1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Video - me eating high meat. So good for our gut!

Discussion in 'The Epi-Paleo Diet' started by Inger, Jun 25, 2012.

1. caroline

caroline Moderator

I just put pieces of rump steak on a board and leave in the fridge. I have some I am eating now that have been sitting about 2 weeks.. I love it. I used to buy lean steak for some silly reason but now I get the fattest pieces I can. I love the fat so much.

2. Inger

Inger Silver

f@h I dunno about the earthing with a glass jar.. My electrician brother told me glass is not conductive so you might have to put it on a cotton cloth on the grass or something when airing.. but that would make flies attack quite possible and soon your meat might be full of maggots.. hmmm.
    Maybe cover it with something. Or put the earthing strap into the bottle to touch the meat..? Haha.. you really question stuff f@h! You need to do a N=1 and report! :) For that you need to make 2 jars, the one you earth and the other not and then we will know the difference..
    Traditionally high meat was/is made by burying in the earth.. maybe we should try it? That way it gets very well earthed for sure.. you got me thinking.....;)
    I just do not like live maggots in my meat (yet..lol) and I need to figure a way how the meat gets air down there in the earth hole without letting maggots in.

3. Inger

Inger Silver

Sounds great, Glen! :) I would ditch the plastic wrap though... I try to use as little plastic as possible..not so good... Maybe you can pound the piece flat without plastic, just on a wooden plate?

4. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Glen, I think if the meat were cooked, then you would need to add probiotics. Pasteurized milk needs them to make yogurt, but raw milk does not. I have made yogurt from raw milk several times, often unintentionally while giving some to my chickens. What they don't drink becomes yogurt with the heat of the sun. They seem to love that yogurt even more than the milk. I also would use the whey from making raw yogurt in my pickles. (I don't heat the raw milk much, only to body temp.) But recently I have considered leaving it out, because perhaps dairy bacteria aren't necessarily the proper microbes for vegetables. Salt seems to work fine, along with the normal bacteria present in the cucumbers.

Raw meat already has the beneficial bacteria needed to get off to a good start. Making sure it has oxygen keeps the anaerobic bacteria at bay, thankfully.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2013
  5. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

High-jacking thread... so if I was to eat raw meat/fish, would it be okay to buy raw meat from local supermarket (possibly frozen) then just leave it on a plate in the fridge for a day or 2 then eat it and not die?
    By the same token, can I eat raw bacon out of the packet?

6. desirae123

desirae123 New Member

Yes you are right indigogirl

7. caroline

caroline Moderator

I have eaten raw bacon my whole life ...... I think the raw meat would be fine - but put it on a wooden board......

8. JoeBranca

JoeBranca Silver

over a month ago I set aside some grass fed sirloin tips and let them do their thing in a mason jar.

high_meat2-002.JPG

Today I took the plunge and wolfed down a piece as part of post lifting protein. No seasoning or anything, just to get the full effect over with. Not too bad. A little slimy but not a super strong flavor. OK add that to the gut health arsenal!

(Whenever I take the jar outside to circulate air, our toddler says "meat farts!")

9. caroline

caroline Moderator

Joe - have you tried putting a GF steak on a wooden board in the fridge? It dries a bit and I think of it as my salami!

I usually grind some black pepper on it and some hot chili flakes.

The high meat scares the beejeebers out of me!

10. JoeBranca

JoeBranca Silver

I also had some chuck roast and ribeye in the fridge in ventilated containers with continual airflow. But I let them go for over a week and the wife wasn't appreciating the aroma. I'll try again with a smaller cut and see if I can get to it in less than a week. Otherwise I'll need to get a dedicated fridge for my experiments.

11. caroline

caroline Moderator

Joe - when you leave a piece of steak on a wooden board - it doesn't smell at all. The wooden board allows everything to breath - absolutely no smell and I think it is delicious .... and no cooking!

12. gokhals

gokhals New Member

I love Sally's Kibbeh recipe. Instead of using bulghur, I use raw ground, pastured beef, cooked/cooled quinoa, shallot, parsley, ginger, chopped up kraut, capers, lemon juice, salt, pepper.

13. caroline

caroline Moderator

That sounds delicious - I always loved Kibbeh and have forgotten about it! I wouldn't use the quinoa tho - for me anyway.