1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Video - me eating high meat. So good for our gut!

Discussion in 'The Epi-Paleo Diet' started by Inger, Jun 25, 2012.

1. Inger

Inger Silver

I did this video today, to show how I make my high meat and how it looks.

I believe this is very beneficial for our guts, a lot of good bakteria. It is cheap and easy to make, a old remedy in old cultures like Siberian.

I made it from grassfed beef-heart this time, it is about 4 months aged.

I hope this could be helpful for the ones who suffer from gut dysbiosis in this forum.

[video][video=youtube_share;rDfBW93BhLY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDfBW93BhLY[/video][/video]

Inger

2. janagram

janagram New Member

It's interesting to revive these old remedies! The ancient Siberian culture sounds really fascinating!

You are way ahead of the rest of us in actually trying stuff. I just don't think I will ever do this!

(Also, have you really fully explained how to make it? Just put meat in a jar for 4 mo.?)

3. Inger

Inger Silver

Janagram, if wanting to optimize my health, I need to do stuff that helps the most. I believe this is better than any probiotics you can buy for money. After reading Jacks last two blogposts I got just more convinced it must be great. I feel great too, when eating it, and I have done this on and off for years.

It is so easy, just take piece of fresh (not prefrozen) meat or heart, cut in pieces, and fill a glass jar max 2/3 full, there needs to be enough air circulating. Then put the jar in the fridge, and open it for a few minutes a few times / week to air it. Let it stay for months or years...:)

4. What does this taste like? How do you eat it - and how on earth did you get to where you thought to do this!!! You are like my hero!

5. Nevermind, just watched the video. . .I see how you eat and what it taste like! I notice you chewed and didn't just swallow. So it's not completely offensive tasting?

Still.my.hero.

Inger, I really wish I could fast forward and see you at 90 yrs old!

6. indigogirl

indigogirl Silver

You're a brave woman Inger!

7. Inger

Inger Silver

LOL. Me too!

I got this idea from Aajonus Wonderplanitz, he healed himself long ago from autism and cancer with high meat.

He is a rawfooder that eats almost only raw animal food, but he eats dairy too, raw, this I disagree with. I guess he would be better off without.. and I do not think the diet needs to be 100% raw at all. Just something raw every day, because it has benefits because of the bakteria. I feel meat fits my gut a bit better raw, when fish goes great cooked, especially low fat fish. I love salmon and fatty fish like mackerel raw, as sashimi. This is intuitional to me.. how my body feels, how I like the taste.

The high meat is really like a real old gorgonzola.. that you forgot for a while in your fridge.. believe me. If you like very old cheeses, you will have no problem whatsoever to eat the high meat.:)

I always loved the strongest tasting cheeses, that might be why high meat tastes great to me!

8. Here I go, googling high meat.

9. Qodesh

Qodesh New Member

Inger,

Can I make high meat from pre-frozen lamb liver? Or does all high meat need to be from fresh. It's very hard to find fresh grassfed organ meat here.

10. ealachan

ealachan New Member

Might want to put "safe search" on first...::snerk::

11. prAna303

prAna303 New Member

12. Inger

Inger Silver

Qodesh,

I have never tried that. I have eaten lambsliver that have been sitting in my fridge open to air for weeks though, it tasted sour, very sour but not too bad and I digested it well.

You do not need organs, you can make it from grassfed meat too! Just cut all fat away, so there is only meat no visible fat. Or you could try game-meat! That would make great high-meat too!

Better not use prfrozen because freezing kills some enzymes and bakteria and then it will not age well...

You could try for sure.. But I would try it the right way first time, then you know how it should look and taste, and you have something to compare with!

13. Inger

Inger Silver

Makes me think we scandinavians are kind of born into the rotten food joyment.. LOL.

No wonder I loved it from the beginning! Island has some gross buried birds that are real old and rotten.. belongs to their traditional food still these days!

14. prAna303

prAna303 New Member

It´s what we came from... People living in harsh conditions in which seafood probably was the only source of food for the whole winter.

15. Michael

Michael Super Moderator

You're a brave woman, Inger!

I remember reading something about the bacteria present in game that's been "hung till high" as people who shoot used to do, and still do a bit, in England. This would be birds like pheasants and grouse. I believe some people left them so long that they didn't take much plucking - the feathers would come away in lumps. So IIRC this source said that the bacteria that grew in the game were similar to the ones used fro blue cheeses in cheese-making.

16. Inger

Inger Silver

You are so right about this Michael. I just picked the good what Aajonus had, not the bad. I always do like this, I do not really care if there are crazy things too if I see something beneficial I use it! But sure I am with you on that Aajonus have some strange things also..

Thanks for the very intresting infos BTW!!!! Much I did not know!

Inger

17. msclman

msclman New Member

what is the difference between this and rotten meat?

18. freesia

freesia Old Member

The GAPS diet plan (as laid out originally by Dr Campbell McBride...not the honey & almond flour coated version) specified fermented raw sardines and mackerel as being very valuable for gut healing. Presumably at least partly because of the naturally occurring bacteria?

19. janagram

janagram New Member

Vietnamese fish sauce is no different! or thai!

20. Michael

Michael Super Moderator

I'd say the type of bacteria you get.

Freesia mentions the recipes in the GAPs book. I looked them up. Dr. Campbell-McBride uses quite lot of salt and she puts a cup of kefir whey in as a starter, too. The fish are also completely covered with the liquor.

Now the salt tends to inhibit the "wrong" bacteria, but doesn't affect the "good" ones. This is why it's added to sauerkraut.

The kefir may not be necessary, but by supplying a living culture of bacteria that she knows to be safe, she ensures the balance is in her favor. (Like swallowing a probiotic to do the same for your insides.)

Finally, because the fish is under the liquid, it doesn't encourage aerobic bacteria, which can be fairly nasty. IIRC, the ancient Icelanders used to bury sheep's heads -- again you'd be controlling the amount of oxygen that's available. I guess Inger does, too. Going by the video, Inger does open her jar regularly, but it spends most of the time closed (and it is in a cold place - her fridge).

I'd guess that you can do the whole thing in a less controlled manner than Natasha Campbell-McBride does. Algonquin Indians, and British squires with pheasant coverts, for example, just left their meat in a cool place. I should think Dr. Campbell-McBride's method is probably safer.