1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Vasper training

Discussion in 'Optimal Fitness' started by Pardus, Apr 3, 2012.

1. Pardus

Pardus New Member

Hi all,

I've been reading a little bit about the recent success of Vasper training (being researched by NASA!!!) in accelerating muscle and strength gains while training less.

For those who aren't familiar, you wear ice-pack compression cuffs and a tight ice vest to cool and compress your body parts while you train. Apparently, this traps lactic acid in the muscles, 'tricking' your body into thinking it's working harder than it actually is. The result is an increase in the HGH response, allowing you to build more muscle with less effort.

see http://www.vasper.com/

Combined with an already brief, intense routine like Body By Science, I would guess that Vasper will probably enhance and complement it very well.

Occlusion training is a similar concept, just without cooling vests/cuffs: http://www.exercisebiology.com/index.php/site/articles/how_does_occlusion_training_works_in_increasing_muscle/

Has anyone ever tried Vasper, occlusion training, or a do-it-yourself variation?

What are your thoughts?

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I have done it......in 20 minutes your ready to drop.

3. Zorica Vuletic

Zorica Vuletic New Member

Will try it...wanting to do Body by Science. It looks good and efficient. I dropped swimming since March 18. The water was 84! SO HOT! (Plus I wanted to experiment and see the effects of CT alone. I only did the swimming for 3 weeks prior to that anyway).

I know I can find a nice cold lake nearby and swim in that instead...much better! I already look muscular, but would like to have ab definition on my now flat stomach. (Yes, it returned to flat again...yay!) (Obviously b/c of CT and keto seafood.)

4. Glamorama

Glamorama New Member

I saw this on the news here in OZ last month, very fascinating, as it was about 3 weeks into my first taste of CT aka JK. I know that CT alone has given me very good gains in the gym... today, while doing my biceps/back/core WO, I caught a glimpse in the mirror and was shocked by how muscly my arms/shoulders are becoming. I think I almost looked a bit too manly!! *horror*

I can imagine CT while you exersice must do amazing things!

5. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

In two months I replace 25 lbs of fat with 27 pounds of muscle....using deep CT and compression/HBOT/Pressure

6. Glamorama

Glamorama New Member

My issue is that while I'm packing on the muscle, my fat-loss is slow, so I'm going through this stage where I feel I'm looking bigger. But things are moving along and thats all that matters. And I fit into my Def Leppard-pants, hahaha!

7. PaleoMom

PaleoMom New Member

What counts as deep CT? And how often/what type of exercise were you doing?

This is probably being saved for the book, but I still have to ask!

8. MJ*

MJ* New Member

Occlusion sounds a little dangerous if done unsupervised...I could see people pushing the time limit...straight CT sounds like a better/safer plan...

9. MJ*

MJ* New Member

Not laughing at you, but LOL this made me laugh...seriously, maybe you can back off some on the workouts, couldn't CT alone do enough?

10. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

My first webinar is on deep CT. Cant say it on internet.....might get in trouble

11. Glamorama

Glamorama New Member

Not for what I want to achieve.

12. jayjha1@gmail.com

jayjha1@gmail.com New Member

I completed my 4th Vasper session yesterday morning - it is very challenging, yet fun - most importantly, seeing changes already - which I guess is the most exciting part

in full disclosure, I am also doing cryo sessions - so I can't say how much is Vasper is how much is cryo - but anything that gets Dr. Kruse's highest rec is good enough for me

I know I went to an Indian wedding over the weekend and despite being hopped up on like 9 vodkas, I was able to dance all night and not be sore the next day - never ever has happened before - so the lactic acid effect is amazing

13. janagram

janagram New Member

what are cryo sessions?

14. jayjha1@gmail.com

jayjha1@gmail.com New Member

those cryo tanks where they throw you in for 3 minutes and pump nitrogen gas till your skin gets to like 32 or 33 degrees

15. janagram

janagram New Member

uh...uh...okaaaay, I guess this is good for you? (well its like super-CT, I guess)

Well, anything that involves 9 vodkas and dancing all night is for me!