1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Universe activity influencing human behavior

Discussion in 'The Cave' started by jeanie@truelongmont.com, Nov 4, 2012.

1. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

I've been a closet science junky since I discovered it at 7. Plate tetonics, ice ages the dinosaurs, the seasons Rhetorical physics is fascinating Nature has so much to teach us if we open our eyes and listen to what she whispers on the wind

2. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Hahaha. Little did she realize there's a lot "woo-woo" as she calls it in science. When you know and understand history and how it interacts w/science you not only can anticipate what might happen but you can also prevent repeating the same mistakes

3. Same destination. Different Paths. Probably good that I'm earning my keep today instead of composing my manifesto on here. I can't pontificate at all on tapa-talk!

4. Michael

Michael Super Moderator

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2012/10/01/experts-meet-to-debunk-mayan-calendar-end-world-stories/

Calm down. The car won't explode, fortunately.

5. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

LOL! I wasn't referring to the end of times 'prophesies" I was addressing the fact that the maya were far more aware of physics, astronomy and the seasonal cycles... just b/c they didn't make another calendar doesn't mean its the end of days. I was also asking about the impact of the galactic alignment w/respect to the 4phases Jack was talking about... I'm not a believer of the end of times. pure rubbish... though you do have to admit from the scientific perspective this Winter Solstice is a very special event. The sun will rise - unless the Galactic Empire blows it up with their new Death Star.... LOL!

6. Michael

Michael Super Moderator

More aware of than whom? The Aztecs, say? Or the Toltec? And however that might be, what of it?

And what was all the numerology supposed to be about?

I could find you any amount of dates in any random list of numbers. It doesn't signify anything.

7. ealachan

ealachan New Member

I have a good understanding of plate tectonics. What doesn't make sense to me is how radiation from the sun would "rubberize" the plates. That doesn't make any sense to me. Not saying it's impossible, just saying I don't buy it until I find some literature to read about it. It seems...far-fetched, to say the least.

8. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

The inner core and mantle would super heat.......

9. Entelechy

Entelechy New Member

the earth gets constantly whacked with 174 petawatts of solar energy, constantly, every second of every day, and varying less than 0.2% for thousands of years.

a variance of even 0.1% is 1.74 petawatts.

every, nuclear, hydro electrc, thermal powerplants, all cars, trucks, warships, toasters and birthday candles all together put out 0.016 petawats of power,

a hurricane, 0.1 petawatts

The only Woo Woo is believing the sun does't affect every facet of our existence.

10. Entelechy

Entelechy New Member

just looked it up,

The Canadian Journal of Infectious Diseases. 2001, shows correlation between flu pandemics and the 11-year sunspot cycle with a 4fold higher incidence of pandemics at solar peaks. Some of the epidemics studied where in years 1729, 1830, 1918, 1957, 1968 and 1977, all years with statistically significant higher than normal solar activity.

due to the small sample size, the statistical confidence in correlation over random chance is only 98%

11. RiverNeighbor

RiverNeighbor New Member

When the sun becomes a red giant the Earth will probably experience that massive amount of radiation.... if it's hard to think of it rubberizing the plates just look at how the radiation liquified the uranium core at Fukushima

12. ealachan

ealachan New Member

But that's totally beside the point, because the majority of life on Earth will be long gone at that point anyway. Plus, I don't think the Earth has enough mass to become a red giant anyway, does it? I feel a trip to the library coming on...I love this stuff. :)

13. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

you assume that......i dont Life on this planet might be able to escape it and learn from it.

14. ealachan

ealachan New Member

I think optimism, like everything else, has a point of diminishing returns...;)

15. on this topic, in my business the "business" seems to come in groups too. The old adage of when it rains it pours. Just as this board heated up this weekend, people started communicating more. . .people out in the world probably started feeling motivated to DO stuff. (hive behavior?)

So, I really would love to spend the day responding to all of yesterdays stuff - but alas, it's pouring here - and just for fun I looked at my agencies "booked showings", it's a great benchmark for a hot day on the market. Sure enough, this weekend was a giant bump in showings. And the house that has no action for two weeks that I was going to steal for a client - now has multiple offers so I'm off to hunt and kill. I'm most assuredly warrior, I love this kind of battle.

Even in a really down market, that ugly little house with no action usually gets lots of interest on the same days. It's like something in the universe tells people. . .GO FORTH AND NEST!

16. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Lol........

17. RiverNeighbor

RiverNeighbor New Member

Uh oh.... And mercury is about to go into retrograde

18. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

communications will go to crap! oh noes!

19. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

That's ok, we have the new planet Selenium that will fix that.

20. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

That's snappy!!! I like it. Is there an iodine in this new planetary system?