1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

UV Tanning Beds?

Discussion in 'Feedback/Suggestions' started by Purple Haze, Apr 24, 2016.

1. Seattlelite here: are some types of tanning beds better than others? Dr. Mercola recommends UVB tanning beds or light panels. Don't know if there is a low EMF option.

I wonder if the quantlet will alter our need for this?

2. Johnny DeMarco

Johnny DeMarco New Member

What do folks think about supplementing with ascorbate powder in addition to tanning?

3. kyrakitty

kyrakitty New Member

Hi Curves,

You said:

"I bought lizard lights with UVB and decided to use a tanning bed once a week for 20 minutes.

I retested a few weeks ago and upped my Vit D to 44.2. Considering the low UV in Oregon during the winter I'm considering this a success."​

That is a very impressive increase in your Vit D levels. If you are still doing this I have four questions for you... if you have time and feel like sharing. I know we are each individuals and it might not apply to me but I am curious about the following:
    1. Does the combination of the lizard lamps and tanning bed once a week still work for you?
    2. How long do you use the lizard lamps for in a day?
    3. How many days a week do you use the lizard lamps?
    4. How far from your head and feet do you place the lizard lamps?
    Thank you very much for sharing your experience with the lizard lamps :)

4. Johnny DeMarco

Johnny DeMarco New Member

Hi David, You mentioned you change your diet slightly on the days you tan. Other than being very hydrated, and generalities you can share about your macros prior to tanning? Maybe some ascorbate powder ?
    JD

5. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Using a supplement like this where he lives makes no sense at all. Now if he lived within of 10 degrees of the equator this would be fine. This is why fruits grow inside the tropics all year long.

6. malc0088

malc0088 4th dimension

Hey Johnny,
    i've used a tanning bed a couple times this winter so far (I live in KS), and I've found a routine that works well. I start the day by locking in with the sun in the AM in the cold with as little clothing as possible, hydrate well on SP all day, load up on DHA from oysters and Sardines, and then I do some form of CT and follow it up with 5-7 min. of a high UV B bed (I would ideally do it in the late morning/noon, matching when the sun would emit UV, but I can't get away from work, so i end up going around 3pm). I've noticed that when i just go tan and I don't load up on DHA, hydrate well, and do CT first, the effects I feel (which are incredibly noticeable) don't stay with me very long and i get really warm in the booth (thought not sweating). With the routine, I go maybe 1x per week for only 5 min. and I absorb the UV very well and feel charged up and I continue to CT in some form everyday which I think aids in holding the UV charge. This has helped to cut back on the trade off of nn-emf exposure. For winter in KS, I've got a decent solar callus, but a tanning bed is not the answer, and I know that. Full Spectrum Sun is the answer.

I tested the routine out when we went to Colorado for NYE, rented a cabin in the mountains, and did my routine, except that I sun bathed at 8500 ft. for about 3-4 hours....I actually got a tan and never burned. This is similar to Scompys video from the PNW where he picked up UV on his meter.

I plan to head south in Feb. to get more real UV from the sun for a few days, and probably back up to altitude one more time before UV is back in KS in March.

I need to get my Vit D labs done to see where I'm at...so far I've gone off of intuition. As I get away from looking to food as the answer and put more effort into the 3 legged stool, I've found my biological antenna is better tuned into nature. Hope this helps.

Johnny DeMarco likes this.
  7. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

You got to measure the bed for nnEMF before mitohacking it. Key point most ignore.

8. Inger

Inger Silver

I measured the tanning beds I used last winter and they are at least way better than sitting in the train...lol But of course not ideal. I need to check again to see what the exact values were. I guess around 10 milligauss..... Have not used tanning beds this winter because I am out of money :mmpft: