1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

U.S. to reexamine health risks of cellphone radiation

Discussion in 'Factor X' started by ATL_Paleo, Mar 30, 2013.

1. ATL_Paleo

ATL_Paleo Gold

http://vitals.nbcnews.com/_news/201...reexamine-health-risks-of-cellphone-radiation

U.S. regulators are looking into how radio frequencies emitted by cellphones and other wireless devices affect people amid lingering concerns about the risks of cellphone radiation.

The Federal Communications Commission said on Friday it is seeking comment from other agencies and health experts on whether it should update its standards limiting exposure to phones' electromagnetic fields, as they apply to children in particular.

The FCC last reviewed those standards in 1996, before the ubiquitous use of mobile devices. But the agency's officials say they have no reason to believe the current standards are inadequate and called the proceeding, which was announced in documents posted online on Friday, a routine review.

Scientists have been unable to determine whether radio waves emitted by mobile devices pose threats to the brain or other parts of the human body but studies continue as the number of mobile devices Americans own, already in the hundreds of millions, continues to grow.

2. Rachelle

Rachelle New Member

Whatever happens it will be a cost to the consumer. They made the problem but we will pay.

3. Dali Dula

Dali Dula Moderator

Whatever happens it will be a cost to the consumer. They made the problem but we will pay.

They did not create the problem. They created potentially harmful technology. WE bought it because we love toys and convenience.( I include myself in the WE.)
    i'm not defending govt or the corporations, but it is us the consumer that creates these problems. the consumer has all the power. Consume or don't. The choice is yours. disconnect your wi fi. You pay for it every month. Throw away your cell phone you pay for it every month. Consumers can control markets by consuming or not. Is it hard? yes. Is it inconvenient? yes. If enough people stop paying for stuff you will quickly get the attention of the producers and the regulators. If the consumer effectively demands safe products the magic market will provide. Is this practical for the average person? No, but I have found AI disease to not be practical. Unfortunately , Buyer beware, is really the way to be. Due diligence sucks, but it works.

4. Hope

Hope Gold

I am not sure when the government will be willing to say 'this' is bad......at least in part because of the lobby of all the companies benefitting from all this. Just like what happened with Monsanto this week and GMO labeling. Just look at this sentence:

Scientists have been unable to determine whether radio waves emitted by mobile devices pose threats to the brain or other parts of the human body but studies continue as the number of mobile devices Americans own, already in the hundreds of millions, continues to grow.

Really?????? I think not! There is a lot of evidence out there. I guess there is no longer term study because it's all so new, in some ways. But all I have learned from Dr K is enough to have me totally convinced. I was sort of convinced before but I didn't fully get it (and still don't), but I am not waiting for anyone anymore......

As far as consumerism causing all this - of course. People, forgive me, are stupid. I was too. Unless people are or get really sick, they won't want to change. If you're sick, you're willing to look deeper. If not, it's SO easy to declare us believers crazy.....people really have to get it and there is very little real education....this place here excepted. It stinks but I know time will bear out the truth......

5. Huck

Huck Silver

Once the government took on the role of regulator, they also took on the role of safety. Unfortunately, the government can usually be counted on to get safety wrong and focus on regulation.