1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

Tweaks to Dutch hormone test results

Discussion in 'Optimal Labs' started by DLO, Oct 2, 2016.

1. DLO

DLO StarFish

Thanks JanSz for dropping boatloads of info I will have to take some time to pour over all this. With plenty of question i'm sure. Just in the last month pre lab results i've been using ground mustard seed in my daily veg smoothie along with other herbs. I have also been taking biotruslenium 200mcg 1/day with my first meal. The nascent iodine combined with this is supposed to be the 1-2 punch.
    Question about the sunlight is what about when it's raining and cloudy? I'll go out and stare at the clouds during lunch break but can't come back into clinic soaked and cold.

2. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Use the sun when available.
    Best time in your location is one hr before and one hr after solar noon.
    Get interested in the best artificial lights you can figure.
    I have already given you mine ideas.
    There is always a way to improve on it.
    It will newer be perfect.

Make sure to have a source of blue light to look at right after you get of the bed.
    No blue light from about 4 hrs before bed time till wakeup.
    =================================================
    Definitely no to mustard seeds.
    They are specifically listed as no no for people with questionable fatty acids.
    biotruslenium
    you likely mean bio-true-selenium
    sounds good
    make sure to ask Spectracell Micronutrient analysis what it thinks about that.
    ==================================================
    You have been sold on nascent. I am not.

==================================================
    You have two big problems to solve, well three:

get the best light that you can arrange,
    even if it is mostly artificial

Get vit D to the level I suggested, and do it using light and no supplements.

Get your TSH to within (0.5 -2), and FT3 within upper 1/4 of laboratory range, both at the same time

After you get all three above right
    wait six months or more, re-evaluate.

================================
    Look up my posts above for the group of tests that you should do every 6 months,
    in my opinion, I am not a doctor and do not have any medical education.

///////

Last edited: Oct 13, 2016
  3. DLO

DLO StarFish

JanSz do you have some brands or specifics in mind for lighting? I have currently converted my work place to incandescent, much more relaxing but the one GEreveal tri bulb I tried already blew out the lowest first setting. :(
    I do have the 4 bulb version of the t5 quantam running 4.1k mostly for growing basil and cilantro indoors. Should I be using these instead of incandescent? No idea where i'd find a 200G tank/reef.
    Does looking at my monitor without bluetechs count as blue light first thing out of bed? I do have the philips golite led blue lights.

Went to bed at 10pm last night and now i'm up at 4:30 and it's still pitch black.
    I dont really feel tired
    What is the problem with mustard seed that is where selenium is usually extracted from?
    Thank you again for the mention of the free fatty acids test as the omega 3 to 6 ratio tests i've been asking about are in the 300-400$ range
    Would taking mercola's krill oil cause my estrogen to be low? During the time of the test I was only eating seafood maybe once a week. Now I am planning on doing 3-4 days of seafood and not using the krill oil.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2016
  4. JanSz

JanSz Gold

I have already given you set of lights that I propose and use.
    That includes links to where I bought them.
    Now think of total wattage. It should be 1kW at the minimum.
    https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/pg-e2-ratio.6427/page-4#post-201738

Having higher light levels reach the eyes in the
    morning, coupled with lower levels reaching the eyes in the evening, generally is better
    to support our body’s natural melatonin production and maintain sleep-wake cycles.

============================================

People who have renegade fatty acids, are told not to use mustard seeds oils.

They are long, much longer the the usual fatty acids that are at cell and mitochondrial membranes.
    So they do not fit and disrupt uniform membrane thickness.
    Variety of diseased are due to this.

To get basic fatty acids tests you do not need $$, it is paid by insurance.

Stay away from fake fatty acids tests.
    If I do not have available sun I look at my Exo terra 160W when I get off the bed.

=============================================

5. JanSz

JanSz Gold

10pm last night and now i'm up at 4:30
    that is less than 7 hours.
    ========================

That is identified as a problem here, it is sleep disorder:
    http://www.gelighting.com/LightingWeb/align/images/GE-Lighting-And-Sleep-Whitepaper.pdf
    https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.p...rom-my-profession-on-light.18070/#post-196834

An
    estimated 50–70 million adults in the United States suffer from chronic sleep or
    wakefulness issues, and the percentage of adults who report averaging less than
    seven hours of sleep per night has increased by about one third since the 1980s.
    According to the National Institute of Health, sleep disorders have been linked to a
    growing list of long-term health problems, including a greater risk of heart disease,
    stroke, diabetes, obesity, and other diseases.”

6. DLO

DLO StarFish

These are the glasses i'm using after dinner https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01GSFTX08/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    I have one of these tiny guys https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01544PUJ2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    The big brother https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01I5GN43A/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    One of these (not sure on range so not sure on use) https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0196JMJ36/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    A variety of the Therabulb's which are all the same just with difference on reflectors https://www.amazon.com/TheraBulb-In...UTF8&qid=1476447931&sr=1-4&keywords=therabulb
    Having just read Jack's post about using the Therabulb NIR at dusk 5-7pm makes me wonder if using them before bed would cause me to sleep less? I've been using 3 them at different (would do 4 but waiting on shipping) angles for about 30 mins to warm up.

Now I just need to get the solar glows and sperti tanning lamps.

7. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Good.

Think not only of desirable light frequencies
    but also
    light intensities.
    Attempt to follow natural pattern.
    Bright during the day, less bright in the afternoon till evening
    total darkness for about 10 hrs.

I divide the 10 hrs.
    2hrs with red light
    8hrs actual total darkness when in the bed sleeping.

//////////////

8. DLO

DLO StarFish

9. JanSz

JanSz Gold

10. DLO

DLO StarFish

Alright so it wasn't like this newer model came out recently and wasn't available at the time and the fiji sun is still better for our purposes?
    How is vit A via lamp vs diet different?

11. JanSz

JanSz Gold

To get natural vit D you need UVb and sulfur (garilc, onions, leeks, MSM)
    To get naturtal vit A you need UVa and carotenoids (carrots, peppers)

White Sperti = UVb
    Red Sperti = UVa + UVb

////

12. JanSz

JanSz Gold

I asked # of times but have not got (yet) good (practical) information on :
    Melanocortin
    POMC
    γ-MSH ACTH β-lipotropin

α-MSH CLIP γ-lipotropin β-endorphin

β-MSH

================
    To play safe (I hope) I am using Melanotan II.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melanotan_II

http://melanotan2usa.com/?variant=18353952263

That is the closest to alpha-MSH I can get.
    ////////////////////
    See my results here, last August 2016

It may be hard to see, but my jacket is in fractals (following @Jack Kruse ideas).
    I could use better fractal jacket too (size 39R).
    All that mostly at zip 07054, with some trips to Myrtle Beach SC.
    GPS coordinates of Parsippany
    Latitude : 40.8621
    Longitude : -74.4117
    Usually one sometimes 2 bars on cell phone.
    Location shown on picture is out of cell phone range but texting still works, ie, sporadic signal still available,
    wood burning heat (including pool).

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 15, 2016
  13. DLO

DLO StarFish

This is my BOOOOOOOM. Doing the lowfodmaps diet to heal SIBO I am avoiding all those foods!!!

14. DLO

DLO StarFish

Hate to sound all 'woo' but i've now been consistently waking up at 4am whether I go to bed at 10pm or 11pm, and the only thing i've changed is not using muse/meditating daily....
    Is there something lab wise I could investigate?

15. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Go thru my posts, there is a lots of tests that I suggest.

////////////////////

16. DLO

DLO StarFish

Thanks JanSZ after doing the big 5 body by science workout I slept from 10-7 problem is they only recommend doing that once a week :p

17. JanSz

JanSz Gold

You seem to be good with cortisol, at least early in the day.
    You could likely benefit more if you had good FreeT3.
    Your high TSH asks for a lot more of thyroid hormones.

Good idea to confirm status of your kidneys.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
  18. DLO

DLO StarFish

Strange thing seems to be that I can only sleep past 4 am if I do weight training the same day.
    If I do HIIT at hitting peaks of 90-95% HR I still dont sleep as much as if I do weights....
    Waiting on some test results now...

19. DLO

DLO StarFish

20. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Last edited: Dec 20, 2016