1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Vanity and face wrinkles!

Discussion in 'The Cave' started by jeanie@truelongmont.com, Apr 12, 2012.

1. drezy

drezy New Member

I think you have to look deeper into studies like those and sort out so many factors. Also understand what has to happen in skin cells prior to being damaged. I don't think the "quickened" will be as fast as some might think. There are many factors involved.

From: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2290997/
    "Alpha melanocyte-stimulating hormone (α-MSH). Upon exposure to sunshine, melanocytes and keratinocytes in the skin release α-MSH, which has been implicated in immunologic tolerance and suppression of contact hypersensitivity. α-MSH also helps limit oxidative DNA damage resulting from UVR and increases gene repair, thus reducing melanoma risk, as reported 15 May 2005 in Cancer Research."

ElectricUniverse likes this.
  2. Penny

Penny New Member

Yeah - I've been told I have a very young looking face - like 20 years younger than I should - I just tell them I am tall and my neck looks my age:) I think it's where the screen hits you really... :)

Alex97232 and Christine_L like this.
  3. Saichi

Saichi New Member

Sunlight wouldn't be the culprit here. Circadian regularity destroyed, artificial light in the cabin (now with LED blue flicker), toxic emf soup (now with strong wifi).

Christine_L and drezy like this.
  4. drezy

drezy New Member

Since I comment on this subject I've put myself through the "wringer" of solar exposure for the last two years.

There is a part of me that just wants to know versus tiptoeing around "optimal" health. Honestly, either way I still end up dead in the end. ince I think you haveJapanese roots maybe you get that I think there is something to be said for honor and it is a little dishonorable to cling desperately to a concept known as optimal when there is more to be learned and experienced.

What I thought would be a "risky" experiment in the sun payed dividends.

Alex97232 likes this.
  5. Saichi

Saichi New Member

I don't know how you handle all that sun. If I had your exposure I'd feel too good and disgusted with my own health and happiness.

6. drezy

drezy New Member

I don't completely know either at this point.

The feeling becomes more purpose driven.

The sense of purpose becomes clearer and clearer.

Christine_L and Inger like this.
  7. ElectricUniverse

ElectricUniverse New Member

With what little we definitely know now about aging, it is not certain about all factors that are in play with photo aging, given an individual's lifestyle and health practices. That is why I say only time will tell about outcomes from Black Swan's propensity to high levels of UV/sunlight exposure.

If we are doing things right with Dr Kruse's optimal health strategies most us would have potential to live a long time-- far longer than modern average lifespan. Whether we would relish living to a healthy 100 years but wrinkled as a prune is up to the individual.

The game changer is if a complete skin renewal/rejuvenating method were invented, possibly with stem cells. Not sure I would want to be the first guinea pig going there, however.

What if that process went terribly awry, and I ended up looking like this below picture. Would women still hit on me?

upload_2020-1-17_10-7-8.png

Last edited: Jan 18, 2020
    Cuffy and drezy like this.
  8. drezy

drezy New Member

On the contrary, you'd be a magnet...

9. Inger

Inger Silver

:D
    true! Women LOVE babies :) :) :)

(It never bothered me if my partner had wrinkles though...lol)

drezy likes this.
  10. drezy

drezy New Member

If I had to write a playbook for younger single men it might be a one pager:
    1. Babysit a friend's cute baby for an hour
    2. Time it to be near by and at the end of a hot yoga session in a younger part of a town
    3. Write a nice thank you letter to me after you get to come back up for air

11. Inger

Inger Silver

..:rofl:...:rofl:....... awesome Drezy, I love it :D

12. caroline

caroline Moderator

It is funny .....I love wrinkles in other people - male and female. But - I don't like mine!

To me it is a sign of a life well lived and fully engaged .....sort of been there done that .... and now what's next!

Do you know .....when you lay down you don't have wrinkles!

So - I guess, for one reason or another ......on your back is best!

13. ElectricUniverse

There is one part of the female physiology that can be very wrinkled, and I don't mind it at all. In fact, I love it.

14. Inger

Inger Silver

hmmmm.. you must mean the neck..? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: o_O :D

ElectricUniverse and caroline like this.
  15. drezy

drezy New Member

It's probably pruny fingers (like too much time in the tub). There seems to be a fetish for anything these days...

Inger and caroline like this.

16. I will quote my dad (Diabetic, skin cancer, obese all his life) "Your grandmother (Zelda) had alabaster skin when she died and she never went outside."

Me thinking in my head..... yes, dad but she had breast cancer in her 40's (which didn't kill her) and she died of Alzheimers Disease. She couldn't remember who you were and who she was. I'll take the wrinkles and remember to wipe my own butt before I die././.././././././.

17. ElectricUniverse

upload_2020-1-20_10-13-27.png

18. ElectricUniverse

You are assuming a lot-- like sunlight deficiency caused her cancer and neurodegenerative disease. Many other life style and environmental factors could be involved as well.

I like anecdotal examples, but unless we get at the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, then absolute cause and effect is difficult to obtain.

Sigh--- I wish understanding life were simple. But then again, contradictions, mysteries, unpredictability, and uncertainty make our otherwise mundane lives interesting, no?

19. Inger

Inger Silver

well to be honest, @ElectricUniverse,
    evidence is pretty clear that you can be very healthy even if you are wrinkly..lol
    and that many very sick people can have alabaster-wrinkly free skin ;) :)

That said I am very sure that when eating and living like we naturally are meant to do, will help skin staying healthy and vibrant, and reduce wrinkles that comes from poison like smoking, drinking, blue light, sugar.. etc :)
    I still am going to make friends with my wrinkles though, and honor them, appreciate them, love them.... I have worked hard for each one of them, man! :mmpft:
    and if a man cannot love me because of my wrinkles... thank you I do not need such a superficial man :rolleyes: :D
    imagine I would be in an accident and lose my legs or get demolished face.. if he would love only my outer look, he would sure leave me by then.

ElectricUniverse likes this.
  20. DYING :D:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::D:D