact times of sunset/sunrise. I have about 2 minutes discrepancy from a sea level horizon based time for sunset ~25 miles to the west Promontory mountains in the middle of the Great Salt Lake, which I can live with. However, I have about an hour late discrepancy for sunrise due to my proximity to the mountains.

How detrimental to my sunrise viewing benefits is this for me? I imagine it’s not good, but I’d like some further light shed (pun intended) on it.

Thanks!

2. Martha Ray

Martha Ray Martha Ray, New Member

I have a similar question...I live next to a beautiful mountain ridge with forest blocking my seeing the sun at the specific time of sunrise. I do not know, for sure, but it might still be useful to be up waiting at the specific sunrise time because light is still surrounding me when I am outdoors at that time.

Each month I print a Sunrise Sunset Calendar - USA Home Page Free, printable calendars with sunrise, sunset, moonrise, moonset and moon phase times for USA and other worldwide locations. https://www.sunrisesunset.com/usa/

Each day I aim to be up and out 5 to 10 min before sunrise and to stay outside for as much of the next 1 to 2 hours as I can get. I cover head and forearms (due to radiation damage) and expose as much bare skin as I can.

It is an ideal time for me to meditate on MP3 Bible Doctrine Lessons and ground unless inclement weather. Searching for a reasonable property that is environmentally and geographically better. I have a very, very long list of home specifics but I have faith that if needful I will find the cleft in the rock I seek. While waiting on God and Time I am content and happy to know that one day I will be in place that will exceed all could ever think or imagine.

I am still new here myself but welcome you and hope you find Jack Kruse and this OHF as helpful as I have.

John Schumacher likes this.
  3. TrevorHirschi

TrevorHirschi New Member

Thanks for the reply Martha. Yeah, I assume that still being up before the sunrise to view the horizon is beneficial in for the color temperature, but I’m not sure as to what is happening in the atmosphere at that time. I’m going to assume that it still isn’t as good as the best scenario — sunrise over sea level horizon.

I use the app Sundial which has been a great way to keep up with all solar stats, sunrises and sunsets, as well as lunar timing.

Martha Ray and John Schumacher like this.
  4. @TrevorHirschi - We don't always have control over where we live; however, I'm encouraged to hear you are taking control of your opportunities for sunrise therapy.
    Grandpa John

Last edited: Aug 15, 2021
    Martha Ray likes this.
  5. @Martha Ray, May your faith - belief in an unseen God - become fulfilled -> Matthew 5:8

Question: As you think over your coming day, gazing into a sunrise, do you ask, why do we hope for a future before we know what it is?

Why were we designed to have faith?

JanSz and Martha Ray like this.
  6. Crimson Funk

Crimson Funk New Member

I seem to remember Dr Kruse saying that even if you can't see it, you should look in the direction of the sun/sky at sunrise. I usually head to the river for my sunrise, it's not perfect but better than nothing

Attached Files:

John Schumacher and caroline like this.
  7. TrevorHirschi

TrevorHirschi New Member

That's as much as I can do right now too, so I'll continue to do that every day. It feels less beneficial since the sun doesn't peak over my backyard mountains for anywhere from an hour to an hour and twenty minutes. I'm not sure what the longest time will be be as we reach the winter solstice, but it has been getting worse daily as the sunrise travels southward in the eastern sky, which happens to climb upward along an elevating range of peaks. I wish I would have discovered Jack Kruse last winter and I would have been able to watch the sunrise get better and record those times of my actual local rise daily.

Thanks for your input, Mr Funk. :p

Crimson Funk and Sara S like this.
  8. Crimson Funk

Crimson Funk New Member

No worries
    I would think that it is less beneficial than watching it come up over the ocean, but that doesn't mean it's not worth doing. I'd concentrate on being grounded, making sure that nothing hijacks your signal before it comes up like watching tv/phone and then blocking ALAN (artificial light at night). All whilst making longer term plans to move

Martha Ray and John Schumacher like this.
  9. TrevorHirschi

TrevorHirschi New Member

For sure! And as long as that is all I can do right now, I will continue to do it. I've thought about the moving, and it's in the plans for the future. A BIG move southward has also been in my thoughts, but I just don't know how to work it yet. I do need to get grounded for the sunrise, so far it has been seeing the sunrise from my open back door. A few steps out is all it takes, but it's getting colder, and I've not been a fan of the cold for my whole life. I guess it is good for me to get that cold exposure too, and I have been doing cold showers a couple times a week, (which is a HUGE win! Anyone that knows me would agree!), so a few steps out onto the grass barefoot isn't going to be that hard, really.

And yes! The ALAN I'm exposed to in the time before sunrise is red red red. It's not as good as it can be because a few years ago I thought I was doing the smartest thing by setting my my house with philips hue "smart" lights that I now know are more stupid lights with probably a ton of EMF that I should do without, but I'm trying to make small steps forward.

10. JanSz

JanSz Gold

When you are able, get
    23andme
    test.
    Then look up your mother's haplotype.
    Try to figure where she must have lived, that may be the right latitude for you.
    Jack always thinks that the closer to the equator is better.
    Personally I would rather look up a map indicating cancers. And stay away from high cancer areas (as my number 1 concern). Frequent hurricanes and earthquakes likely second. At my age I also worry about high skills hospitals, especially surgeons being not to far away.

In my case, I was able to figure out that my 5000 years ago grandma must have been in the Tbilisi area.
    I have spent my first 30 years of life in Poland, north of that latitude. Always hating cold there.
    By coincidence, I immigrated to the USA, and live at just about the same latitude as my grand grandma did, only slightly south of her.
    Feel good here.
    But also at one time, I was working for slightly over a year in Brazil. Tropical area.
    At first, all was very happy. I could take the sunlight without any problems.
    After few months I realized that what bothers me there were the short 12 hours days.
    Always the same.

---------------------------------
    About haplotypes.
    We have L haplotypes and others.
    Someone with any of L haplotypes is practically different than anybody with non-L haplotypes.
    Regardless of the color of their skin, they should live close to the equator.
    L type usually has black skin, but not always, we have a totally white blonde as a member here and she is L.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2021
  11. Saichi

Saichi New Member

If you're getting high UV naked sunbathing during the day, minimum 30 minutes ideally 90 minutes, then shouldn't worry about late sunrise.

12. JanSz

JanSz Gold

@John Schumacher
    @Christine Renner

About the 5000 or 10000 grandmothers.
    It is assumed, or at least it is my understanding, that if we could replicate the situation where those grandmothers lived that would be our desirable environment.
    I think that may be quite a good assumption except that figuring it out may get complicated rather quickly.
    One complication is Earth precession (about 26000 years), likely the "easiest" to figure (but not for me), because it is still under normal predictable order.
    Other complications are listed by Velikovsky.
    Variable earth rotation.
    Electric Universe. The planet Saturn was once orbiting outside of the present solar system, along with the Earth, Mars and other objects as moons of Proto-Saturn.
    Venus as a comet, transforming into the planet (time of biblical Exodus), that was a reason why took them 40 years to walk few miles between Cairo and Jerusalem. 264 miles as crow flies. 264/40/365=0.018 miles daily on average.
    Others
    reporting on Siberia mammoth's (tropical animals)(rather fresh meat)( good enough to feed dogs)----->> Earth axis must have been turned about 90 degrees from today's.

So figuring out great grandma's environment gets complicated rather quickly.