1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

twice a day?

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by Julie5, Oct 31, 2013.

1. Julie5

Julie5 New Member

I have now controlled my appetite (2 meals a day, no cravings, no snacks). I'm not yet in ketosis (struggling with getting enough iodine even though doc has me on drops). I'm trying to drink enough water, wearing amber glasses, no electricity or emf in bedroom at night, sleeping on magnetic mattress.

CAn I begin face dunking but do it twice a day? Same with when I ice my torso? Or is that going too fast for the stage I am in? I feel that once I can get into a cold bath the inflammation that is causing heart issues and low back pain will diminish.

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

you can not do enough CT......just make sure your eating fat and drinking water

3. yewwei.tan

yewwei.tan Gold

A common routine of mine which I started this winter (June in Australia) was to take a 5 minute morning dip in the cold tub, and then disperse multiple showers which were 1-3 minutes long through the rest of the day. I would not towel off completely, and then proceed to stand around with my shirt off while I air-dried in a 50-55F room. I'd then jump into the shower for a quick spray every few hours to "kick start" the cold again.

Doesn't really have the same sort of effect right now, whereby air temps in my room are more like 59-63F, but I guess some CT is always better than none. I should say that I'm a software engineer, and all my work is done from my home office, hence the luxury of being able to stand shirtless in the cold while working :)

4. Julie5

Julie5 New Member

Your last paragraph made me smile. I'm home most all day, but let's just say going shirtless would be complicated for me.

5. caroline

caroline Moderator

coward..........

6. Julie5

Julie5 New Member

You make me laugh, Caroline.

My in=laws live right next door, we have a lot windows, hubby comes home at various times and he's def a red-blooded man. 3 good reasons to keep my shirt on!

7. caroline

caroline Moderator

Actually you have that backwards.... the more oxy the better ....for him and you - could be a win/win....just saying....

have you watched the sex webinar? and the follow up Q&A????

8. Julie5

Julie5 New Member

I can't afford the monthly membership to watch the webinars. Wish I could.

9. caroline

caroline Moderator

The take home is .... You both would have a smile on your face 24/7......

10. Julie5

Julie5 New Member

Not necessarily. There is always vaginal pain for me. But I do have a question about oxytocin. Is it only produced as a result of sexual activity? I guess I need a list, of sorts. I understand orgasm, however that comes about. WHat else?

11. caroline

caroline Moderator

Hugging, touching, not just your partner - pets....

Did you breast feed your sons? that is a great way......

You always have pain? that is not good....not able to sort it out? sorry if that is too personal....

Have you read the oxytocin thread in the cave? A lot of people shared a lot of important stuff in that thread.

also there is a sex thread in the cave where a lot of different problems were discussed.

Those threads were huge because everyone sort of shed their inhibitions and just got on with solving various problems and they were great fun too!

12. Inger

Inger Silver

I have a friend she had so much vaginal pain when having sex she could barely stand it, the doctors found nothing. I told her to stop her P pills, that they are very bad for health... and she did. Very short after the vaginal pain disappeared! No other changes was done, same boyfriend, same diet etc. She was amazed and said it must have been the pill. Maybe the pain is hormonal? And dryness is a big issue. Especially for post menopausal women... but even young women have this issue today. Must be because people are so much dehydrated. I myself have never suffered from vaginal dryness (but I have also never used hormones like the pill, or any other prevention using them) but many I know have... even younger than me. As you get more optimal the dryness will disappear too :)

13. Julie5

Julie5 New Member

I went to my doc years ago before my hysterectomy and before menopause. The pain has been there since having our children. There seems to be no cause at all. i've never been on the pill (maybe that's why we have 5 kids!). Hubby is gentle and we lube. Still there is pain. So we try work-arounds, and that is not satisfying to either of us.

As for our babies, i nursed all of them until they weaned themselves. WEll, one I had to force wean since he was chewing me up and it created infection.

So Caroline, are you saying that because I nursed all those long years ago that it has a current oxy benefit?

14. caroline

caroline Moderator

No - I am not saying that ....LOL ....But many people say that it was the best, most rewarding time and the oxy benefits were huge.

You are amazing - even with all the pain - you don't let that stop you! There must be a really reasonable explanation for this.
    We need to sort this out ASAP...... I will resurrect an old thread and see what happens.

15. caroline

caroline Moderator

BTW ....I don't think I was clear ....the oxy benefits for your health are huge .... people live longer. It is really important for your hubby's heart health.

You probably know all this .... I don't want you to think I was just being silly....

16. Julie5

Julie5 New Member

I tried to find the thread, but no luck. There are so many threads, and searching for a thread with the word SEX doesn't bring up anything. It's too short. I've been on the oxytocin thread, but much of the content I read was about masturbation, and that's a place I won't go. If you can help me find helpful entries, that would be great.

You are such an inspiration and help to so many of us. Thanks for your kindness and help.

17. caroline

caroline Moderator

I brought the sex thread forward ......

If you are looking at the oxy thread - have a look at what Dr. K. had to say when someone questioned "the party of one"

oxy, in whatever way.....with or without a partner .... activates the great pharmacy in the brain - it is like a freebie....

You are lucky enough to have a kind and caring and loving partner ......not everyone is that lucky - for whatever reason...so that is mostly what that thread is all about.

I don't know if I told you this before........There is a thread that Dr. K. started .....say something about the one you love...it is a beautiful thread. I will find it and get back to you.

I am always happy to help in any way ....I love and respect what Dr. K. is doing for us and, I suppose, I am just trying to pay it forward. I also remember how hard it is to belong to a forum when you never have before .....I was so clueless!
    some may say - I still am ...:)

You might want to pm cantweight and see what she has to offer ......she is studying to be a nurse practitioner and had lots of problems of her own that she talks about in the oxy thread.

Page 15 in the cave ........say something about the one you love - about one third of the way down the page.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2013
  18. Inger

Inger Silver

Might be hormonal then... because hormones change a lot after childbirth... and if they was not optimal before the pregnancy they will get even worse after. So maybe that is what happened to you? Even if you never used the pill (you are a wise women Julie :love:). My mom never used too and she got 15 kids..lol She does not have any hormonal problems that I know of but I guess she was in very good shape when starting having kids.. she lived her youth in northern Norway.. getting lots of CT and fish... never smoked, used alcohol or partied, she always loved to sing and play piano too and I guess this is a very healthy thing to do.

I still am very confident the pain will go away after a while on this path :) and until then work-around sounds like a beautiful alternative, I personally think those can be very satisfying too! And release lots of oxy..........:)