1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Understanding Black Light

Discussion in 'The New Monster Thread' started by Jason Prall, Oct 12, 2015.

1. lilreddgirl

lilreddgirl New Member

My thoughts are that the 'tanned' effect is due to the UVB, where the distance matters.

2. lilreddgirl

lilreddgirl New Member

I'm using the Exoterra Wire Lamp http://www.exo-terra.com/en/products/wire_light.php for 250 Watts with my Solar Glow 160. From my understanding like seanb4 said, the bulbs require a lamp that can handle the amount of wattage.

lohd2015 likes this.
  3. lilreddgirl

lilreddgirl New Member

My thoughts: I think the UVA is the important one to get through the retina... UVB is important for Vitamin D production and can create a tan.

Here's earlier in the thread where Dr. Kruse answers lohD2015 "you dont need it for vitamin D you need it for the DC electric current" in regards to a question about blacklight usage.

https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/understanding-black-light.16985/page-2

ShaneLewandoski likes this.
  4. Aerose91

Aerose91 New Member

Thank you for that, Jude, im going to spend some time reading that discussion. Only problem for me so far is im reacting badly to black lights and a reptile light i tried- weezing, fast hr, muscle pain, spaced out etc.. i guess its the mercury...

5. Aerose91

Aerose91 New Member

Thanks for that. I actually read that blog earlier but still dont quite understand using a light for DC current, but theres a lot i dont understand. Either way, i def cant use a cfl bulb :cool:

6. lilreddgirl

lilreddgirl New Member

That sucks :(

I'm concerned about the mercury myself... it's not affecting me but I wonder if being close to lamps for hours a day for days on end wouldn't eventually create toxicity even when there wasn't any beforehand...

Have you considered supplementing with extra selenium in case you are mercury toxic?

As far as DC current I think the idea is that UV(A) in our eyes and skin will build the DC current in our EZ water.

As I understand you're camping out in the desert, so maybe you could get Sunrise - 11 AM light for your UV anyway ?

7. seanb4

seanb4 New Member

I'm probably completely wrong but as I understood it , it doesn't make you more mercury toxic, it just causes problems with mercury already there due to how it resonates???????

Matty_M, Cpt.Tired and lilreddgirl like this.
  8. Aerose91

Aerose91 New Member

I think this is how dr kruse explains it. Id imagine the mercury is contained unless you break the bulb

lilreddgirl likes this.
  9. Aerose91

Aerose91 New Member

Ok, that explains it a little better, thank you.
    I take at least 200mg of selenium per day already. Once this started i took 3-400 thinking maybe it will scavenge up some extra mercury that is mobilized now but unfortunately not the case.

I do live in a tent. Most days its totally sun from 6am-11 and thats always my primary goal. In those cases i just do the sun but theres been a little extra weather here lately so i just want to supplement when there isnt any. I dont like to even go one day where i feel i haven't gained or accomplished at least something. I also built an infared sauna in my truck for those days.

lilreddgirl likes this.
  10. lilreddgirl

lilreddgirl New Member

Ok technically I agree BUT in practice... the bulbs have a weird smell when in use! Mercury vapor inside + lots of Heat = no vapor emitted or leaking? even though it smells weird? I sure hope so... I don't think mercury should have a smell but the bulbs definitely do and it's not 'fresh air'

11. lilreddgirl

lilreddgirl New Member

I would drop the bulbs with the symptoms you're having. I agree it totally sucks to feel like you're not doing something (towards my healing at least for me). Unrelated: have you heard of the Hulda Clark protocols?

12. Aerose91

Aerose91 New Member

Funny you say that,i thought i was the only one who smelled something. If i think about it, i remember that with every black light ive been around even as a kid.

Just to experiment i turned on a regular cfl bulb next to me today and no problems at all. I wonder whats unique about black and mercury vapor bulbs for me.

Just looked up Hulda Clark, ive never heard of zapping but toxins and mold are the main reason i live out in the desert now. I know Dr Kruse says thats just a low redox but simply lightening the toxic load can give my body a chance to catch up- im just too sensitive to these things. Hell, i cant even be around clothes that came out of a dryer for up to 3 days

lilreddgirl likes this.
  13. lilreddgirl

lilreddgirl New Member

One of her books I found and read for free:

http://www.frequencyrising.com/Hulda.Clark.The.Cure.For.All.Advanced.Cancers.pdf

For me an overwhelming and mind blowing read.... Implementation involves in part challenging exclusionary protocols (something we know a bit about).

I know that better redox takes care of many infection and allergy issues and that's Dr. Kruse's approach... he has many angles Hulda Clark has missed - such as EMF exposure, UV light, CT, use of seasonal ketosis... and I am focused on working these angles at moment...

However since you are seemingly having difficulty with building redox I know Hulda Clark's work takes a targeted approach and you can perhaps 'lighten your toxic load' as you say by pinpointing organism and location and addressing your infection directly. It also if you are not mentally overwhelmed gives you something to do as far as implementing steps rather than being stuck feeling like you're not really getting anything done.

On a curious note I would be so interested on Dr. Kruse's thoughts if he were to look into Hulda Clark's research as far as how different organisms emit specific radio frequencies, how dye accumulation affects the timing of cells, how radio frequencies of materials can be copied into water - and subsequently measured, how cancer involves the combination of a metal-organism-endocrine gland molecular complex... lots of interesting stuff in her work.

Unfortunately, she died in 2009 and treatment at her clinic is no longer available. An online store that sells the supplements and other things she recommended and tests them electronically for purity using her protocols is still functioning, and I suspect pretty legit in terms of quality and purity.

I don't think she specifically mentions Bartonella though... I did a quick search and found some info on people who are treating or have recovered from Lyme and Bartonella using a divice similar to hers something called a Rife...

http://arianecooks.com/get-well-soon-my-cld-protocols/

and here:

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=132139;p=0

some notes from a Dr. Klinghardt speech which mentions Bartonella briefly (perhaps look up his info as well?)

http://www.betterhealthguy.com/a-deep-look-beyond-lyme

where is mentioned raising MSH will get rid of many issues... Dr. Kruse says CT greatly increases MSH (I read that you do not currently tolerate much CT due to energy expenditure ... just pointing out some interesting links)

Last edited: Jan 1, 2016
  14. lilreddgirl

lilreddgirl New Member

seanb4 likes this.
  15. Aerose91

Aerose91 New Member

Nope flourescent tubes give off x rays if im correct. I wonder how strong that bulb would be with just one surface mount LED. You can easilly buy a black light flashlight for cheap or hell, even take the LED out of that bulb and hold it against your wrist with a cell battery on it. Can't give off that much EMF, right?

lilreddgirl likes this.
  16. lilreddgirl

lilreddgirl New Member

Not a bad idea... Amazon reviewers seemed to say that it put out a decent amount of light...

but check out this for possible wrist use!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/110V-new-Ul...ffType=OrderSubTotalOffer&_trksid=p5731.m3795

A big UV LED light! (hope it's spectroscopy checks out without blue, hoping same with the blacklight... the Feit CFL blacklight seemed to disturb my melatonin production while the Duracell CFL blacklight didn't...)

To be used in conjunction with a Red LED...

http://www.amazon.com/RubyLux-High-...p/B01544PUJ2/ref=cm_cr_pr_pdt_img_top?ie=UTF8

(hopefully becomes available for sale soon)

Red to create the EZ, UV to power it up... a member just recently posted that he is feeling great energy effects using RED and UV together (in room not on wrist) ... much better than UV alone.

17. lohd2015

lohd2015 New Member

I am looking at the spectrum guide for the Solar Glo 160. There appears to be a huge spike of blue at the 415 to 425nm. I remember Doc saying on FB that "Blue light can penetrate into fat layers where Hg lies, and dentists wear lamps on their heads that have extreme blue spikes at 435 nm with high color temperatures that can photoelectrically energize Hg in your tissues." I have quite a few mercury amalgams, and the range of the blue spike is too close for for comfort. Any thoughts please?
    As such, I am looking at the Exo Terra 150 or the 200 with a lot of UVB, but very little IR. I am interested in Vit D3 production at this point. Seems like the 200 allows for similar penetration at greater distance.
    Thanks for the input.

18. lohd2015

lohd2015 New Member

I am using this particular black light, and I find that 45 mins of exposure right before sleep induces a high quality sleep for me. I love this light. It gives out a lot of 'light'. I basically use it as substitute for light in bedroom and living room at night.

Cpt.Tired and lilreddgirl like this.
  19. lilreddgirl

lilreddgirl New Member

I am concerned about the blue spike too in Solar Glo also as being counterproductive to UV basking... I can say that I have gained significant fat within a week of starting using it. (This was however something I personally am happy with, as I was feeling 'too skinny' before.). The gain stabilized after the first week. I was unsure why UV light would do that for me, other than boosting my appetite and slight carb intake - but similar dietary changes even in winter did not cause that type of weight gain - maybe it was the blue.

I am also now interested in Vitamin D production... unfortunately it looks like high Vitamin D production is a bit challenging to achieve, even with the most powerful 20Watt Exo Terra 200...

at a distance of 8 inches it charts 20 Vitamin D IU's per minute... (assuming it would be similar for humans)...

that would mean 1200 IU's per hour, so in 2 hours one would get approx... 2400 IU's...

that's similar amount to an 'average' oral supplement dose... (though since we're looking at endogenous production due to light exposure let's say it would be 'better' than oral ingestion both health wise and at keeping D levels increased)

4 hours of use would yield 4800IU's...

that would mean 2 hours of it only 8 inches away! That is a close distance, though doable... (Warning that there are possible EMF concerns with using the lamps close, not sure if the issues span across all types of bulbs, perhaps someone can test). There is also UVA in the light so that is a built in benefit.

at 12 inches which may be an easier set up it charts 15 Vitamin D IU's per minute... that means 900 IU's per hour, so in 2 hours one would get 1800, in 3 hours 2700 IUs , in 4 hours 3600IU's

please let us know if you try the Exo Terra bulbs, how you feel and if you decide to test your levels!

I would really like to hack a Sperti Vitamin D lamp like Dia used in her successful hack story, where 5 or 10 minutes of exposure significantly boosts levels. However it's also significantly more expensive (over $400) than the Exo Terra bulb which seems to be under 20$.

Anyone already using the Exo Terra 150 or 200 here? I read at the company site that the Exo Terra 150 was previously called the Repti Glo 10...

Last edited: Jan 2, 2016
    lohd2015 likes this.
  20. lilreddgirl

lilreddgirl New Member

Do you know if that nnEMF problem - 100mg AC magnetic - is an issue exclusive to blacklights ?

or would it apply to other CFL's or other mercury vapor lamps we are hacking?