1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Understanding my Lab Work for upcoming doctor appointment

Discussion in 'Optimal Labs' started by Erikthered, May 9, 2019.

1. Erikthered

Erikthered New Member

I am hoping to understand my hormone lab work a with little more depth so that I can make informed decisions and ask the right questions when I meet with my hormone doctor. I am also attaching other labs that may or may not be relevant and a summarized SNP page (I have the full SNP profile if that’s needed as well). I am 34, I was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis a few years ago although I estimate I have had the symptoms for several years now. I have had a history of obesity weighing up to 300 lbs at some points in my life. I am 5’9” 180 lbs now. I have dramatically improved my inflammation from UC in the last two years. My focus has been cold therapy, blocking blue light, grounding, natural sunlight, avoiding EMF, increasing seafood, intermittent fasting and a mostly ketogenetic diet with epi-paleo rx principals rolled in. I also use turmeric and resveratrol to help with the inflammation. I recently had a low testosterone reading at 344 so I opted to speak with a Bioidentical hormone doctor and run a full panel (attached). I am struggling to understand all of the results and hope to be equipped to understand what my labs are saying so that I don’t just have one doctor’s opinion to run with.

Attached Files:

2. Erikthered

Erikthered New Member

More lab info

Attached Files:

3. Erikthered

Erikthered New Member

And more blood work

Attached Files:

4. Erikthered

Erikthered New Member

More

Attached Files:

5. Erikthered

Erikthered New Member

More

Attached Files:

6. Erikthered

Erikthered New Member

Attached Files:

7. JanSz

JanSz Gold

I am 5’9” 180 lbs now.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Unless you are body builder (which is another problem)
    Your acceptable weight can be found in table below.
    Also
    aim at
    fasting insulin in low single digits
    homocysteine 6-7

upload_2019-5-10_9-1-33.png

This may or may not help;
    If it is hard to see
    try this link:
    https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/pg-e2-ratio.6427/page-4
    upload_2019-5-10_8-58-46.png

Last edited: May 10, 2019
    Erikthered likes this.
  8. JanSz

JanSz Gold

9. JanSz

JanSz Gold

I suggest that you redo this analysis using

https://dutchtest.com/

EDIT
    Do that after you have satisfactory vit d level.

upload_2019-5-10_9-13-57.png

upload_2019-5-10_9-11-17.png

Erikthered likes this.
  10. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Before you see doctor again
    get
    naturally
    to above 100
    upload_2019-5-10_9-16-43.png

Erikthered likes this.
  11. Erikthered

Erikthered New Member

What is a good way to do that? I seem to struggle with increasing vitamin d. During the sunny months I can be found in the sun with little clothing more than any person I know. Usually an hour or so each afternoon, several hours on the weekend and I fit in another weekly mid day exposure for several hours usually. I did notice my mood declined quite a bit over the winter with the inability to get as much sun. I eat a lot of salmon and eggs as well. Are there other ways to increase to vitamin d levels? Is it possible my ulcerative colitis is affecting the vitamin d level in my body?

12. Erikthered

Erikthered New Member

Thank you for the reply and information. I have been an avid weight lifter for nearly 20 years. I have modified my workout routine from 2 hours a day (tons of inflammation) to 20-30 minutes a day about 9 months ago. I don’t seem to be losing much of my lean body mass and I am sitting at about a 17/18% body fat percentage.

Lowering my insulin may be a challenge, I am open to ideas. I eat very little carbohydrates and prefer coconut oil, coconut cream and animal fat as my primary fuel source.

Are there any good threads or advice on lowering homocysteine?

13. JanSz

JanSz Gold

About seafood.
    Get first:
    Fatty Acid Profile, Comprehensive (C8-C26), Serum
    Then make decision.

Before you dx your self as a case of hard to raise vit D work on it. Work real hard, you life depends on it.

This is another way of saying that you do not see enough real sunlight.
    Exposure to real sunlight is the most important part of this story.

Marko Pollo and recoen like this.
  14. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Try eating once a day, always at about same time, do that during time when sun is up.
    Skip wheat, white potatoes, sugar and other high glycemic index carbs.

https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/pg-e2-ratio.6427/page-4#post-199957

upload_2019-5-10_12-39-15.png

recoen likes this.
  15. Novah

Novah Gold

High homocysteine can be an indication of low B12 levels. You may want to get your B12, folate etc checked. Google low B12, high homocysteine and see what comes up. High homocysteine can be brought down with B12 shots etc.

You live in Sacramento, California? I'm sure you know that Dr. JK is not a fan of that part of the world...

If you've got UC, this book is worth a read:
    https://www.amazon.com/Why-Doesnt-D...lman&qid=1557546288&s=gateway&sr=8-1-fkmrnull

All the best :)

16. JanSz

JanSz Gold

And other items.

17. Erikthered

Erikthered New Member

18. Erikthered

Erikthered New Member

I do have low B and folate. Is B12 shots the way to go verses dietary solutions?

19. Erikthered

Erikthered New Member

Thank you! Yes unfortunately I live on the outskirts of Sacaramento. I plan on moving but have made some improvements in my location over time. Until that is Sacramento started experimenting with the 5g technology. Thanks for the book recommendation.

20. JanSz

JanSz Gold