1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Vibrio Vulnificus

Discussion in 'Ask Jack' started by Annie Dru, Feb 9, 2019.

1. Annie Dru

Annie Dru Gold

Karen & Glen C. likes this.
  2. Inna

Inna Platinum

If redox is high - no worry
    With poor redox ANY infection might be deadly.
    So keeping you redox high is the best prevention strategy.

3. drezy

drezy Gold

4. Annie Dru

Annie Dru Gold

Good, because I've been eating raw oysters like they're going out of style!

drezy likes this.
  5. drezy

drezy Gold

9-12 big gulf oysters every evening for the last 18 months = my wife

I buy 50 ct bags every chance I get

Corey Nelson likes this.
  6. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

If this was a big worry most of New Orleans would be long gone and it is the oldest place in the USA. I think people should remember their history.

drezy and Annie Dru like this.
  7. Annie Dru

Annie Dru Gold

Yep. Fair enough. I don't think I'd had a raw oyster more than twice in my life before I became a member here. Now I eat them twice a week. By some fluke I saw an article about this "deadly bacteria" and remembered that raw oysters are supposed to be "risky". Thanks for clearing that up.

drezy likes this.
  8. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I just ate 24. I have my term insurance policy handy.

Mike David, drezy and Annie Dru like this.
  9. Annie Dru

Annie Dru Gold

Ha ha! That's awesome. I'm wondering if this new epidemic of oyster fatalities is also tied to 5G...?

10. drezy

drezy Gold

LOL!

Somewhere around 2,100 in I did note that some of your facebook detractors were all a-flap about vibrio.

I used my finely honed IYI identification skills, though. Now we're easily at a 5,000 count.

Corey Nelson and Sajid Mahmood like this.