1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Veelansu's Journal

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by veelansu, Sep 30, 2013.

1. caroline

caroline Moderator

What about a couple of cans of sardines for your BAB?

Remember - you don't want to knock yourself out of ketosis .....IT IS NOT WORTH IT.....think how proud you will be .....;)

2. oliveview

oliveview New Member

I'm traveling as we'll and it's challenging. Sounds like you're still doing well.

3. veelansu

veelansu New Member

Conference over. I got through it with flying colors. :) today was kind of bad because I was checking out of the hotel so I didn't get to eat breakfast. I just has coffee with butter and coconut oil. Then I had to drive from New Orleans to Mobile, Al so I didn't get to eat till about 3. No food until 3, I can't believe that's a good thing. Thing is I wasn't really hungry until about 2. I ate shrimp and salad. Then at 7, I had red snapper with two mini sweet potatoes and about 1/2 oz of 70% organic dark chocolate. Lots and lots of water. I'm staying with a friend and she got upset at me for sautéing the fish, smelled up her house. Oh well, I have to eat healthy. :) I'm here for another week, and I need the rest, being away from work, etc. but I miss my apartment and my own kitchen, and my own bed.

4. caroline

caroline Moderator

Next time make seafood ceviche.....won't smell up her house and it is so delicious and way better for you.

I am so proud of you......you did great.....:)

After having a couple of BPC - I am not hungry for hours .....but I do eat a ton of fat!

5. veelansu

veelansu New Member

That was such a great idea that I made ceviche with the rest of the snapper and I will eat it tomorrow for breakfast. Today was a very relaxing day. The rain from what was left of Karen came by. Nothing major. I was looking forward to sheets of rain, I love a good thunderstorm. Living in San Diego, the weather is very monotonous. Gorgeous, but it is monotonous. Coming to the south, I always hope for a good storm. It wasn't what I wanted, but it was still rain. I didn't get to walk barefoot outside because with all the lightning, I was afraid to become a human lightning rod. I stayed inside, and just listened to music and talked for hours with my friend who I am visiting. Breakfast was good. Buffalo sirloin steak and some zucchini, dinner was oysters and crab meat. I'm not drinking as much water as I should be. I realize that. I need to figure out a way to drink more. I never really get thirsty, this has always been my problem. Today, if I drank 3 -8 oz glasses I would be surprised. This is the one thing that I struggle with. I am looking forward to my week of rest. I have not done anything with EMF yet. I will when I get home, I ordered the grounding wire for my laptop at work, although with all the other ungrounded equipment around, it may not help much. At home, I am going to get a meter to measure hotspots (any suggestions? Anything I can pick up at lowes?) I will try to eliminate as much as I can, but living in an apartment building 3rd floor, there may not be too much I can do. Still not brave enough to CT. I have been lowering the temp in my shower, but it's not at all cold yet. I live right next to the Pacific Ocean so I may try to brave that at some point since it does get very cold, not sure how I'm going to do it yet. Baby steps.

6. caroline

caroline Moderator

yep ...baby steps. I struggle with the water too - I don't seem to be thirsty and just forget about it.

From my understanding you need a couple of meters and you need to buy good ones ....some aren't accurate enough.
    There are threads talking about meters. It is quite complex.....

Have you disconnected your microwave?

I love ceviche and sushi. Did you know you can make sushi and instead of rice - make cauliflower rice?

7. veelansu

veelansu New Member

The past few days have been interesting. I've been eating out more and drinking wine more. This is because I am around old friends and on vacation. but i still feel like i should be able to have more wil power to not do these thing i know are not good for me. I can't wait to get home. I still eat my BAB, and have gluten free offerings from the menu, mostly fish, but not all are wild caught. Last night I was tempted to eat half a pumpkin creme brûlée. I kept saying "sugar is poison" with every mouthful, but that did not stop me from eating it. It made me sick. I guess I cannot tolerate that much sugar in one sitting. Up until yesterday I was still in light ketosis, definitely not today after that. I went to the gym a couple of days ago but just did weights. My arms are in pain. I haven't exercised in a while and I may have overdone it.

I am going to make ceviche again tonight and share it with my friend. I'm trying to convince her to follow this protocol. She is overweight and eating low cal. she's sees my physical transformation since she last saw me in July. We shall see. I'm going to keep trying till I leave. I've been food shopping for both of us, but she stills is horrified when she sees me drinking the BPC in the morning. :) The nutritionist have brainwashed us too well. Glad we're getting our de-training here.

8. veelansu

veelansu New Member

Oh, one weird thing is, I have a strange itchy rash around my ankles and the top of my feet. Not sure what that's about. It's no where else on my body. It's not horribly uncomfortable but I was wondering if anyone has experienced any strange rashes and what they could be attributed to or should I be doing something different?

9. caroline

caroline Moderator

Sorry - don't know about the rash...... Could it be detox of some kind? Have a read of Nathan's journal. Freesia makes some great points about C/T ......she is a pro.

10. caroline

caroline Moderator

Forgot to say .. It is hard on vacation and with friends - but you have to be strong and set an example ...easier said than done when you are just starting out yourself. About six months ago I spent a week with a friend and got mixed up with some port and gummie bears ....don't even ask!

I really can't tolerate any of that stuff anymore - makes me sick.....and now I enjoy being an outlier. ;)""

At my birthday party last month - we went to a restaurant. Everyone was eating fish and chips and pasta etc etc. I chose a salad with roast sweet potato and goat cheese and filberts. One friend said that is a shame that I am eating a salad on my birthday ....but I loved it and totally enjoyed it. Great birthday meal I reckon!

Now I truly hate kicking myself out of ketosis .... I hate how I feel .....I just love feeling healthy and lean and I think I would live on sashimi the rest of my life ...can't wipe the smile off my dial...;)

11. nicld

nicld Gold

A cold shower is way different then a nice cold CT bath. I HATE cold showers and just cannot do them. Just try to fill the tub up with cooler water and jump in. It only takes your breath away for about 3-4 minutes :)

12. caroline

caroline Moderator

Cold showers suck huge .....but I have recently come to understand that the cold water pouring down on my head is a good thing......

13. veelansu

veelansu New Member

Okay, it's been a few days since my last post. I kicked myself out of ketosis the last few days. I went to an old mentor's house for dinner. His wife cooked and I could not be rude and tell them I could not eat. She made a seafood casserole but it has breadcrumbs all in it. And then I went out with my friends and had a ridiculous amount of alcohol. I hardly ever drink, but when I do, I overdo it. I didn't get throw up drunk but I was can't drive drunk. Me t day, I started back on my path to optimal. It took me until today (3 days) to get into ketosis. The good thing was that I did nt gain any weight. I also did not lose any, but that's okay. I enjoyed my time in the south. Now I'm back in San Diego, looking out of my balcony at the bay. I will be down there tomorrow walking on the sand and seeing how cold the bay water is. I may decide to force myself into the water. It may not be that cold, the bay is never as cold as the pacific.

I'm still not eating lunch but today I was started to get hungry earlier so tomorrow I am going to take some food for lunch so I am not so ravenous when I get home. I had 3 eggs as some home made pork patties and some Brussels sprouts leftover from last night. Dinner was halibut with a small beet salad. I've been drinking more water.

I found out what the rash around my ankles is. While at my friends house. I decided to walk around her yard barefoot. I think I may have brushed against some poison ivy or something like that. She said there was some ion her yard. It's almost gone.

I'm going to try to inmerse myself in some sort of cold water. I'm starting to find some bravery. :)

14. caroline

caroline Moderator

Have fun getting cold.........:)

15. veelansu

veelansu New Member

After 2 months on the leptin reset I've decided to start working out again. I went inline skating with my daughter. I'm going to try running tomorrow. I haven't done that in at least 3 months. I know there's supposed to be some sort of change in sweating patterns but I'm not sure what I am supposed to see. More sweating? Less sweating? I was never much of a sweater, but when last time I skated I did start to profusely after I finished working out. It would have a delayed reaction. Today, I didn't sweat at all. I also did not exert myself as much as when last I worked out and it's cooler outside so I'm not sure if that had something to do with it. It was dark when I came in to eat dinner, about 7 pm, so no cold water for me. I ate and am now in bed about to sleep within the next 45 min hopefully. I did eat some lunch today since I'm still hungry during the day. I may need to add more fat to my BAB as I keep reading others are trying. My sweet tooth is still active. I think it's more a mental thing than an actual craving. I'm working on trying to eliminate it but I had to have some chocolate tonight after dinner. Dark 70%, less than an oz. I'm also trying to reduce my thyroid meds. Started today. Usually when I do, I stop losing weight but I think that the amount I am taking is elevating my SHBG and not leaving me enough usable free testosterone. It's all about finding the right balance. Now that I'm fixing my adrenals and leptin, I think I can start working on optimizing my thyroid which should help me overall. I'll let you all know how well this works out.

16. caroline

caroline Moderator

Please go easy with the exercise .... you can get in great shape just by walking .......C/T is where the magic is.......

I am surprised that you still have a sweet tooth ..... are you sure you are leptin sensitive?

17. veelansu

veelansu New Member

I don't believe I am leptin e sensitive yet. I'm back on the straight and narrow, the 2 week vacation didn't help either. I'm not exercising hard. I. Just trying to do things I enjoy. I love inline skating and running. I get to be outside and spend time with my daughter who comes with me.

The extra fat in the BAB did wonders. It helped me stay satiated until dinner time. I've not lost any more weight, but at least I did not gain while on vacation. That's always a plus. :).

I walked around the bay yesterday, barefoot, to ground some. I put my toes in the water to see how cold it was but the bay is still really warm so no natural CT. Although I am still chicken, I'm going to start like the process says, dunking my face. I may start tomorrow. Will let you all know how it goes.

18. caroline

caroline Moderator

Why don't you go into the bay and as it gets colder....You can get bolder! Dunking your face gives you a really healthy look.

19. veelansu

veelansu New Member

I think you've convinced me. I think I'm going to start getting in the bay every day when I get home from work. That will allow my body to slowly adjust to it getting colder. :) I have a plan!!

20. caroline

caroline Moderator

Plus you will be getting a lot of grounding....Win, win!