1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Vanity and face wrinkles!

Discussion in 'The Cave' started by jeanie@truelongmont.com, Apr 12, 2012.

1. indigogirl

indigogirl Silver

Are you saying CT can help with vitiligo?

My husband has had vitiligo since his mid twenties. Its an AI disease that causes a lack of pigment in certain areas of one's body.

My DH is causcasian so it's not that noticeable.

2. chocolate

chocolate Silver

Its in one of the ct's... I want to say 7. I think you could search Michael Jackson and get it. I will try find it. Its melanin and it does all sorts of things. Anti-inflammatory, erections, appetite. Anyone else remember which CT it was?

3. chocolate

chocolate Silver

http://www.naturalnews.com/025302_skin_disease_piperine.html

Skin Pigment Disease Reversed with Piperine Nutrient From Black Pepper

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/025302_skin_disease_piperine.html#ixzz1v3xE9I00

An extract derived from black pepper may be able to help reverse the effects of the skin pigmentation disease known as vitiligo, according to research conducted by scientists from Kings College London and published in the Ridge Journal of Dermatology.

Vitiligo is a disease in which sections of the skin lose their pigmentation and turn white, often leading to a blotchy, mottled look. Because melanin, the chemical that gives skin its pigmentation, also protects against the ultraviolet radiation causes skin cancer, people with vitiligo may be at increased risk for that disease.

The current study focused on piperine, the chemical that gives black pepper its spiciness. Researchers applied piperine and its synthetic derivatives to the skin of mice, and found that doing so caused the animals' skin to turn an even light brown after only six weeks.

When combined with ultraviolet radiation treatment, piperine caused the mice's skin to become darker faster. The effect was also more long-lasting

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/025302_skin_disease_piperine.html#ixzz1v3xUaGHw

Jamie S likes this.
  4. indigogirl

indigogirl Silver

Thanks, Chocolate! Worth looking into.

5. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Turmeric and pepper plus CT are great for vitiligo.....but the leaky gut is the culprit. Meyer's cocktails also can help

Jamie S likes this.
  6. indigogirl

indigogirl Silver

What is a Meyer's cocktail?

How much turmeric and pepper?

Thanks! : )

7. JoeBranca

JoeBranca Silver

This is good info, I have had some spotty vitiligo pop up in the past few years on my elbows, underside of wrists and some knuckles. It hasn't spread more since going paleo, and some of it seems to have sort of faded. I'll keep up with the turmeric / pepper in my breakfasts.

8. vlynnb

vlynnb Gold

I am confused on the tumeric recommendation. I thought tumeric was not not good for leaky gut

9. Holly

Holly New Member

Over the last several years I have been getting very small white spots on sun exposed areas. The spots are so small, about 2-3 mm that I did not think they were vitiligo, rather just due to sun damage from my younger years. My mother also has these same spots. Anyone know if this is still considered vitiligo or if there is another name for this? Paleo and CT have not seemed to slow these down. I get more and more of them in the spring/summer. I'm thinking/hoping they are just a cosmetic problem and that they don't correlate with any leaky gut/autoimmune problem. I still wish they would go away though! Anyone else have these spots?

10. chocolate

chocolate Silver

Its a pigment eating fungus. You just smear like a selsun blue on it or head and shoulders.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/125258-tinea-versicolor/

A lot of us used you to get it when we went to the beach and thought it was spreading from beach towels. It came on me after a burn. It goes away toot sweet. At least for me, it did. Just paint it on like twenty minutes before your shower and lay saran wrap on it so you don't get it on everything and it doesn't dry.

11. TerrierMom

TerrierMom Gold

Wow interesting!

12. chocolate

chocolate Silver

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17134430

Photodamage of the skin: protection and reversal with topical antioxidants.

Burke KE.

Source

heather.nolan@gs.com

Abstract

Controversy exists as to whether topical antioxidants can be effective in protecting against and reversing photodamage to the skin. Topical vitamins C and E, as well as topical selenium, protect skin against sunburn, suntan and skin cancer and also reverse the mottled pigmentation and wrinkles of photoageing. However, only certain forms of these labile antioxidants are stable and active after percutaneous absorption. For effective topical application, vitamin C must be non-esterified, acidic and optimally at 20% concentration; vitamin E must be the non-esterified isomer d-alpha-tocopherol at 2-5% concentration. Selenium is only percutaneously absorbed and active when applied topically as l-selenomethionine, optimally at 0.02-0.05%. There are two great advantages in applying an active formulation of topical antioxidants to the skin. First, the skin attains far higher levels of each antioxidant than can be achieved by only taking these vitamins orally. The level of vitamin C attained in the skin by topical application is 20-40 times that achievable with oral vitamin C. With topical application, the concentration of vitamin E in the skin increases by a factor of 10.6 and selenium by a factor of 1.7. Second, topical application arms the skin with a reservoir of antioxidants that cannot be washed or rubbed off, a protection which stays in the skin for several days after application.

You can buy knock off knox gelatin and play around with making your own peels. It just paints on and showers off. It bondos your wrinkles also. Saran wrap is you friend. Whether its circadian or not.

Jamie S likes this.
  13. indigogirl

indigogirl Silver

Have you done this chocolate?

14. indigogirl

indigogirl Silver

Jamie S likes this.
  15. chocolate

chocolate Silver

I put all kinds of vitamins in the blender that I can't take that are supposed to be good for your skin. I definitely have done the vitamin c/e, not the melatonin yet. I've done the msm, I have had prescription shampoo... I don't know how I didn't know it was a selenium deficiency as well as sulphur. I figure if you can eat it, you can wear it. It makes your make up go on great and your skin just drinks it up. I used powdered buttermilk, my old oat meal, any thing for a carrier. Check out you tube... there are tons of make at home peels. Just the aspirin peels alone are killer... I need to do a little late spring cleaning. That one of a strawberry mashed with baking soda really does whiten your teeth, also. I get dreadful tea stains or something.

I think I'm getting the hang of taking melatonin. I am going to try the IP 6 , msm, melatonin and e next weekend. I'm inspired to get rid of all my excess iron and my skin is not exempt. Cocoa butter is supposed to cause apopsis or reversal on the brown spots also.

16. LinD

LinD New Member

DH developed vitiligo several years ago during a stressful time.... Long story short, since he's eating Paleo (no grains), it's not nearly as noticeable.

How do you suggest using the turmeric and pepper?

17. MJ*

MJ* New Member

I wonder if there is a product that contains these in the recommended doses? It's very interesting that you are making your own peels and vitamin creams...

18. chocolate

chocolate Silver

It just because they are cumulative... you can buy a lot of great stuff from Cell Bone... and a few others... like the tca for things, but I thought it was cosmetic more than curative... now that I know they are bad symptoms and indicators... I was leaving them alone and watching what was going on. Now I think I'm getting it about the leaky gut and iron overload. I just will go at it again. The stuff all goes away. It just comes back, if you aren't well. I was reading that the metals get deposited in the skin because its the most benign and will slough. So, in essence, you're chelating your skin. Anyway... I'm back to vanity and burning through otherwise obsolete supps. You have to get the old dead skin gone before it soaks in. The glycolic, kojic, and lactic acid all help in different ways. You do just as well at home everyday, IMO and never suffer. The oil of olay regenerist is a good start for night wrinkles. The formulas are getting better all the time. We shouldn't need them. Professional strength, I think you are better off at home than a salon also... You can jump in the shower at home and learn your tolerance.

Jamie S likes this.
  19. MJ*

MJ* New Member

great points, I will check out Cell Bone...thanks!

20. MJ*

MJ* New Member

Ok I just looked that is an unbelievable site, so amazed that they sell the glycolic at such high levels...I'd be afraid to try them , but it's good to know I could get the 20%...thanks for sharing that!