1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Valerie's Radical Mitochondriac Adventure

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by ValerieBee, Jul 23, 2017.

1. ValerieBee

ValerieBee Radical Mitochondriac

Thank you @JanSz ! I was reading the recent posts and listenting to the latest member webinar, digesting the vassopresin info. The pieces are coming together slowly in my head. I am at the stage where I feel it all connects, but it's like feeling around in the dark... i know I'm getting closer to my lightbulb moment where it all clicks and instead of struggling to hold my threads together, I'll suddenly see the beautiful quilt :) I appreciate the graphics. Printing to study offline.

2. ValerieBee

Labs finally accessible. I now have a patchwork of information, but I'll do with it what I can, and next round I'll hopefully be better equipped to order the most useful labs at the right time.

Here are the obvious wins--Vit D up from 20.6 in February to 29 in June! No supplements; only proper sunlight, earthing, blueblockers and other nnEMF mitigation. BOOM! I've had my Vit D tested sporadically over the last 5 years. In 2013 it was 21.8 ng/mL. In 2015 it was 21.1. I'm sure it's a safe bet it didn't spike up at any point, so this shift is a huge win, IMO. Onward to triple digits.

Also, my cellular dehydration is down from 13 to 9 B/C ratio. Slowly but surely getting better. RO Water, less nnEMF, better circadian habits.

Everything is in "normal" range, will be combing through the site and re-reading blogs to get a handle on what my #s really mean. I'll post here now, analysis later. For labs that were also done in Feb, posting in (). I'll be starting a spreadsheet to track my #s.

Day 13 of menstrual cycle. Collected June 6, 2018

Glucose 78 (Feb 83)
    BUN 9 (Feb 13)
    Creatinine 0.77 (.076) mg/dL
    B/C Ratio 12 (17 in Feb)
    Potassium 3.8 (4.2 in Feb) (was not cramping in Feb, was cramping at time of this test)
    CO2 23 mmol/L (24 in Feb)

Serum Testosterone 24 ng/dL
    Testosterone Free, Direct 1.9 pg/mL
    17-OH Progesterone LCMS 64 ng/dL
    SHBG 93.6 nmol/L

TSH 2.150 uIU/mL (1.31 in Feb 2018)
    T4, Free (Direct) 0.97 ng/dL
    Reverse T3 12 ng/dL
    T3 was not done :(

Vit B12 820 pg/mL

Still working on getting as much sun as possible. Planning homeschool lessons outside, apparently I might be "wildschooling" or "unschooling".. I've never cared much about labels, but I hear I'm a hippie. Still on the hunt for a work-from-home job to sustain this lifestyle and MOVE ASAP. Read @Jack Kruse 's FB post about the rocks under I-95...I always knew there was something wonky about that highway! Too much road rage and stupid driving.

My Spider Sense is tingling about 2 things going on on the homefront (1) crazy mushroom growth on the property. I know something nnEMF has changed, and I believe the ELF level has risen, but I do not know the source. (2) Dude and Child#2 have crazy ear wax for the last few months. Actually Dude has an ear infection that has not gone away despite 2 doc visits, abx & various drops.

I cannot find a specific link yet to nnEMF, but I suspect this is an inflammation issue. I am sleuthing.

In other news, was able to do some nude sunbathing this week! Feels heavenly to have the sun where the sun usually doesn't shine ;)

I'll leave you with a pic my son brought home in his bookbag... This is what he says about coloring in the lines. Apple didn't fall too far. This one is going right on the fridge, and then in the album I'm keeping to give to him when he's all grown up.
    Fyourlines.jpg

drezy likes this.
  3. JanSz

JanSz Gold

So, your cramping correlates with low potassium level.
    I wish I knew how to correct low potassium naturally,
    other than eating it or possibly getting some desmopressin.

Let me know if you figure it out.

But I am glad that at least now you know what to do when cramps come.
    ==================================================================
    Just do not overdo either.
    Either sodium salt (NaCL)
    or potassium salt (KCl)
    I did both.
    Both resulted in my feet swollen for couple days.

===========

4. ValerieBee

Regarding labs, wasn't just T3 not done, neither was Estradiol.. :( SO the good news is I found a practitioner to help with obtaining labs...bad news is they haven't been done right yet!

It's very clear to me that my hormones have been undergoing quite a change in the past year. Found a chart of my measurements that I did approximately 1 year ago, measured again. My bust decreased, my hips increased a few inches. Less hourglass, more pear. My weight has gone down (dipped this past year then went up again, which I'm attributing to winter+serious family stress distracting and depressing me). So this is actual data on what I believed I was observing--yay for keeping notes, yuck for the results. WRT the bust, I was more full with breastmilk 1 year ago as I was nursing and pumping, I am now only nursing on demand. The hips are 4.5" more though!

So what exactly is going on with the hormones, especially in the past year... well I did spend a ton of time in a hospital in 2017 (so UP nnEMF & down sunlight/earthing... also drank a ton of coffee and upped my alcohol intake), but it has been tapering in 2018. I had a ton of serious stress on the homefront that just would not stop--deaths, cancers, breakups, breakdowns, and the like. I also believe something has changed in my home environment, I'm about 20 mi outside of Philly, so not sure this is 5G rollout quite yet.

Regardless, I've been reading, re-reading and researching. Just re-read "What Might Casey Anthony and OJ Have in Common?" I fit the description of Adrenal Fatigue completely. Like, every single word. This did not strike me a year ago at first read. Doesn't take long to see how the events and my habits over the last couple of years lead to this. My DHEA hasn't been tested yet, but I think this is pretty clear. I was starting to explore the possibility of PCOS, Estrogen Dominance and the like. . But, By George, I think we got it. I will get labs done AGAIN, hopefully this time we can get the right data. This blog even mentions mineral deficiency...... I bought a home test kit to measure sex hormones & cortisol, so I'll do that as well, timed to be helpful with ordered Labs.

So something wonky with testosterone & estrogen especially I'd guess that changed my body fat deposition spots (to answer my questions about what triggers the body to store fat in different ways) ...Bigger thighs makes me think my E2 is going up, and I don't think the testosterone link is as direct with the visceral, but I'm pretty sure it plays that role. (printing to read
    Long-Term Testosterone Administration Increases Visceral Fat in Female to Male Transsexuals Jolanda M. H. Elbers Henk Asscheman Jacob C. Seidell Jos A. J. MegensLouis J. G. Gooren, The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism, Volume 82, Issue 7, 1 July 1997, Pages 2044–2047)

Interestingly, after my Mom passed, I snagged a book from her shelf "Tired of Being Tired," at the time not knowing it was about adrenal fatigue, and I never read it. I *just* put it in a donation bag this week... (A "HEY YOU!" from the Universe, huh?) Guess I'll pull it back out and see if it has any pearls in it.

One of the Adrenal Optimizing tips is "Laugh several times a day." I don't even think I laugh each day, let alone several..... Feel free to drop your favorite jokes and memes to help a Sister out :rofl:

20170707_085806.jpg

5. ValerieBee

New labs on hormones & cortisol (spit test, ZRT Labs)

Estradiol 3.2 pg/mL
    Progesterone 54 pg/mL
    Ratio Pg/E2 - 17
    Testosterone 33 pg/mL
    DHEAS 5.1
    Cortisol AM 6.3
    Cortisol PM .9

Everything is super low. My weight went down last year with EpiPaleo Rx/Leptin reset efforts, then had a super stressful situation in January--dropped a bunch of weight quickly but then it went right back up and now is fixed at 170. JK blogs indicate that's part of "adrenal fatigue"-fat burning is not occuring. Low cortisol is as well. Visceral fat accumulation. I stopped all alcohol for some time and my weight still did not budge. It's not varying as much during my menstrual cycle either.

Now I'm guessing the mitigation I've been doing wrt nnEMF is simply not able to keep up with the rapidly increasing nnEMF environment I'm in. Working on a permanent move, but until that is possible, the only hack I can do is to drive around and find places with minimal nnEMF close to home, and do as much camping as possible, and see how that affects things.

Homeschooling, seeking remote/flextime work, reducing screen time, upgrading my Uvex's to some Ra Optics.

ScottishEmma likes this.
  6. ScottishEmma

ScottishEmma Silver

Also, homeschooling is bloody exhausting! I'm only two days in to our "offical" start of homeschooling. E-X-HAUSTING :)

Take it easy x

7. ValerieBee

Life has taken me on a roller coaster for the past few years. This happens when you start to own your life and lean in to the waking up/growth process (no matter how "woke" you thought you were before that...there is a tipping point, so to speak, at least in my experience and that of many I've observed/talked with). Chronic stress and mold exposure had me at early Hashimoto's last year. Put that into remission already. In the past year, following my n=1 my vit D went from around 20 (it was in the teens from my first vit d test in 2012 until 2018ish when i started learning how to use the sun) to 47 ng/mL at my labs a couple of weeks ago. Sunrise, early morning exposure as much as momlife allowed, high noon sun worship. Kicked it into high gear during the covid year. Have been homeschooling since 2018 to reduce screen/nnEMF exposure (well, really, unschooling or wildschooling if we want to label). Found a great functional medicine dr locally that helped dx my partner w Celiac in 2018, me w Hashi in 2019..but he's retiring this month. :( The chronic stress is not going away so that slows things. My sister developed WKS and I am now her caregiver. Other life things still taking me for a ride. But I am finally learning about self care on a deep level, which is MESSY. SO MUCH MESSY. I've learned about trauma and nervous system dysregulation, and techniques to discharge. Chose to walk away from my profession to focus on my & my family's physical & mental health. And now 2021 gave me a pause where I can consider what I'm doing next. I haven't been posting but I never left. I have just done the best I can, which gets better every day. Stopped sunscreen & sunglasses in 2017 & started learning how to get proper sun exposure & now I and my boys have that asset until Bill Gates blocks out the sun. Nowadays I'm sunbathing naked in PA by March. My kiddo who had cancer, whose path facilitated me finding JK's work, is coming up on 4 years NED and working on his 1-armed pull ups. He is loving Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. He's a "miracle," and he truly is, but a miracle supported by mitochondriac ways, whether his drs (or family or friends) acknowledge that or not. My partner w Celiac has his gut back in line mostly (OMG that gut-brain connection!) so we're back to our outdoor adventures and in fact just bought an amazing tandem bike today. (Check out the Hase Pinot if you're into such things.) Not a lot of time to post tonight, just wanted to say hello again. I went Gold and I'm back on the forum.

caroline and John Schumacher like this.
  8. JanSz

JanSz Gold

You are in PA USA
    schwab.com.
    Using computer open 2 accounts at Schwab, cash, and IRA
    (Spending total under 2 hrs, call Schwab). Tell the guy on the other side of your phone, to hold your hand and help you move your IRA to your Schwab IRA account.
    2 - 3 days later you will be able to buy.
    Buy:
    GBTC and MSTR, or only GBTC (to make it simpler). Buy at the market.
    As much as you can, as fast as you can.

ValerieBee and John Schumacher like this.
  9. caroline

caroline Moderator

Lovely Valerie ....thanks for catching us up on your adventures!:)

ValerieBee likes this.
  10. ValerieBee

So here I am thinking I'd be able to jump in actively again, and instead I missed my first Gold call because my dad had a stroke. Ischemic. Is recovering ridiculously well, as it was caused by a plaque breaking up from his PAD. Has Broca's Aphasia. But mobility is great and cognition is relatively intact. Brought him home today and he's resting.

So... @JanSz you mentioned the GBTC and MSTR. I plan on the latter, but I'm wondering about GBTC vs simply investing in BTC. I started investing directly, have a Trezor, plan on HODL. Is the GBTC to hedge? I'm on a steep learning curve with this, while I'm also doing my caregiving. Fingers crossed that I can do the live call next month. But JanSz, if you know off the top of your head which threads of calls I should refer to first, i would be much obliged. I don't know that I have enough to open an account with Schwab.

Will post more later, on my own health. Right now my main goals are weight loss, perpetual increase of Vit D, and I'm doing somatic work to release traumas and have had quite a ride with that. I've been doing CT--I can sit in a 38 degree F bath for 10 minutes. Haven't had an opportunity to get the water colder yet. That was tap water with 2 bags of ice dumped in. Tried a little of the WHM and found the breathing exercises to be a bit crazy. Very interesting to test out though. I saw a thread or two on that here, perhaps will post more later.

caroline and Richard Watson like this.
  11. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Sorry about your Dad.
    ---------------------
    There are plusses and minuses of owning either BTC or GBTC. (Personally, I hate running around with wallets and having to remember passwords). Stuff like that what happened to your Dad may not only leave me sick but also penniless with one move.
    If you are able to buy BTC directly, that seems to be a better choice (moneywise). You should be able to enjoy all the bitcoin gains.
    When you buy GBTC you will make less because you have to share profits with GreyScale who is running it (and taking a bigger cut that is advertised. That part is supposed to be somewhat corrected (shortly??) since Greyscale is promising to convert GBTC into ETF.
    I am not sure how good the choice is to have MSTR.
    I have a small portion of it. Got it when someone who was looking for alternatives asked @Jack Kruse about it, and that was only Jack's second choice. I think that I will get rid of MSTR and buy GBTC with the proceeds.
    -----------------
    Maybe not. MSTR went today (+18.14%)
    while GBTC (+6.08%)

Last edited: Apr 13, 2021
    ValerieBee and John Schumacher like this.
  12. ValerieBee

@JanSz I appreciate your reply. It's in line with what I was thinking. More later.

13. ValerieBee

Things aren't final yet, but it looks like I might have an opportunity to finally change my terrain. Should know in a month. Keep your fingers crossed for me. In the interim, diving into shielding paint, sauna (Sauna Space? Heavenly Heat?), and reverse osmosis whole-house system. The property has a relatively good starting point meter-reading-wise, but I really want the place to be a haven for health and healing. My stress level has been through the roof the past few years but things are shifting and it is time for healing.

If you were moving to a new home, what would be your must-haves for healing? The place is surrounded by trees, but some nice sun by the house for sunbathing. Will set up for no wi-fi.

John Schumacher likes this.
  14. JanSz

JanSz Gold

I had cut out all the trees whose shade would fall on the home or if they would fall, they could reach my house.
    Have a place at the back of my house where I can sunbathe naked.
    Good idea to have some tall trees nearby, they may absorb lightning.
    House is oriented E-W, the backyard is on the southern side, all year, sunrise to sunset, under the sunlight.
    It is a private area, one entrance, one exit only, no thru traffic.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2021
    ValerieBee likes this.
  15. ValerieBee

Yes, there is a clearing where the house is, and most trees that have been cut down are on the eastern (back) side of the property. it's just right. There are a lot of tall trees around, especially in the front.

16. Even though I live is a "rich" EMF zone (California), the trees I planted 20 years ago are full grown and provide what seems to be good EMF shelter. Also, my neighbors don't have to see my exposed self; even my lovely wife will let her girls see some sun, which by the way is a beautiful improvement...

ValerieBee likes this.