1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Use of ORP Meters

Discussion in 'Redox Rx' started by persistence, Jul 10, 2014.

1. persistence

persistence New Member

Does anyone have anything good or bad to say about using an ORP meter to measure urine to get at whether body is in an oxidizing or reducing state?

2. Jonathin

Jonathin Gold Member

ORP meters can be difficult to keep on an accurate calibration. It is a bit of an inference to go from the orp of urine to the orp of cells. I would say how you feel, say first thing in the morning, might be a good indicator as you should be chemically reducing in cells all night.

3. persistence

persistence New Member

I'm definitely having calibration problems. I will end up needing two meters to cross reference to detect when I am out of calibration.

I guess the question is if you are at some extreme ORP reading, does that suggest a stress on the body that might reflect cellular reduction/oxidation? If anyone has done a study on this I would love to see it. It appears that ORP meters are mainly a thing of naturopaths and the supporting science may be poor.

I did get a conductivity meter, to help balance out hydration and electrolytes. That thing is fantastic. It finds dehydration quickly and helps me see when I am overdosing on electrolytes.

4. dantothep

dantothep Follow life's little clues...

I'm Interested to more behind this, what is your method and reasoning?

5. persistence

persistence New Member

Conductivity meters are basically just looking at electrolytes in your urine to determine your water status.

If it is too conductive then drink more water. If the urinary conductivity is below normal, the usual interpretation is electrolyte depletion.

I don't use it anymore. I was going through a critical health crisis at the time I was using this two years ago where my body could not retain water and I was constantly dehydrated. Doctors couldn't figure out what was going on with me. I was using the conductivity meter to make sure I did not over or under hydrate since I was drinking large quantities of water around the clock. Overhydrating was as much of a risk for me in this circumstance as underhydrating.

6. dantothep

dantothep Follow life's little clues...

Thanks for getting back to me.