1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

UV C light bulbs?

Discussion in 'Beginners Area' started by DC Hacker, Oct 26, 2017.

1. DC Hacker

DC Hacker New Member

I'm trying to hack my mornings since the shorter light cycles are beginning, and I am up and at work usually before the sun rises. Starting my mornings later isn't really an option.

First of all, is UV-C in the morning even necessary? Does UV-C show up in the AM sunlight?

If it is necessary in the morning, can anyone tell me if UV-C lights are a good idea or bad idea? Every source I can find online, aside from Dr. Kruse's blogs, say that all UV-C is absorbed by the atmosphere and can be dangerous to us. They also say UV-A and UV-B are dangerous, which is why I don't believe UV-C is bad, or at least as bad as what they claim.

Thanks in advance.

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

No UV-C is not needed.

UV-c is the dangerous part of the visible spectrum and it is the smallest part of it.

3. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

UV A and B are not dangerous when they are with the other parts of the solar spectrum. When you take them away from theother frequency's then they can be dangerous if you do not know what youre doing

4. DC Hacker

DC Hacker New Member

Thanks for the reply Dr. Kruse.

Would you recommend adding red light to the UVA (from LED black light) in the morning? If so, do the wavelengths of generic red LEDs vary greatly to the point that some would be more beneficial or harmful? Or is it OK as long as it is red?

5. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Depends upon context. I have discussed this aspect of hacks in member Q&A's

DC Hacker likes this.
  6. Olav

Olav Gold

So UV-C is harmful for us?

From one of your post: "UVC light makes things with mass much hotter, so this would heat up mitochondria and it causes more heat release in our colony of mitochondria to have major effects on cytosolic water. UVC light stimulates mitochondrial biogenesis by stimulating autophagy." So there can be some beneficial with UVC in the right circumstance?

Thanks.

7. Jake Tassell

Jake Tassell New Member

Random web-rip....

"The use of UVC technology for sterilization and disinfection has been in mainstream use since the 1950s in medical sanitization and large-scale water sterilization application. These applications use mercury lamps to generate light with a wavelength of 253.7nm. This has a germicidal effect that disrupts the DNA of bacteria, effectively killing them by stopping them reproducing. UVC provides an effective, safe, and chemical-free method of sterilization."

Hmmm, "disrupts the DNA of bacteria", sounds a bit chance-y to me. They don't even give it the regulation "kills-bad-bacteria-but-leaves-good-bacteria-miraculously-unscathed" spiel.

Your life is your experiment.

8. Olav

Olav Gold

Dosent UV in generally cause some kind of damage, but as long your regeneration programs are functioning in your body, then it can maybe some beneficial with it.

Some other post from Jack:

"Sunlight releases 250-780 nm light. 250-270 nm light is UVC light"
    "Tyrosine absorbs UV light 260-289 nm"
    "EZ absorbs ideally at 270 nm = UV light."
    "UVC light stimulates mitochondrial biogenesis by stimulating autophagy"

"UVC light makes things with mass much hotter, so this would heat up mitochondria and it causes more heat release in our colony of mitochondria to have major effects on cytosolic water. People forget water has a massive heat capacity so it can absorb massive amounts of heat without its temperature rising. That energy is used to build a structure in water that can act as a battery, a mirror, a motor, to move things suspended in it with mass. That is how it affects the things that are nano-engines in mitochondrion like the ATPase or cytochrome c oxidase."

Last edited: Nov 12, 2017
  9. Olav

Olav Gold

10. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

We need very little UV-c and it has been shown in bio-photon research that the Ultraweak biophoton spectrum of man is 200-800nm.

This tells us there is a use for UV-C light inside of us and we have a way of creating UV light from 250-400nm because that is all the UV spectrum we get in the sun. So cells are able to frequency shift and I bet is has something to do with condensed matter effects of a plasma in some way.

Antonis, Leland Stillman and seanb4 like this.
  11. kris90

kris90 New Member

Some clues here that nobody picked up on. And now we have the answers (Vermont 2018).

Leland Stillman, Antonis and Rubicon like this.
  12. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

yes we do.

kris90 and Leland Stillman like this.