1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Vanity and face wrinkles!

Discussion in 'The Cave' started by jeanie@truelongmont.com, Apr 12, 2012.

1. Ok, so whole family is paleo and seasonal now. We have stopped chemicals -including sunscreen.

I wonder what you great minds know about face aging - I wear a little mineral powder for makeup, but that is it. I've also been soaking up as much sun as possible. Should I keep face out of sun if I want fewer wrinkles on face?

2. MartiD

MartiD New Member

I'd like to hear an answer to this as well. On a side note, have you noticed that you don't need sunscreen like you use to? I just got back from a week in Mexico and discovered it was actaully difficult for me to get color early on when I was using sunscreen. Normally I can burn if not careful but definately a different response now. The last two days I was determined to leave with some tan so I went without anything and did finally leave with a nice deep color. After two weeks it has barely faded! :cool:

3. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Cold is amazing for your body parts exposed to it.

Jamie S and Brent Patrick like this.
  4. indigogirl

indigogirl Silver

So face dunks every day?

5. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

I didn't use sunscreen at all last year. Didn't burn, either.

I've started using CO near my eyes, and I could swear that the crows feet are now less obvious.

I feel like I've found the fountain of youth!

Brent Patrick likes this.
  6. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I do a lot of dunking.....this AM I was late to a morning hack because I was dunking lots of things.

7. indigogirl

indigogirl Silver

Just thinking of what you might have been dunking made me laugh !

8. MJ*

MJ* New Member

Also your diet is great now and adds more protection...the BBC did an interesting piece on adding tomato paste to a woman's diet, and it reduced the free radicals in her system, and she was able to stay in the sun longer before burning!

9. Rhoswen

Rhoswen New Member

For me using coconut oil on my face keeps it looking super nice. I still have some acne, so I like to mix a little tea tree oil and a little coconut oil together in my hands at bed time after I wash my face. I wake up in the morning and my skin just looks so nice!

I'm a very pale, like a ghost, and a red head. I found that when I eat clean, I rarely burn in the sun ever even with no sunscreen. In fact, last summer when I stuck to the Paleo lifestyle, I actually got a tan lines on my feet and arms, even though most people still thought I was ghostly pale, haha! My mom thought the tan lines on my feet were hysterical cause it really did make my toes look super white, like porcelain.

I like to use an all natural cleanser on my face that I got from an Etsy seller right here and I use this toner. The cleanser smells DIVINE. When I use those with my coconut/tea tree oil combo, my skin looks great! Could probably skip the tea tree oil if you don't have any acne problems. :)

10. blue eyed redhead paleface here too. I too noticed that when I went paleo, and at the same time stopped using cleansers - no burns. My chest and face which are exposed more are redder and wrinkly in general. So even though we are not burning the same - I wonder if there is still any damage being done to wrinkly parts. None of the old people or cold people for that matter exactly look fresh faced and wrinkle free. This is keeping me doing my face-dunks tho - just in case!

11. shilohman

shilohman New Member

I still get sun whenever I can. Some of the sun damage on my face has cleared up. But I have several areas to work on. I gave up using face dunks and just put ice packs directly on my face in the appropriate places.

12. Rhoswen

Rhoswen New Member

Haha, this is true. I wonder what exactly makes some people wrinkle and some people not so much? If these cold adapted people are supposed to be very healthy, you'd think there skin would look healthy and (mostly) wrinkle free. But I also imagine these people don't try all the skin care regimens we would do. :)

I didn't used to like washing my face cause over the counter cleansers always seemed to make things worse... Drying out my skin, making my zits look even more inflamed, and then the pealing. Argh! I greatly enjoy the all natural products I've found. I actually look forward to washing my face at night.

When I wake up, I don't wash my face, but I spray rose water on my face, and wipe it down with a cotton ball. I actually didn't use ANY make up today since my skin is clearing up nicely! Still some red marks but no active acne.

13. Cron23

Cron23 New Member

Great thread. I switched to mineral makeup and all organic soaps. I have heard about using rose water and may pick some up today. I started using coconut oil as suntan lotion a couple years ago and have not burned since.

I have noticed my skin is much more taught since I started CTing and others have said so. Do you think spot CTing on the face has made wrinkles less noticable, Shilohman?

14. vera

vera New Member

One of the leading experts on vitamin d dr. michael holick says we don't absorb vitamin d all that well from facial skin. while it's too cold for short sleeves and shorts, i let the sun shine on my face with no sun block. once the sun gets stronger, i will wear a hat and expose my arms and legs. i don't mind all that much if my swag goes to sag. it's normal. if i start freaking out about it as it gets worse, i'll see a plastic surgeon and get injections or something.

15. Guest

Guest Guest

This lady looks awesome for 86..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6N07T-MEisM&feature=related[/video]][video=youtube_share;6N07T-MEisM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6N07T-MEisM&feature=related[/video]

What do you mean? :rolleyes:

16. thyme

thyme New Member

I often wear a visor when I'm outdoors for an extended period. I want sun on my hair and body but off my face, just in case.

17. ChristineKleiber

ChristineKleiber New Member

Granted I am 47, but I just had my second Moh's surgery in January to remove Basal Cell Carcinoma from my head. This is the most common form of skin cancer and given my age, I wanted to know if I could do BHRT or not with this type of cancer history. It turns out that estrogen is protective against BCC - although NOT true for other skin cancers. That would explain as my hormonal cascade was plummeting that voila I now have BCC. FWIW, I did NOT go BHRT as of yet. Instead I got serious about my Paleo/Primal and started the Leptin Rx with chronic low vit D as my major motivator.

On the vanity end of things... well I have a mini Mohawk growing where the 15 staples and skin graft put my head back together. I do use La Roche Posay's Mela -D for my face and also Le Roc's sensitive versions of Retinol about 50% of the time. I started those last Aug and that has aided some, but the biggest change came with the Leptin Rx - skin everywhere is better - except I think it is die off that is causing some erruptive eczema on my knuckles.

BCC doesn't usually kill, but it does disfigure. And watch the legs. For women the more serious skin cancers start there. So before shedding the sunscreens entirely, think how close you are to optimal and make sure you have your estrogen rocking its protective self.

18. Guest

Guest Guest

I read, a long time ago, that UofM did a study on what part of the skin absorbed Vitamin D the best and it was the back of the knees.

19. chocolate

chocolate Silver

20. chocolate

chocolate Silver

I saw a young girl with what I guess was vitiligo yesterday and the back of her knees and all of the perfume points where the blood vessels neared the surface was white. There rest was brown. IDK what to make of that. I knew Doc's CT thing. I was driving or I would have given her the website.