1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Vanity and face wrinkles!

Discussion in 'The Cave' started by jeanie@truelongmont.com, Apr 12, 2012.

1. KiwiLauren

KiwiLauren Gold

On one of the liver threads, research was posted to indicate that turmeric is much more bioavailable and helpful if boiled for 10 minutes. My 'recipe': I put several tablespoons in a cup or two of water and boil for 10 minutes. Then I pour into a jar and each morning I pour a good sized glug into a glass. I then add ground black pepper (maybe 1/4 teaspoon?) - and drink it down quickly! Turmeric is a great anti-inflammatory. No probs with leaky gut Rx as far as I know.

2. chocolate

chocolate Silver

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0FDN/is_4_11/ai_n27098211/

It talks about a bioactive supplement.

3. chocolate

chocolate Silver

UC Davis researchers identify cellular basis for how anti-aging costmetics work
    I use this stuff every now and again. Makes you really understand the consequences of eating fruit.

Jamie S likes this.
  4. PrimalPam

PrimalPam Silver

I've used every anti-aging cream on the market, including AHA's. I even met with a derm who wanted to do aggressive laser treatments on me. I read about the potential hazards and cancelled my appointment.

Funny thing is, I started Paleo and then epi-Paleo eating and people keep telling me how much better my skin looks.

In the past few weeks alone, 3 people have thought I was in my mid-30's (I am 50). I went to an ER for what I thought was a fish bone in my throat (gotta love epi-Paleo!). The ER doc called an ENT to get me a scope; I was in the other room, but I heard the ER doc describe me to the ENT doc as a "Female in her mid-30's".

I can't help wondering if all the anti-aging creams are worth it, and if they can actually harm.

ElectricUniverse likes this.
  5. Destiny

Destiny New Member

After reading this, I ate more shrimps ....LOL

6. chocolate

chocolate Silver

http://esciencenews.com/articles/2012/08/29/bacterial.cause.found.skin.condition.rosacea?

Bacterial cause found for skin condition rosacea

Published: Wednesday, August 29, 2012 - 19:31 in Health & Medicine

7. kellywayne

kellywayne New Member

my brother used to have some nasty wrinkles on his cheek and neck. After consulting a doctor he applied YAG laser on it and after some applications his wrinkles has vanished and he has also got many good effects on his skin. ;)

8. chocolate

chocolate Silver

http://esciencenews.com/articles/2012/10/01/marine.animals.could.hold.key.looking.young?

9. chocolate

chocolate Silver

Back on the vitiligo.... I was just looking up sunblocks because I'm tired of them.... anyway, the PABA in them kind of got me back on something about kidney health and one thing leads to another.... I found this nice article about betaine and PABA the vitamin curing vitiligo. Sure couldn't hurt.

http://vitiligocover.com/something-can-be-done-for-vitiligo/

There are different notions about how to go about it. The original guy just used hcl.

10. Kathy1967

Kathy1967 New Member

I know this is an old post of yours... but what are you referring to when you say using "CO" near eyes? I'm really interested in that!!!

11. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

Probably coconut oil

12. Kathy1967

Kathy1967 New Member

Thanks! I thought that might be it after I asked that question!

nonchalant likes this.
  13. Jamie S

Jamie S New Member turned GOLD :)

Does is help With the crepy wrinkles on legs? It seems the more I am out in the sun now, the leg wrinkles/crepy skin have increased. thank you

14. Jamie S

Thank you. Will check it out.

15. Inger

Inger Silver

I do IR light and coconut oil and Aloe and I feel it helps a little :)
    But the sun might give some wrinkles. I rather be wrinkly and healthy though. Yeah.

At the doctors office today, dialog between me and the doc;

Doc; Ho old are you, if I might ask?
    I; 43.
    Doc; You look great for your age!
    I; Hmm.. noo I dont think so Doc.. I have quite some wrinkles, too much nicotine and stress I guess..
    Doc; No, guess what. It is beautiful! Wrinkles show life liven, it makes you alive!
    I; Really? Oh thanks Doc, that is nice :)

Christine_L, Jamie S and drezy like this.
  16. Jamie S

Thanks inger... must have felt good to hear... that’s awesome. Good to have that encouragement especially here in la when everyone looks perfect (so says culture and magazines) with their Botox etc. I’ve been out in the sun my whole life and vascillated between being good (covering up and sunscreen) to bikini and no sunscreen. I’ve always hated sunscreen. I’m okay with my face it’s my legs that are so wrinkly that bugs me.

17. Jamie S

Is there a link to this article any chance?

18. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Legs.
    page 376
    Sexy Leg renew
    Suzanne Sommers
    A new way to age.
    upload_2020-1-11_10-2-9.png

upload_2020-1-11_10-5-31.png

Jamie S likes this.
  19. ElectricUniverse

ElectricUniverse New Member

Persevere on your skin beauty quest-- you will find answers that work for you if you leave no stone unturned.

As a man I'm not interested in cosmetic coverups, but I surely don't want to look prematurely old with wrinkles and hyperpigmented skin lesions, etc.

I believe skin health comes most authentically from the inside out. So, besides a relatively clean diet and supplements, I ingest a cocktail consisting of MSM, BioSil, and marine collagen almost daily. It helps keep skin, ligaments, and other connective tissue plump, healthy, and youthful.

Now there is an exciting Ayurvedic natural substance growing in popularity for the anti-aging crowd.

It is Bakuchiol oil from plant Psoralea Corylifolia. Touted as a safer alternative to retinol it is highly reputed with abilities to reduce hyperpigmentation, inflammation, wrinkles (fine lines), and photoaging, and also boosts elastin and collagen production.

May you look more beautiful and youthful as you grow older. We health-aware guys are counting on you gals to keep up with us!

Jamie S likes this.