1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Understanding Jack's Sunrise

Discussion in 'Beginners Area' started by lilreddgirl, Dec 1, 2015.

1. lilreddgirl

lilreddgirl New Member

I need help to understand Jack's quote a little more... I think I may get it some, but maybe not at all really ?

"What does full spectrum sunlight destroy naturally in humans? UV light lowers adrenalin and norepinephrine the stress hormone of the sympathetic nervous system. What else does it do at the same time inside a cell to improve the EZ? UV photons re zip collagen that cortisol initially released at 4AM to begin the process of waking us up. Why does that occur? Because blue light stimulates water flows through AQA-4 gates between glial cells and neurons to wake us up. That process needs to be curbed by light and nothing else. When it is not curbed, seizures can occur. Depression can also present as a symptom. This is why vagal stimulation works to curb seizures and treat depression too! Light between 465nm and 500 nm began to unwind to wake our body and mind up at dawn from sleep. AM sunrise has equal parts of blue, green and red light. The blue light balanced by red light is what wakes us and turns on hormone release in the pituitary gland. Uv light is what turns the effect off........and make depression better."

Breaking this down
    • 'What does full spectrum sunlight destroy naturally in humans?'
    - the answer is... that UV light ( which in this case may be meant analogous or just referred to as part of full spectrum) 'destroys' adrenalin and norepinephrine.

• 'UV also re-zips collagen that cortisol unzipped starting at 4 am. This rezipping improves EZ'

• 'Why does that occur? Bec Blue light stimulates water flows between glial cells and neurons'
    - Why does what occur?
    the rezipping by UV? why is Blue light mentioned here since it's not UV. Does the Blue light stimulating water flows are what the rezipping is... or is it that UV stops this process of Blue light stimulated water flows?

• 'That process needs to be curbed by light and nothing else'
    - What is that process ? is it 1. the stimulated waterflows by Blue light? or conversely
    2. the cortisol release ? and the stimulated water flows are what curb it... ?

• 'This is why vagal stimulation works to curb seizures and treat depression too!' - why? is it because vagal stimulation also curbs the cortisol ala BAB (so its not just curbed by light and nothing else in that case)

• 'Light between 465nm and 500 nm began to unwind to wake our body and mind up at dawn from sleep.' - this light is Blue. it's not UV, right? or is it ?

• 'The blue light balanced by red light is what wakes us and turns on hormone release in the pituitary gland. Uv light is what turns the effect off........and make depression better.'
    - What effect? is it

the blue + red stimulated hormone release,
    UV light turns OFF this release? why would the hormone release have anything to do with depression... Waking is not depressive.

Is UV present along with the blue and red? I thought it would be present at sunrise... or is it just blue green red at sunrise, and UV shows up later to stop the 'waking up' that blue + red caused...

Or 2. is the 'effect' still meant to be the cortisol release

is UV here used to mean the morning sunrise turning the 'effect' off - the effect still being cortisol release?

Last edited: Dec 1, 2015
    David Limacher and Brother John like this.
  2. lilreddgirl

lilreddgirl New Member

Come on folks, I know somebody gets it :) hehe help me clarify it!

Even if I don't understand it, I'm getting that AM sunlight = good

3. Joe Gavin

Joe Gavin Face Everything And Rise

UV light increases and then decreases as day progresses. Without the Proper UV signals the hormone cascade gets out of whack. The body works on coupled interactions. Up regulation and down regulation of hormones to run the body take their cue from the light environment. Constant blue light will throw it off causing issues. The UV tells the hormones to chill. We are awake. Go do you other things. Without that, madness.

4. lilreddgirl

lilreddgirl New Member

" The UV tells the hormones to chill. We are awake" Aha! so the UV does take down the - wake up! - effect of the blue light.

Knowing that, we someone want to look at sunrise for the - wake up! - effect and then look at light a little later 8 - 11 for the - chill, we are awake - effect?

5. Joe Gavin

Joe Gavin Face Everything And Rise

Yep. That will work! Our cells and hormones absorp a full range of light spectrums, so full sunlight is best to get.

6. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Content of full sunlight vary throughout the day.
    It also differ with latitude and length of seasons.
    Assuming that our bodies were designed in vicinity of lake Victoria that is (equator),
    full sunlight everywhere else is always deficient.
    Jack lives on Bourbon street New Orleans. Latitude 29.9500° N
    That is rather low latitude, still within subtropics. Below 38 parallel.
    Yet, he feels that his available sunlight is deficient and uses supplemental UV light.
    The statement:
    " The UV tells the hormones to chill. We are awake" Aha! so the UV does take down the - wake up!

May need some clarification.
    IIRC, Jack mentioned that supplemental UV we can receive anytime of the day.
    Jack's have shown picture of UV bulb is his daughter's bedroom.
    I do not want to use UV at night, tried, bother's me, possibly there may be some blue content.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2015
  7. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I have a blog in the time series with a pic of how I do UV and IR

seanb4 likes this.
  8. JanSz

JanSz Gold

9. lilreddgirl

lilreddgirl New Member

So far I gather that UV bulb use is for during the day only - Infrared and Blacklight use is for all times including night. Still not sure what bulbs would work best for me and am scared to make mistakes.

10. lilreddgirl

lilreddgirl New Member

not sure if it's on the blog, but I think it might be a pic I saw recently of Jack in a dark room in a tub, by a window with light outside, and holding a red light underneath the water.

11. JanSz

JanSz Gold

I remember that picture.
    Hmm, red light in the water.
    If that is IR light, I am little confused.
    IR=heat
    That IR would just heat, raise temperature of (CT cold) water.
    I thought that it was some kind of red light.
    From what I seen here, two frequencies are discussed.
    650 visible red
    850 nearly invisible IR

If I would be using IR-A I would do it in the air, sauna, rather than spa.

I have red light.
    RubyLux ALL RED High Intensity LED Bulb 640 to 660nm

-------
    The other picture I remember was UV light bulb.

12. lilreddgirl

lilreddgirl New Member

JanSz - what are you doing with your Red light? Is it just for night time use - to avoid blue - or does it Do something extra healing wise ?
    I am confused about the different lights and how to use the light spectrum also. For example I thought there were LEDs with IR so that it wouldn't heat, but other times I hear that IR=heat as well... so confusing.

13. JanSz

JanSz Gold

I am just guessing as for health implications.
    I assume that Quantlet have one of them or both, (red, IR).

IR-A is not visible. Single frequency, specially at 850nm likely does not heat much human body or water.

The efficiency of the infrared heater depends on matching the emitted wavelength and the absorption spectrum of the material to be heated. For example, the absorption spectrum for water has its peak at around 3000 nm.
    So the IR lights in sauna likely have higher frequency than 850nm.

The red light that I have I use on my left hand. My thumb joint hurts a little.
    No definite conclusion yet, I think it makes little of positive difference. Need more time.
    It gives decent light at night.
    ------------------------------
    650 visible red
    850 nearly invisible IR
    ------------------------------

All RED 660 NM 90 Watt LED Indoor Garden Grow Light UFO For Budding Flowering
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/320764842234
    Price:
    US $150.00
    =====================

https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/specialty-led-lighting/11-ir-high-powered-led-spot-light-18w/1607/3704/?utm_source=Adroll%20Dynamic%20FBX&utm_medium=Adroll%20Dynamic%20FBX&utm_campaign=Adroll%20Dynamic%20FBX&utm_source=adroll&utm_medium=banner&utm_campaign=rhc

High Powered IR LED Spot Light - 54W, 850nm
    12~28 VDC
    Total Power Consumption 17.6 Watts
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 3, 2015
    jwhb77, seanb4 and lilreddgirl like this.
  14. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

My best guess on this is that if one was able to obtain a UV bulb that didn't give off any 'visible' light (not sure if they exist) or an IR bulb that was the same, then these would be great at night because they would not impair sleep. If we were sleeping in nature like how we were designed, we would probably be absorbing all kinds of photons from the surrounding plants, ground etc. But these photons would be of very low power and not visible.
    However if you were to add up all the photonic power maybe it would equal the power of a visible light . (Just thinking out loud. lol)
    That is my best guess as to why these lights would be good at night. I keep mine off because it messes with my sleep.

15. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

IR light works best if the tissue is cold. When there is heat, there is entropy. As the tissue heats up, coherence is lost. The energy is disorganized and cannot be stored. The heat is released.

16. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Same here, black light messes up my sleep.
    I think that may be because of the visible blue content.

Note that the visible blue content would make that kind of bulb less desirable for after sundown use, during wakeup hours.
    On balance, visible blue within black light at night, during wakeup hours, does not hurt,
    as proven by good health of restaurant crew in Chicago.
    But,
    for now (subject to changes),
    I decided to not use black light bulbs at all.
    I think it should be better when I use full spectrum light. It contains already all the UV-A & UV-B that I need.

I think of my indoor spaces as a cage in the ZOO.
    Animal in the zoo is from different geographical area.
    To keep it alive zoo keeper must change local environment to suit the animal.
    Similar, even more pronounced, to a problems we were facing when having tropical coral reef tank.
    Content of tank was mostly from Fiji. Latitude 18.0000° S
    Tank located USA NJ 07054, Latitude 40.8596° N
    ----
    24hr in my zoo cage are divided into two periods, sleep, wakeup.
    sleep 10hrs,
    subdivided into 2hrs dark no sleep winding down, red light, actual sleep 8hrs no lights

wakeup 14 hrs
    wakeup subdivided, 12hrs, full sun (more Solar Glow lamps), 2hrs, less sun (one Solar Glo lamp)

------------------------------------

17. Brother John

Brother John Silver

Lilred,
    I totally get why you are confused on these issues. Me too. Jack "explains" so much but to apply what he is talking about is very difficult to do with any level of confidence for me. The nitty gritty on the whole light thing has been left out as to bulbs and timing and the people here are just doing their best to make good decisions. Sorry to not be more help! I've determined that morning sun is a good thing when I can get some cause I'm north of Seattle.... evening would likely be great too but not here cause of weather etc.
    Best Wishes,
    Brother John

18. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Well after today's blog no one should say it...........it is all laid out in detail. Read and assimilate.

Why food and biochemistry doen't matter as much as the food guru's believe because the proteins in our eye clock only respond to light levers we ruin.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2015
    MySecondFiftyYears and jwhb77 like this.
  19. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

TIME 4 is live already. Same day of Quantlet debut for beta testers.

Scompy likes this.
  20. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Scompy likes this.