1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Vanilla pudding

Discussion in 'Spring Paleo Recipes' started by Inger, Apr 26, 2013.

1. Inger

Inger Silver

Here comes another delicious spring recipe, as in spring it is easy to get great eggs. :)

You need (1 serving);

4 pastured raw egg yolks
    1/2 teaspoon raw organic honey (or if you like, Stevia or another sweetener)
    The seeds from 1 organic vanilla bean
    About 2 tbsp raw pastured butter

Whisk the yolks foamy with the honey and the vanilla seeds. When it is thick and foamy, add one teaspoon at time from the butter (it needs to be on the soft side! So leave it out on a warm place for a while..), continue whisking until all the butter is used. Now it should have thickened and reduced a bit in amount. It is so fatty and creamy... m mm.

Serve with wild berries, fresh or thawed.

[​IMG]

I have never tried to make this with coconut oil, but it might work. At least ghee would work me thinks! One can also skip the butter / fat alltogether and enjoy the foam with berries as it is. That is what I eat a lot for dessert as I do not get raw butter easily, very yummy too! I often whisk a whole goose egg, yolk and white, with a little honey and eat with raw wild berries.

WalterNL and caroline like this.
  2. louisjesse

louisjesse New Member

This looks delicious may be i need to try out and let see how it comes up with

3. Hemming

Hemming New Member

Looks pretty good. I have to try it :)

4. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Interesting. No cream or milk, just butter. Thanks Inger, I might have a go at it.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2013
  5. Christina Gagnon

Christina Gagnon New Member

Raw dairy is illegal in my state - it's so annoying.