1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Upper limit of ct

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by sfast, Aug 1, 2016.

1. sfast

sfast New Member

Hello dear CT practitioners,

is there a ceiling of CT benefits? I'm not talking about performance. So not piss competition (hope it is the right metaphor in English).

I do CT for 3-4h a day during sommer but less intense. I work during the morning with a ice block (ca. 5-6kg) on my body alternating the position every 30min (chest and back). I am looking forward to winter to intensify again and do ice baths. I have a tub on my balcony and prepared a creek for some CT to be more connected to nature.

I plan two sessions. One in the morning and one in the evening of ice baths 20-30min each. I am wondering if it is reasonable to continue my CT during work (ice block on chest and back) which means an additional but less intense 3-4h a day.

I am have no health issues. It is to add to my regime of antifragilization (consist of 3x/day training, fasting, fasted training, mental training etc. so pretty demanding at least for me).

I am not a cold fetishist. So, if it would not add any substantial benefit, I'd be more conservative. If there are not good reason the exclude such a (extrem?) practice, I'd explore this realm and share my experiences.

Best of Luck
    Sascha

Catalin likes this.
  2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

CT truly has no limits as far as I am concerned. It has a seasonal variability and it also has a latitude effect that is 100% tied to your coupling efficiency but even with all that said I cannot think of any time where I would say no........you dont need it.

3. CTforlife

CTforlife New Member

Speaking only from personal experience: CT only gets better and better and seemingly you could do it for infinity and still get healthier. That's my experience....

4. Butters

Butters New Member

I think if you die from hypothermia it was too much ;)

5. sfast

sfast New Member

Perhaps a point of diminishing returns?